Solved [SOLVED] Nissan Terrano suspension adjustments

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by JNR231, Dec 13, 2021.

1. JNR231

JNR231
    Expand Collapse

Hello all.

On this moment i worked on my Nissan Terrano WD21 mod. Visual part is mostly complete. But jbeam... main problem - suspension. I mostly understand how work jbeam for body and frame parts, but suspension is little bit harder to understand.

If any want to help me with making good working suspension for project or can explain how it work - write me in DM. I have some ideas about how it can work in beamng, but i need help with interpretation this into code.

Link on project thread: https://www.beamng.com/threads/nissan-terrano-wd21-1992-2006.81693/

With best wishes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JNR231

JNR231
    Expand Collapse

Okay, now it have a suspension. Main problem - suspension is mostly broken (don't work how it need), and I don't know how fix this (lack of experience i think).
    Suspension is adapted from Roamer with some edits (removed springs, added torsion bars in front and rear links reworked).

What issues I have on this moment:
    1. Incorrect Toe on F/R axis.
    upload_2022-1-10_22-0-16.png
    2. Steering rack just broke under braking on full Toe
    upload_2022-1-10_22-7-46.png
    3. Unstable front brake work
    upload_2022-1-10_22-8-13.png upload_2022-1-10_22-8-30.png

With best wishes.

3. ModerNoob

ModerNoob
    Expand Collapse

I'm not that experienced but I think you need to make the suspension stiff by making the jbeam beamstrength stronger if that doesn't work idk what will

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

How is that supposed to fix anything here?? I have no idea what is wrong with the suspension but if it's from the Roamer then it probably has all Jbeam values correct already, so it could just be a geometry issue with the new added stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JNR231

JNR231
    Expand Collapse

Just in theory - the original values (BeamSpring and BeamDamp) are correct for the original suspension dimensions (in the case of the Terrano it is much smaller), and with the expectation of using coilovers, but not torsion bars.

UPD. If you want, I can send a car in its current state (in DM).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

You can send but I doubt I will be able to help but I can try

• Like Like x 1
  7. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

I don't know really on how to place the JBeam or positioning the suspension to where it should be/all the visual stuff. But I think I'm pretty good at actually making the suspension parts realistic and act however you want (stiff springs, soft springs, sport springs, off-road springs, ect.) Especially after working on a SUV

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The issues are not related to this, most are because the Jbeam they reused doesn't really work well after modifications that had to be made in terms of geometry, and maybe scratch made Jbeam of frame and suspension will have to be made if this can't be fixed

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dumpling

dumpling
    Expand Collapse

Ok thank you for explaining :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice