Sourcing beam ng mod work/requests? $$$

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by runaboveit, Jan 20, 2022.

1. runaboveit

runaboveit
    Expand Collapse

Hello, there are a few cars I would like converted into beamng that already exist. Where would I find a skilled modeler/mapper I can pay $$$ that can get these in beamng with stock like quality. Its a fun game and I'd really like to get a few random favorites of mine made playable in it.

These are all available of Hum3d:

99-05 Pontiac Grand Am GT

87-96 Chevrolet Beretta

16+ Smart Fortwo Coupe, 453 model

03-07 Accord EX V6 Coupe
    --- Post updated ---

--- Post updated ---

--- Post updated ---

--- Post updated ---

#1 runaboveit, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

If you want stock-like quality, sadly none of those models will do the job. They would have to be made from scratch.
    I'm not a modder but I would imagine the price alone for just one mod would be several hundreds of dollars (if not more even). That is if you're lucky to find someone.

Creating vehicles in BeamNG from scratch to fit stock-like quality is difficult and also very time consuming. That is why you don't see that many actual car mods on BeamNG compared to other games.

You may have better luck getting a model made as a mesh slap. That is by purchasing a model and have it imported the "easy" way to BeamNG. This is how all the Russian sites has many mods. The downside is the crash quality, handling etc is usually pretty bad. However, they can be OK with enough effort put into them but will always be far from native BeamNG vehicles.

This is not to kill your dreams, it's just to give you some perspective.

3. runaboveit

runaboveit
    Expand Collapse

Those models seem more than suitable quality for a game, not sure what you mean?. By beamng quality, I mean shading and textures. Some mod cars look very fake. Theres something thats being done different on the official cars. Then again there are a handful of mods that look like beam models. Guess just depends if you know what all youre doing.

#3 runaboveit, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

You'll see what he meant when you crash it in a wall, there will be spikes everywhere because of how beamng works; it uses the position of the nodes to move the vertices of the model accordingly. But these models are too high poly, which will result in the game engine creating artifact such as spikes. That's why they are not suitable for beamng. Also, there is probably no unibody modeled, no engine, etc. As for paying someone to do that dev-quality, remember that it's a team that made the official cars and it still takes them multiple months to do one. If only one person were to work on this, it'll take YEARS to achive dev-quality.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. runaboveit

runaboveit
    Expand Collapse

The models are offered in different formats including lower poly and game ready according to hum3d. I'm not saying they dont need adjustments, but who can help get the work done?

This model looks bad for example with the headlights and shiny body. I dont want that type of job done is all.

6. runaboveit

runaboveit
    Expand Collapse

The models are offered in different formats including lower poly and game ready according to hum3d. I'm not saying they dont need adjustments, but who can help get the work done? Looking for solutions not road blocks. I dont mean exact underbody components modeled. take them from another car. maybe model the factory engine cover or something at most. as long as the important bits are correct so it drives and wrecks correctly. I was more talking about visually... like this mod looks bad... I dont want that result lol

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If converting models from Hum3D was easy, everyone would be doing it. But like other said, it would take literally YEARS to get them low poly enough to be usable in game. Extremely high poly models like this not only lag the game, but also crash badly, are a pain to convert textures to the game from them (you can't simply reuse the textures as they are in original model), won't have working animated interior, working lights, breakable glass, etc. Trust me, many people tried this, but I don't know a single one that succeeded, other than trash quality Russian mods.

8. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

If you're so smart then good luck buddy.

9. ChickenFeline0

ChickenFeline0
    Expand Collapse

I wish you luck in getting this done, but I don’t think you will be able to get somebody to do it for you. Working with you might be another story, and I might even do it if I didn’t have my own project I was working on, and maybe if this didn’t have a rude/begging tone. Anybody who mods beam usually does it for there own enjoyment. I understand not having the ability to drive a specific car you want in game. I struggled with that until I started making my own mods. Again, good luck, and I hope you get these cars in game.

10. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Hey there! I know this is a kinda old thread but hum3d gets brought up a lot so, I'm a 3d artist who has actually used hum3d for client work before. They are NOT suitable for the game. The price of 90usd for the mesh is a archviz model with polygons sometimes into the millions, No interior, underside, etc. For games like beamng you would need the low poly option with added engine and interior. Price for that normally comes to 1-2 thousand usd as hum3d artists will have to make that for you. So no, hum3d is not an option.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_20220209-135600_Chrome.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I can model those all no problem. But what you don’t understand is that’s like 25% of the job. Still need to create a powertrain, make a knead, do textures, physics, programming, and screw around with it. Car mods take like a year to make

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. runaboveit

runaboveit
    Expand Collapse

Thanks random guy that made this.

Attached Files:

• 459274-screenshot_2022-10-12_14-44-53.jpg
    • 459273-screenshot_2022-10-12_14-43-48.jpg
  13. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

That's extremely far from stock-like quality lmao

14. zachariah.74

zachariah.74
    Expand Collapse

I especially like how every interior panel looks like its coated in a film of mucus. Great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TeaConsumer

TeaConsumer
    Expand Collapse

I love that it has an EQ Fortwo badge on the grille when it's a Forfour.
    Also that rear right window looks really well modelled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. shinchanf1

shinchanf1
    Expand Collapse

Don't expect stock quality from it
    upload_2022-12-25_17-58-4.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice