1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Storyline for BeamNG (Thoughts?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benook, Nov 8, 2020.

1. FrameKixrr

FrameKixrr
    Expand Collapse

Why so negative? its a fun little jab at making some backstory for an otherwise non backstory game, its clear you dont have an imagination or for that matter a very imaginative one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I would imagine he doesn’t have a very imaginative imagination. Just imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Oh no... Please no...

4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Disagreeing with something has nothing to do with being negative, or not having an imagination. I think that's a very bad argument.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Imagination alone is not enough to come up with a good plot, and here you can see why, even with the explanations it still makes zero sense. Like I get that it's just a "fun little thing" but it's more of a conspiracy theory than an actual backstory.
    Literally none of this makes sense. How fast was the building built that nobody noticed the process of building it and everyone only noticed it when it was already built? Why would everyone in the city care about a random company for no reason? When did they have time to transport all the cars inside? How did they get official permission to crash test them? Why were there dead bodies if people die on the other side of the teleporters, do they bring dead bodies back to the office? Why did the police not start an investigation? Why did the thieves break in if all they heard was machinery? How would they even steal any machines that are mounted on the floor? How does the machine that kill them not kill the normal workers too? How did they make these ridiculous turbochargers? How did they get the money for this and everything else? Did they have debts? How did they become the 2nd most valuable company so quickly? Did they use the money to pay the debts? Why would they need so many locations if all they do is produce weird turbochargers and crash cars? Why would Jack leak the freaking world domination plans on Reddit instead of calling the FBI? Why would the assasin worry about burying the body if they could just keep it with all the rest of dead bodies? And then it's all so much nonsense I'm gonna stop asking these questions. You know, imagination is cool, but to make a good story you need to make it seem believable which this isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Critic

The Critic
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

4A7D1D1A-4697-4FDB-8652-54A994D82E66.jpeg
    IMO, a softbody physics game doesn’t need a storyline. Nor does it need pointless fan fiction

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I disagree. Some people really want career mode which probably has a storyline in it. And fan fictions might not be needed but still they are good to have IF WRITTEN WELL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Critic

The Critic
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Well yes, career mode needs a storyline, but this is just way too, how do I put this, Movie-Like. The fan fictions aren’t needed, but some people like writing them so I won’t complain too much. Other than that, the regular sandbox mode we love today should remain untouched, and the devs should put the storyline in career mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Benook

Benook
    Expand Collapse

Do you not understand the point of a Fan-made Backstory? its supposed to be crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I agree. It's just a story and people go like "Uh career mode" and "Ah soft body physics"...
    Yes hard simulation is most important to me too but 'off topic' is just a part of the forums and an additional game experience.
    For instance "BeamNG Inaugural Cinematic Clip Contest" was an official BeamNG event. And
    Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork teem with fictional and off topic stuff. Maybe you should tell a story about a society that's 'programmed to disapprove'. :p

11. The Critic

The Critic
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Not all backstories are crazy, and I don’t think Tdev has plans to try and take over the world with his game.
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly, if you change some of the words, you have a spy script on your hands, seems like something you’d see in a Jame Bond Movie, or worse, a Fast And Furious Movie

12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes:
    Agre. Also how tf did this dude get banned in the previous 2 hours.

13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

He was too critical (pun intended)

14. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

damn:(

15. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

ALT account.

16. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

probably yolobet lmao

17. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

defiinitely not yolobet, he would have showed off his unfinished mods by now
    i have an idea of who it is, but i'd rather take it to dm's because i don't want to clutter the thread with this

18. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

please do I wanna know

19. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I've dm'd you about it

20. FrameKixrr

FrameKixrr
    Expand Collapse

I give up, people are actually overanalysing a bit of a fun backstory that he probably made in a creative spur moment. I don't get why people are so serious? A backstory don't have to be perfectly aligned with reality and yet here we have people writing nearly as much as OP just to criticise it.
    --- Post updated ---
    His choice words seem very negative mate that's all.
    --- Post updated ---
    Look how much you wrote mate. Why so many questions?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice