Square Wheels

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by KamikazeF0X, Feb 13, 2016.

1. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Instead of begging for it try and learn how to do it yourself. If you get stuck someone can assist you. It isn’t that hard to look up tutorials on YouTube for blender. And the wiki shows you how to jbeam.

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I love it when people beg/demand something to be done, and someone else explains to them why it cant happen because it requires skill/experience, then that person says the same thing but its directed to "someone with experience" lol braindead

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

To do this you will have to make a custom wheel setup for your vehicle. Once you do, you will just want to change the number of rays of that wheel down to either 4 or 2 (in old RoR code the nodes on the wheels were paralel, so 4 would work, but I believe that the wheels here are staggered so you would probably need 2 to make a square) and if the game doesn't crash from such a silly idea, presto... square wheels.

If the game does crash, then you need to make your own square wheels and turn them with rotators.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I know I’m responding to a nearly 3 year old thread here, but since it somehow is now relatively active I may as well throw my opinion in.

I’ve actually never understood why the official game doesn’t have square wheels. As linked in the OP, Mythbusters famously had some success doing it on a fullsize truck (*cough* not unlike a D-Series, one of the few vehicles in game in 2012) in an episode that aired around the time the first videos of BeamNG were put on YouTube. For a physics sim, it seems like an obvious “here’s a stupid toy to play with” idea.

5. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

TBH I've always wanted more MB configs and parts in BeamNG. The Ramp-Plow and JATO bus we're good starters and there are still more like backwards Porsche and the OG MB JATO car, as well the little things like square wheels and the "Corvette ramp-car" (of course with Beam's equivalrnts for the cars). Who knows? Maybe it might come. That would be cool though, just saying.

6. Spare Brains

Spare Brains
    Expand Collapse

i can make a model and export it to jbeam but then I have no idea how to implement onto a truck
    the model would just be a square and not have a very wheely texture

7. essej818

essej818
    Expand Collapse

I know this is old but I created square wheels. Look up Conklin wheels in the repository.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sgt1111

sgt1111
    Expand Collapse

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice