1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW error when spawning AI

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Modtester~2000000?, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Modtester~2000000?

Modtester~2000000?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay, so after the newest update that came to BeamNG, (the one which included the Scintilla), I have been having big problems running the game: so when i open the game it first looks like everything is working fine, but when I have on map running and I try spawning some traffic (less than 5 cars), I run into this error and commonly the whole PC crashes and I have to hard-reboot the computer. This also happens when I'm loading a second map without restarting the game between. I've tried safe mode and the file hasher or whatever it's called, but with no results.

But here's my PC's specs:

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0115no

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
    RAM: 8Gb
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
    Internal SSD: 256Gb (currently only 4Gb free space!)

Thank you for your help!

Best regards: Elmer from Helsinki, Finland

Attached Files:

• ERROR.jpg
  2. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  3. Modtester~2000000?

Modtester~2000000?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay, thanks! I will do it today, when I get access to my PC.
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay so here's my support ID: 133250. P.S. In the instructions it stood that I should replicate the error and then close the game, but the game crashed the whole PC before I'd have time to exit. Hopefully that's not a problem.

4. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

This issue could be cause by your antivirus or mods.

Please check this article and make sure that it doesn't block the game by mistake: https://documentation.beamng.com/support/troubleshooting/incompatible_software/

If the issue persists, please follow these steps:
    - Open your Userfolder (Launcher → Manage User Folder → Open in Explorer)
    - Navigate one level up and find the folder with the latest version of the game
    - Create a backup of this folder by renaming it, for example, `0.25 backup`
    - Launch the game

5. Modtester~2000000?

Modtester~2000000?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay, I don’t think it’s my antivirus, but I think I got the problem solved by doing this:

First of all, I reinstalled the game. Then I deep cleared the cache and launched the game. The first thing I did in the game was that I deactivated (and deleted) all mods. Then I re-launched the game with Windows Task Manager running in the background. I chose a hard map to load (Italy) to test if the game could handle such a big file without crashing and showing the memory error. Task Manager showed that the game used 99% of the RAM, so I thought the game would crash, but HOORAY, it didn’t! After the game loaded my car (the D15), the memory was still running at 99%, so I was already a bit disappointed, but after I’d been driving for a while, the memory usage suddenly dropped to 5.6 Gb or something there around. Then I tried to spawn some AI, and it WORKED! I couldn’t believe this so i tried it again, and still working. Tomorrow I’m gonna test changing to another map without closing the game between, and see if it’s still working.

I’m actually pretty surprised by the fact that I managed to repair the crash problem myself before getting any advice from the BeamNG team (but okay, I got some advice from Fluffy Panda, but only that I should send my support ID;)).

BUT ANYWAYS, I’M GLAD THAT THE GAME IS WORKING AGAIN AND I WANT TO THANK YOU, FLUFFY PANDA FOR SHOWING INTEREST FOR GETTING MY GAME TO WORK AGAIN. THANK YOU!

And then some warm greetings from the summertime Helsinki, Finland.

Elmer S. 12 (soon 13) years old

:):eek:

6. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

You messed up, you must be at least 16 to be on the forums
    At least your issue is fixed, and once you're 16 you'll be able to reaccess your account

7. Modtester~2000000?

Modtester~2000000?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

So as soon as we stop talking about my problem, some random people get into this thread and start talking about some completely off-topic things. I have been waiting for help several days, but it looks like the only thing peaple are intrested in here, is complaining about problems instead of trying to help (I’m not talking about Fluffy Panda now)! Very irritating…
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, sorry for the irritated tone in the message I just sended. Guess if I read the rules before joining? :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice