Solved Strange Map Creation Problem with Textures

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Birkenspanner, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Birkenspanner

Birkenspanner
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,
    Recently I ran into a problem regarding ground-textures in the map editor.

I was trying to import some textures and also trying to edit the materials.cs file to fix the file paths if necessary, but then I just got some weird gliches and wrong and/or messed up textures, so that I had to load up my backup folder again. Also, when I select a material in the terrain materials editor the preview doesn't show up (it is just white) and when I paint that material to the ground it's just pitch black.

Here some (more or less helpful) pictures:
    I selected all the needed textures manually:

But when I painted it, it was pitch black:

Here is the file and I thought I had done everything right:

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

2. LuisAntonRebollo

LuisAntonRebollo
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

When you found something is not working or looks broken is always a good idea to check text console for errors.

Go to Options -> Gameplay -> Enable advanced functions ON

The key to open the console is diferent on each keyboard layout, but you can go to Controls -> Bindings (mark List advanced bindings too) -> General debug -> Toggle System Console

In the screenshot with your material file, i can see a local path for the texture. This type of path are not valid in our game, you need to use a relative path in the filesystem.

Check how other materials paths start with "art/" or "levels/", you need to remove "C:/Users/yourName/Documents/BeamNG.drive/"

The game filesystem can only read from paths in the game or in the user cache folder.

#2 LuisAntonRebollo, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  3. Birkenspanner

Birkenspanner
    Expand Collapse

Ok I'm gonna try it, thanks :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice