1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Some Various PC Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cardinal799, May 7, 2014.

1. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

So, I have a question about this whole part upgrade thing. Is there compatibility issues between an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU rather than an NVIDIA one?

I am honestly open-minded with what goes into my computer, so I don't exactly care whether I get one company's product over another.

Also, if I get a different CPU, along with the new mobo if I go from AMD to Intel (I can guarantee that won't exactly happen because expensive CPU is expensive), would there be issues with drivers? If I reformatted my SSD, would that get rid of any issues if I did change parts and in turn getting different drivers?

I know that my GPU is fine for a while (that's what I intended, because the GPU costed as much as the kit I got, which would be $200), so it is really just my CPU that I am gonna upgrade, along with peripherals. With peripherals (I know this is constantly changing topic), would getting a steering wheel be more important compared to getting a new CPU? I plan on getting a G27, and the CPU will be decided when the time comes, and they both will cost about the same, so would it be better to get more control, or getting more FPS for multiple cars (which I do not usually do)?

I also am wondering if a new keyboard is a significant improvement as well to the gaming experience. I have some $20 Logitech Wireless keyboard right now, and I am debating getting some mechanical keyboard (Maybe one of those Corsair K70s), and I am unsure if that is a big improvement for when I am playing. (I am fine with mice for now, because I need to have my accuracy be restricted to my mouse accuracy first XD)

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

No compatibility issues between AMD GPU and Intel CPU or NVidia GPU and AMD CPU. Graphics cards all use a bog standard PCIe x16 interface for communication, anything with PCIe x16 host can communicate with them regardless of what that host is (it doesn't even have to be an x86 processor) as long as it has a driver, the windows drivers for AMD and NVidia cards do not have any optimization for specific Intel/AMD extensions and will always function identically. I myself run AMD CPU with NVidia GPU in my desktop PC.

I've had issues transplanting a boot disk from one machine to another and windows then refusing to boot entirely, I am not entirely sure which hardware change causes it, hard to tell when its literally everything :p If it does boot, the only driver issues if any would be solved by simply updating any drivers.

Peripherals are user choice. I myself love my Cyborg RAT5 yet I have mates that absolutely hate it, same would apply to keyboards.

3. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Reduce your post to bullet points otherwise TL;DR. >:|
    Really though, I didn't read. :p
    About the boot disk issue it is because
    a) usually different chipset (z97 z87 z77 etc)
    b) windows doesn't like different BIOSes because activation codes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice