1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

(SOLVED) AI Traffic not braking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ImJacksBrother, Sep 26, 2022.

1. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

So, basically, I use AI a lot, but recently, i've been noticing that the AI literally doesn't stop. The AI always rear-end eachother and it gets super annoying because they slam into me randomly, while just using the Traffic feature. Not sure if this is a bug, or just a setting I have on. I have simplified vehicles on, due to my PC not handling 12 cars (5 parked)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

is this a bug?

3. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

4. Colonel Cole

Colonel Cole
    Expand Collapse

I am also having the same issue and would like to add two things I have found that isn't working:
    - The AI traffic will not yield to sirens at all (no braking, no pulling over, no stopping) for any sirens.
    - The "flee" mode does not work. If I click "flee" from the radial menu or the traffic UI app, the ai traffic (if stopped) will not move and (if moving) will stop driving as if someone took their hands off the gas and steering wheel. The same thing also happens when a vehicle tries to flee from the user.
    - If I click "flee" from the radial menu or the traffic UI app, the ai traffic (if stopped) also doesn't move, and (if moving) will do the same thing when I click "flee".
    This also occurs on both default and modded maps. Not sure why this is happening or if it is happening to anyone else.

5. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

6. cardriver96

cardriver96
    Expand Collapse

Does this also happen when you disable third party mods?

Update: Just ran some troubleshooting steps by removing all mods before adding them back to the "mods" folder one by one/folder by folder. It turns out that the mod called "Improved Siren Mod" (Mod file name: sirenmod.zip) was causing the traffic issues for me. After removing the mod, I noticed about 0-1 crashes with 20 traffic cars, while driving between both ends of the main highway in West Coast. All other traffic settings remained the same.

With the mod installed, I noticed about 7-10 crashes, including a few pileups within the same distance, and the same number of traffic cars spawned in West Coast. I'm currently in touch with the creator of the mod to see if the mod can be fixed.

#6 cardriver96, Oct 1, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ImJacksBrother

ImJacksBrother
    Expand Collapse

oh shit your right. appreciate it a lot :D

8. CPike709

CPike709
    Expand Collapse

im also having the same issue but im going to try uninstalling some mods
    --- Post updated ---
    yea i deleted the improved sirens mod and it helped fix the issue

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice