1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

start making the beta

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MajorBen, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I have been in a closed beta, once. Perhaps my good experience of it was down to the nature of what I was testing and how nice the developer team was. It based gameplay on the effects of general relativity, and in regards to physics I am an "anorak". They weren't a big company and they where developing a really small indie game. They lost interest in it when reality got in the way of the lead developer's dreams. Just my point is that its one of those things where your experience is highly circumstantial, and you probably do need the high interest in the niche.

#21 Hati, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

To be completely honest, threads like this make me sick. A beta will be released when it's good and damn ready. Now how many more ignorant people are going to start a thread about this. How about some useful information for a change?

3. T.D.S guy

T.D.S guy
    Expand Collapse

id love to see this turned into a large banner and plastered at the top of every forum page, but it likely wont help. for as long as new members join and the expectation of a free game/beta remains, threads like this will continue. all things considered, this forum isn't too bad compared to some of the behavior on the RoR forums.

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

True, the first results for beamng on google are beamNG, BeamNG demo, beamNG download, and beamNG free. In that order. I need a barfing icon for this.

5. djmengu

djmengu
    Expand Collapse

12 hours a day is a very huge working time, days months passed quickly ... why nothing interesting happens. How often should i visit this forum to see something interesting ;)

6. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

EVERY DAY....... jk. How important is this to you? I try to check whenever I am on my pc, mainly because I get emails from the forum when someone posts in a thread I had previously posted in.

7. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

It may seem like such a large window but realistically speaking it really isn't that unheard of before. Even though they have been pulling so many man hours there is still a lot of work to do and they continue to work on it. Lack of updates is due to their time being spent coding or modeling. Depending on the state of the game, I think it might be time to start looking into community managers. ;)

8. conan_murder

conan_murder
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Tdev have to show these people the actual coding he done, maybe people will stop asking for updates.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Some of the team have been busy with real life stuff the past few months, so progress is much slower :(

10. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad you guys are taking some time off. I mean 12 hour days nearly every day? That would suck honestly. Hopefully this real life stuff that's happening is fun and not bad events or something.

11. xzbobzx

xzbobzx
    Expand Collapse

Massive respect for working 12 hours a day, that's seriously insane.

12. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

You're still the best, and you don't have to do anything to be it! [/suckingup] But seriously, what you have done, is amazing, and I understand you don't want to do a EA and release something that's unfinished but give the rest as a paid DLC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice