1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[SOLVED] D-Series 4WD-transfer case sometimes sends no power to front wheels

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by B0SS302, Feb 4, 2021.

1. B0SS302

B0SS302
    Expand Collapse

On my D-Series Truck with several engine and axle combinations sometimes the 4WD-transfer case sends no power to the front wheels. When i switch something on the powertrain and reswich it again, the error is gone for a while, but reoccures after a while or after a reload. You can see this effect ingame (burnout, offroad driving, tire spinning) and on the power flow widget (Images below).
    The truck is specced with a locking front and rear diff, heavy duty frame and drive shafts,10 lockable front lug hubs and dually rear wheels, Front and rear 3 link live axle, but the error occures with indipendent suspension and all other axles too.
    Cache cleared several times, many possible related mods deactiveted, but i cant figure out the error.

Standard configs and therefore the safe-mode are not affected by this error, but my custom config uses only standard parts, no mods apart from wheels and tires.

4WD-transfer case not working:
    Powerflow_HeavyDuty_Offroad_notworking.jpg

Same truck, no changes, just a reload, with working 4WD:
    Powerflow_HeavyDuty_Offroad_working.jpg

Vanilla Truck "D35 Beast":
    Powerflow_Standard_TheBeast_working.jpg

2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

First, try changing the wheels and tires to vanilla, and only use vanilla parts. Then also make sure your diff ratios are the same. Also, make sure youre not using the awd transfercase, and remove traction control.
    --- Post updated ---
    ok, did some research, your truck doesn't have front halfshafts installed. Go to front suspension<differential, and equip halfshafts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. B0SS302

B0SS302
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I never expected it to come from the tires.
    But while verifying that clue I discovered that the 10-lug-hubs are not in the vanilla game, instead they come with the Heavy Duty Off-Road Mod, which also contains the weehls and tires that i used. After removing them and quite a few tests i can say that this is the problem, i will contact the mod developer that its mod is sadly outdated.

Since the truck has a front live axle, which usually has intigrated sort-of halfshafts, they come "standard" in BeamNG.

You helped me alot, thanks!

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Youre welcome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice