1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Sound Not Working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by JN0777, Mar 16, 2019.

1. JN0777

JN0777
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I'll admit I haven't played BeamNG since the Italy release back in December, or maybe the first or second hotfix. However, I have the game fully updated, mods disabled and cleared cache but I can still not get sound to work in the game. I can get it to work using my Logitech Headset if I set Windows to use the device and then launch the game. However, if I put it to my speakers (default) which I have always used for BeamNG, I get nothing. Upon further looking in the log file, it appears to be failing to initialize the FMOD device.

1.17292|D|SFXSystem::createDevice|Using default audio device: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
    1.20127|E|SFXFMODDevice::_init|SFXFMODDevice::_init() - SFXFMODDevice::init - failed to init system (Error initializing output device.)
    1.20131|E|SFXSystem::createDevice|SFXSystem::createDevice - failed creating FMOD device 'Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)'
    1.22594|E|SFXFMODDevice::_init|SFXFMODDevice::_init() - SFXFMODDevice::init - failed to init system (Error initializing output device.)
    1.22597|E|SFXSystem::createDevice|SFXSystem::createDevice - failed creating FMOD device 'Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)'
    1.22599|D|SFXSystem::createDevice|SFXSystem::createDevice - created FMOD device 'Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)'

I have tried deleting the settings folder, verifying game files, going into safe mode, clearing the cache and nothing works. I also checked sound mixer and the volume is full on it, but no green bar indicating sound. Also, Automation's sound is not working either. I guess they both use the same type of audio, so probably the same error.

Thanks for your help (hopefully).

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice