WIP Beta released stairway mountain 23 aout 2020

a 10km long road and a dirt track who climb until the summit of a big mountain

1. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

My only request (suggestion) would be that a version be made with broader shoulders and forgiving shortened guardrails at the u-turns. It seems like a lot to ask for though, so it may just be that my driving abilities are not yet refined enough for this track. It'd be nice to have some room to play around when I invariably mess up coming out of a turn.

2. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

The download / mod path is OK right now.
    If the map and scenarios doesn't work, please, erase the db.json into documents/beamng.drive/mods. A new will be created automatically and the mod will work

I go to wait some few days for see if there are not bad reviews/returns/bugs. If all is ok, the status of the map will pass to Release

You should to make more attention at the road signs. I have placed a lot. So, brake when you see one. In more, there are no traitor turns. We see them to come. The road signs are placed a little bit before the turns but this signalisation isn't made to drive at 150km/h. There are walls only when there is a cliff/drop behind. When there are not here, it's that you can easily come back on the road. I didn't planned to put guardrails, I prefered to put walls instead. So well, i don't think that I will change this

3. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough. I should probably stop trying to use the map as something it is not.

4. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Your cows are the best ever made in this map

PS: but still that fps problem when drifting on road

#164 j2305432, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  5. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

I've founded a solution concerning the laggy skid marks. The method is simple. I don't think that it justifies an update

Attached Files:

• remove laggy tire marks.png
    #165 bobby_boulgat, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  6. Francuhh

Francuhh
    Expand Collapse

Awesome map! Currently my favorite, truly tests the durability of the cars. Just wondering if this will be updated in the future. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  7. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

Yeah! I'm happy to see that the tire marks work much better since the last update. She could cause still a little fall of fps , but very few, that keep entirely playable !! hyper cool ;)

otherwise, the decals white lines, on the parking lot, bug a litlle. I will heal them latter

8. blackm

blackm
    Expand Collapse

can u please make an update so that when you skid you dont lag ;)

9. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

maybe, i don't know .... If i find a solution. maybe to divise the roads in small sections. ( so to remade entirely .... )
    For the moment, Blackm, you can always to desactive skid marks. look at the mod description

10. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

hi,
    i thinking to make a update during the holidays, concerning technicals improvement. With the new shape terrain tools, between others, i think to be able to give better frame rate.
    It's why I reput the map in the state of beta. I ask you to not criticize on the fact, please, it's for your good. The goal is to not have to remove skid marks, as i have descriped in the mod overview.

in the details, i have to remove the main road, made with a mesh road. I go to shape the terrain with the new editor tools and put decals. Replace the ramp who descent the stairway cliff by a/several 3d model/s. and convert buildings textures in .dds with mipmap. and use imposters may be. Change the name of the sky for avoid conflits.

• Like Like x 3
  11. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

bobby_boulgat updated The Stairway Mountain with a new update entry:

update of the 29-08-2016

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  12. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Good work. Im glad your keeping this map updated. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. harry hatherell

harry hatherell
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting a down hill rally stage on youtube and I love this map that's what made me want to do that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Review by WhyBeAre:

• Like Like x 3
  15. PolishPetrolhead

PolishPetrolhead
    Expand Collapse

Omg it's alive! I thought it died a long time ago and i will have to live with skid lags for ever. I'm so glad you updated it

• Like Like x 1
  16. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

:) thanks to the terrain shaping new tools. so thanks to the devs
    --- Post updated ---
    otherwhise, there are several scenarios on the map.
    If you want change the vehicle in one of the race/rally scenarios, by exemple, you have just to unzip the map, open the scenar.prefab file concerned with blocknote or something, search "vehicle" , and replace "Jbeam" and "part config" ( and color also) . save the file, and zip the folder like it was.

If never people want to create a all new scenar, i'm alright. Just advertise me. just want to see by curiosity.

• Like Like x 1
  17. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

I can just suggest "getting up" scenario with hill climb special or "getting down" scenario using any car but you cant use brakes

18. bobby_boulgat

bobby_boulgat
    Expand Collapse

otherwhise, there several scenarios on the map.
    If you want change the vehicle in one of the race/rally scenarios, by exemple, you have just to unzip the map, open the scenar.prefab file concerned with blocknote or something, search "vehicle" , and replace "Jbeam" and "part config" ( and color also) . save the file, and zip the folder like it was.

If never people want to create a all new scenar, i'm alright. Just advertise me. just want to see by curiosity. I have to
    go ahead dude, take one of my race scenars, and change the vehicle. the barriers, spectators, waypoints are already placed. but well you can do like you want.
    make a contest of the one who climb or go down the fastest !!! this could be cool !! My best time is 7"33"188 with the pessima race in the downhill scenar (before last update)
    7"43"480 in hillclimb with the same car, i have hit the barriers like a silly at the end ...

After, someone have reclaim an race against the AI. but i would like to concentred me on my other map. ... so.... i think i will not make it

• Like Like x 1
  19. Francuhh

Francuhh
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for keeping it alive! This is still my favorite map in this game :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. harry hatherell

harry hatherell
    Expand Collapse

I made a part two. enjoy

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice