Just picked up Episodes From Liberty City, which is just as well as I have played GTA IV to death on my Xbox. Hopefully the PC port's are not as bad as they say!
If you have a decent PC and an xbox controller to plug in you will have lots of fun. There are also tons of awesome mods.
GTA4 is awesome for the PC, you can mod anything in! I played it a while ago, at first I was amazed but after a while it became REALLY DULL, I just couldn't bare it and stopped playing. I really hate how it takes 5 minutes to go from UK to Germany etc., how cities are 1x1km; or less, and how they haven't evolved the game at all since about 2005.
Well there is a new patch coming out soon (already out for non steam users) and there are also a lot of mods such as the Romania one. I like the game for the fact that i can sit down and listen to some really awesome internet radio while concentrating on driving at the same time. Its kinda therapeutic , until some bastard cuts you up and slams on the breaks making you crash into the back of them. I really wish they would add multiplayer in a similar vein to test drive unlimited's multiplayer. I think it is a little unfair to say it hasn't evolved since the original euro truck sim though. Something else they could improve on is making the UK look more like the UK, the terrain around the roads looks more like France and the lay of the land isnt even close to correct.
To me it's just like 18WoS Haulin but with slighty improved visuals. If they added multiplayer, that would infact be great. Atleast something else other than the AI drivers. But until they really make the world look like the real one, I'll probably pass. (I'm not talking about millimeter terrain precision, but the general feel)