1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Soliad Wendover is getting released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kasey1776, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

bruh.
    1. No one is making threads asking for one, but people have made many, many threads for crappy meshslap bolide ones, and on basically every other platform besides the forums(forums are there in areas), people are asking, for a modern supercar and getting butthurt about the Wendover. If you want something pretty close to a supercar, get a fast SBR4 with active aero or get the Audi R8 in Agent's pack.
    2. Even on the forums, in the Update Speculation thread, there has been plenty of complaining.
    3. For a decade, it's been in development limbo. No updates. Why? Because people whined, and it didn't get much attention. Now that the devs are set on doing it, there isn't a reason to complain or get mad that it's coming.
    4. If you actually looked at what the Wendover is bringing to the table(so far), the changes wouldn't be just cosmetic. FWD American coupe, and from the new render, it seems to be entering 90's territories. We don't have much info, but you're acting like we have it. Only when we have the info, is it really justified to say "hey, this adds nothing new." Let the devs say what they are adding.
    We want to finish the original lineup of vehicles set back in 2012, so just let it happen. Be grateful we're getting something, if we weren't, we would probably end up with nothing.
    Will go to bed now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG is a vehicle simulator, go play gran turismo.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, we should have done it a few months earlier, would have stopped the attention for another decade.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well, I would actually prefer the technological exploration of a modern hypercar (though the fastest SBR4s may just be enough) to just doing a rogersmithbox #2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 1234321

Expand Collapse

1. I wasn't asking/suggesting for the addition of a super car I was simply being objective and trying to point out the reasons why people want a super car. I rearly visit other sections of this fourm so I may have missed the super car begging, besides in the vehicle suggestion threads I saw more people asking for a modern muscle car than a super car. Personally I don't care for either I just want a high quality vehicle and a remastered Bolide :^).
    2. While there would certinly be changes with the addition of the Wendover there would be less PERCEIVED changes as a fair amount of people just see the Wendover as a Legran M.K. 2. While the changes a super car would introduce would far be more 'flashy' and noticable to the general player base. Once again if you read my post you would see that I said MOST LIKELY wont add anything new because to be fair it is hard to imagine what a cast iron 1980-1990's American slushmobile would add as a whole to the game I never said that it was impossiable. Again I don't really care for the Wendover's addition as long as it is well made I will be fine with its addition. My post was simply an objective look at the reasoning for some peoples dismay at the addition of the Wendover and wanting the addition of a super car.
    P.S You may not want to have the word 'Bruh' when replying to someone it can come off as needlessly aggressive.
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't understand the point you are trying to make. A super car is still a vehicle therefore still deserves a place in beamng drive just like any other vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

1. The word bruh, isn't a word of aggression, more confusion and shock. It's a meme. Even the people that I dislike to the core understand that the word "bruh" is a joke, and is not meant for aggression. I don't know why you don't get that, but iiwii.

2. My whole point is that I don't like people getting mad at the Wendover. It's been neglected for 8 years, people. Not trying to say that a supercar shouldn't be added, but just stop whining about the fact that the Wendover is being added. No point in whining. You can dislike it, idrc if you do, but I don't like people going everywhere screaming about how the Wendover is pointless. It's something rather than nothing. They have a reason to dislike it, but not a reason to whine about it.

End of story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Look at youtube/reddit comments, people have been begging for a modern civetta for ages.

Active aero is already on the SBR. The Soliad could get active suspension, which would be a new system. The Allante had active dampers for example.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 1234321

Expand Collapse

1. Fair enough. Whenever people used the word bruh to me they typically ment it in a mocking/insulting way. So I obviously took your use of it the wrong way.
    2. That is understandable.
    --- Post updated ---
    I should have specified what I ment when I said active aero. I ment something along the line of the Zenvo's active wing () or how some super cars have sperate channels that open up to actively adjust the cars Aerodynamic profile or to direct more air into the car's cooling components.

• Like Like x 2
  8. forgottenusername

forgottenusername
    Expand Collapse

Threads maybe not. But it seems whatever BeamNG posts on Facebook has a lot of people asking for random things.

I'm not against a modern super/hyper car but I believe everything has a time and right now I can't see it happening soon. Revamping old components of the game is what the devs have their eye on right now the FCV being an exception. Even after all this is done making a car from the ground up that is so technical with all the features you mentioned takes a considerable amount of time.

#48 forgottenusername, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  9. FlippyJimJams

FlippyJimJams
    Expand Collapse

What's funny is everyone's like "we don't need another 80's car" yet we have like 4 modern cars that are all the same

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

For some people "modern" is everything after 2000, for others after 2010... Also I wouldn't say they are all the same, I mean the K-Series and the 800 are really similar, but all the others are different. Still, I also don't agree with the complaints, we do have quite a few 80s cars but it doesn't mean we can't have just 1 more.

11. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

SHUT YOUR FRICK UP

YOU ARE GETTING WENDOVER

IT WILL BE COLL AND GOODE

• Agree Agree x 12
  12. Taipan

Taipan
    Expand Collapse

To all the people who don't want the Soliad Wendover: Stop. We are getting the Wendover wether y'all like it or not. Go complain about something else. Mind your own business. A long time ago the car was cancelled because of your petty complaints and you are not going to do it again. I'm sure it will have something cool. And if there isn't then you don't have to use it if you don't want to. So why don't we just stop before this turns bad? Lots of people are expecting this car!

13. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

wendover col and gud

whoever disagrees will get these hands

14. FlippyJimJams

FlippyJimJams
    Expand Collapse

k
    for me modern is everything after 1989 and i hate it

15. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

I'm just happy that we are gonna get a new car, stop complaining.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Soliad Wendover. The best-selling personal luxury coupe in America, whether you like it or not.

Kind of a shitty marketing line, almost up there with "This Game Stinks," ngl

17. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

Soliad Wendover seems cool, I'm interested to see it in game. I know it'll be a sedan, but will there be other body versions? Like a wagon or limo?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

I understand you on this one. To me it's all about looks over performance. I'd rather drive something that can't get out of its own way, but look like a million bucks and some change, driving slow down the road, than something that goes zoom, zoom, zoom... but just looks like another cookie-cutter jelly bean wedge, driving down the road.
    --- Post updated ---
    What is this Soledad Bendover.... errr.... I mean Soliad Wendover? What does it look like, and why is it so controversial? I haven't been following this debate in any way, shape, or form. What year is it supposed to most closely occur in?

19. FlippyJimJams

FlippyJimJams
    Expand Collapse

Actually it was "This game sucks" look up your Beavis and butthead facts mate

20. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

It’ll be a coupe. We don’t know yet whether there will be sedan or other body styles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice