Some of you "mod makers"...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by adrian2013, Dec 7, 2017.

1. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

First and foremost, I'm no greatness (or good really lol) at making mods and hardly release them as well if at all or to only a select few. Anyways... some of you guy's here just should stop releasing stuff so quickly (or in general). It's good to try and learn but a good amount of the newest members (together) have released more mods (maybe) then the experienced modders here. I've seen members here with more ratings, mods, like and the such then even the developers and people that been here since 2013/14!!! I don't know I'm just ranting and taking in-directs but heck, if the shoe fits wear it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Speed is irrelevant. The quality of the mod however, is.
    If it's a crappy mod, the community will react that way to it.

You could take well over a year to make one lone crappy mod, or you could take a single month (or less,) and make a high quality showroom style piece of art.

It's up to the drive and the skill of the author in question, not just the time frame.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

@Driv3r1142 I completely agree with you, we've all seen what and how much has been released is such a short time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i already know what happens if i slip one vehicle mod into the public

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

my prasu took about 2 months to make. but its also a mess lol..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

-most of these "mods" are "configurations" or "skins"... mostly done in a few minutes.
    siting down for 20mins to make a skin or config is a little different then working on a actual vehicle, prop or map for weeks/months.

-communication plays a bigger part then content... you can basically get on the "noticable members" page by just spamming and creating threads and groups and shooting pm's around. the more you do that, the more feedback in forms of "likes and message counts" will come around.
    if youre not a very communicative person, you can be a active member since 2013 with well made mods and have 1k likes and a half k messages total.

#6 Ghost187, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
  7. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

@Ghost187 Your right but I mean all these other stretched out mal-made extra parts mods too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Firstly, I was/am one of these modders in question, to some extent at least.
    When I started learning modding, I followed a nice tutorial and made a custom covet with 4wd and stage 3 turbo (there was no real turbo simulation back then). I never uploaded any of it because it was not worth it, no custom mesh or anything. Seeing a mod that is clearly missing something or has a scaled supercharger model slapped on to the engine makes me not want to download it, I expect some quality.
    Not all of my mods have the features you would expect; but I never farmed likes with them or hyped them for what they were not. Recently I asked synsol to remove some of these older and lower quality mods from the repo because I felt they didn't deserve publicity anymore as they didn't represent my current skills.
    Modding beamng is something I enjoy and get better at. It provides some content to my otherwise deadly boring days at home. I don't want to discourage anyone to start modding, but please do yourself and us a favor and upload your mods only when they are worthy. A good indicator of a persons "quality" on these forums is their likes per post ratio.

#8 Taza, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

I mean, about 4 of my mods where done in about 2 hours or less (at least I'm admitting to it..)

But my https://www.beamng.com/resources/muscle-car-pack.3068/ took me 6 days to complete due to the fact of making all the configs and engines. I am in the update of adding tons of cars, so including the 3 (working on my 4th) updates, it's taken me about 2 weeks to make that mod

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice