1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Soliad Wendover

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by Leeloo, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Siddharth Mehta

Siddharth Mehta
    Expand Collapse

2. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I just had an idea for a new Bruckell-Soliad engine: how about making a transverse 5.0 V8 comprised of two 2.5 I4s? I mean, the existing 4.4 V8 is made of two 2.2 I4s joined together around the same crankshaft and the 2.5 I4, which is the longest engine, fits perfectly in the engine room of the Wendover. Apart from further expanding the Wendover's engine and variant choices, the transverse 5.0 V8 would also be handy for pretty much any other Soliad model to appear in the Wendover's era (1987 - 1995) and to be based on the Wendover's components.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Logically this makes a lot of sense, because each of the smaller displacement 4/6 cylinder engines have larger displacement brothers, both sharing the same upgrade in displacement per cylinder. A 5.0L V8 just makes logical sense, even if it was something never offered in these vehicles from the factory. It would likely be offered in other Bruckell/Soliad models, just not in the LeGran or Wendover.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

In the V8s' case, I think this would make sense for the Wendover after the facelift of the 92MY. The pre-facelift version can have the 4.4 while the facelifted one can have the 5.0. In general, I believe this would make sense for all the models that can be based on the Wendover's components, for showing an improvement in performance by introducing a larger and more powerful V8 for all of them, along with their facelifts or the introduction of their new generations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

why doesnt the wendover have a third brake light?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I asked the same question some time ago and I got the answer that the taillight bar is large enough to deem the CHMSL unnecessary.

7. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

hmm, I thought third brake lights would still be required, because they're supposed to be separate from the taillights. weird

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Weird indeed.

9. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Austen's Parts Pack has a third brake light, and it looks great legal!
    screenshot_2023-01-03_10-18-42.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

It should be added in the vanilla game!

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I just thought of a couple of suggestions for improving the interior of the Wendover in any future update.
    The first one is about the digital Gauge Cluster screen and the Climate Control Unit touch screen: since both are LCDs, wouldn't it make sense if they turned off/black when the ignition is put in the "Off" position and turned on when it is put in the "Accessories Only" and "On" positions? Plus, there's also a cool (and equally real, as proven from many digital gauge clusters of that era) gimmick which should be shown in the "Accessories Only" and "On" ignition positions: when the digital gauge cluster is turned on, all the warning lights turn on and, more importantly, the bar-graph readouts max out themselves and then they return back to zero (or the idle, temperature, fuel and voltage levels if the engine is on). Right now, this cute gimmick is only momentarily shown when the Wendover is spawned and that's kinda shame, tbh!
    The turning-on-and-off feature (not the max-out gimmick, though) can also be applied to the Wydra, since it's got an LCD screen too.

The second suggestion is about the front seating situation: the Wendover has got large width and I believe that it could very well have a front bench seat since the gap between the front buckets is quite large without the Center Console and it ain't pretty. Especially the normal versions that feature the Column Shifter for their automatic transmissions (3300, S 3800, SE 3800, SE 4400 V8) can take big advantage of this and make the Wendover one of the only two 6-passenger 2-door Coupe cars to be included in the game so far (with the other being the Gavril Bluebuck in its 2-door versions and the Moonhawk being yet another candidate for this type of seating, also due to its large width, bringing the 2-door 6-passenger car number to three)!
    The front bench seat can also be applied to the Moonhawk, the LeGran and the Gavril Grand Marshal since all three of them have an available Column Shifter. Plus the LeGran has got 4 air vents on the passenger side of the dashboard (and the Moonhawk has two of them on that side), so the two ones to be more on the center of the dash could be used for that middle-seat passenger.

#171 McBeamer94, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

I remember my dad's 2008 Lexus IS220D doing that but with the gauge needles instead of the screen.
    I think some modern day cars should have this feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the analogue gauges could have this feature in BeamNG too!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

I always thought it was funny when you exceed 99.9 mpg it shows error.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-02-09_22-33-15.png
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. plasticbodypanels

plasticbodypanels
    Expand Collapse

bugs n stuff idk

the glass has an extremely obvious blue tint
    upload_2023-3-14_0-45-14.png
    rear seats are missing idk what to call it, which would be fine if they couldnt be displaced in a crash, but they can
    upload_2023-3-14_0-45-49.png
    spikes
    upload_2023-3-14_0-47-51.png
    upload_2023-3-14_0-48-46.png
    and this, which might just be a conflicting mod but a few of my friends have this too and we're all too lazy to check so if someone can 100% it ill remove it from here
    upload_2023-3-14_0-52-12.png
    -
    i kinda wish this car would get a slight update, afaik its not been touched since its release which is pretty sad as there is alot of potential for funny wedge car

16. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I’m pretty sure the glass is supposed to be green.

17. plasticbodypanels

plasticbodypanels
    Expand Collapse

compare it to every other car in the game and you will see its not :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops:

18. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I’m comparing it to other IRL cars of the era :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops:

19. Doge_guy

Doge_guy
    Expand Collapse

I think it is a bug for all vehicles, I see this on them, too

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

how lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice