1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[SOLVED] Missing sirens on Grand Marshal/broken sirens on Roamer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MisterKenneth, Jul 24, 2016.

1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I was working on a new police skin for the Grand Marshal, and noticed that the sirens are gone and I can't find them in the modding area. I didn't check any of the others though, so I don't know if it's just the Marshal or all vehicles that has a siren.

I don't seem to have any mods linking to the Grand Marshal's sirens.

2. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Just to be safe, run it in, well, Safe Mode. It's possible a seemingly unrelated mod is conflicting with the marhsal's siren.

3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Opened it up, looked for safe mode, found nothing. Then again, I got BeamNG.Drive through Steam, and I don't use the x86 version found in the BeamNG.Drive Bin32 folder (the x86 one is the version of the program Steam will launch). I use the x64 version found in the Bin64 folder (got it set up as a desktop shortcut), as the x86 version had weird terrain issues I couldn't stand (well, it had that issue last time I launched it), and the x64 version doesn't have that terrain problem at all.

So, Safe Mode is out of the question. What kind of mod do you propose is doing this? Since you say a mod is doing this, I'll have to find it and delete it. One mod I've deleted already is Synsol's taxi, since it now interferes with the newly released one.

4. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

One thing to note is that the previous version of BeamNG (0.5.6) did not have a siren for the grand marshal police, if i recall correctly. Just to be 100% sure, are you on the latest version? 0.6.0

Also, delete your cache as it could be that the game is "remembering" the police config from the previous version and refusing to update it.

5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I can only use the most recent version, so yes, I am using 0.6.0. Steam doesn't give me the option of using any previous ones.

Actually, I used version 0.5.6 several times, and each time I spawned any Grand Marshal police versions, they always HAD sirens. But that could have just been me. I've noticed that I haven't had some of the issues the team mentioned, such as the unresponsive menu.

The two cache folders I had has been deleted. I also went and checked the Roamer Sheriff. Well. . .
    Oh no.PNG
    *Insert JonTron screaming OH NO! here*

6. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a complete wipe of anything BeamNG and full reinstall is in the works for you. Delete everything from /documents/BeamNG Drive (note: this will delete custom vehicle configs and keybindings, among other various game settings, so back up the folder before deleting if you wish), uninstall the game (right click game in steam and click Delete Local Content), then re-download it.

7. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Before I consider that, I'm going to delete a few mods I think may be responsible.

8. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

If deleting mods works, please reply back with the mods you had installed so other people looking at this (who may have the same issue) will know how to fix it :)

9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Yep, it had to be some mod alright. I renamed the mods and vehicles folders to mods1 and vehicles1. BAM! The sirens on the Grand Marshal reappears, and the Roamer's sirens don't look like messed up.

As for what mod caused it, that will remain a mystery for now. I don't have the power to check over 200 mods. Yes, that's how many mods I have in the mods folder.

So, to anyone out there who is having this issue and sees this, it may be some mod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice