1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Steam - lot of free space needed during update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Bzucko, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Bzucko

Bzucko
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I noticed that even 90MB small update needs 17.4GB free space (in \Steam\steamapps\downloading folder). If I am correct each update is rebuilding all zip files the update is related to? Can be the update process somehow done partially without so high free space requirements?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The game's full installation is around 18GB currently.
    The Steam download itself can be smaller as that download is compressed and usually contains only the files that changed.
    But requiring double the space of the entire game does not seem correct to me, you should report/ask that to the Steam support.

3. Bzucko

Bzucko
    Expand Collapse

After some research and contacting beamng discord support it was double the space. For now solved and I created request in ideas and suggestion category.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice