Outdated Strato HMX 920 - Aerobatic Aircraft 3.0

Aerobatic flying at its best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silly4you

Silly4you
    Expand Collapse

Re: Aerobatic Aircraft (Name Pending)

Keep up the good work , and release it when you're ready to :)

2. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

How is the progress with this so far?.

#82 BaronRedStorm, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  3. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately a lot slower than I would like to. Because of studies and other projects I end up with little time for this :(, so it has not progressed that much in the last weeks.

4. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

dont worry be happy :D

5. MarkusPersson

MarkusPersson
    Expand Collapse

0_0 EPIC...
    I've been waiting for this :)
    I love airshows/stunt planes

- - - Updated - - -

Are knife edges possible or flat spins? Also a knife edge is when you are at a 45 degree angle while doing a knife and maintaining altitude. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCFvXjae8I

- - - Updated - - -

Also if you watch further into the video he does a barrel roll that is like a flat spin. Is that also possible? lol sorry for so many questions

6. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG aerodynamics are kind of limited atm, so planes don't always react as they would in real life, though a knife edge as you describe it could be done with some practice in this plane :p. But I'm afraid flat spins are not possible, at least not yet.

7. GabrielFarre

GabrielFarre
    Expand Collapse

Did you are close to finish it?? Of not

8. B25Mitch

B25Mitch
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Designer
    BeamNG Team

(imported from here)

Please a.) read the forum rules, and b.) stop spamming the dev threads. Carlos updates us regularly and that same question was answered just four posts above you.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I am confused by this one. There is no European language that is structured that way. I wonder how he managed it.

anyway OT:

Have to say, little stuntplane should be cool. Will you be making it similar to B25's here so we can snap wings and control surfaces off if we screw up? :p

10. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

That already happens :), if you pull too many Gs, while/or you go too fast, the wings or other surfaces can rip off, though it still needs major tweaking.

11. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

I'm excited for this. May I recommend you keep the fancy smoke?

BTW, what map is that in the last picture and will you make it work with experimental?

#91 D7er5eer, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  12. Oscer7

Oscer7
    Expand Collapse

Looks pretty cool. It just needs the decals if it would be a type of stunt plane. Like Red Bull or something. They always sponsor crazy stunts. This does give you wings it's a plane.

13. Warqer

Warqer
    Expand Collapse

I know it's unfinished can we PLEASE have a download?

14. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

The problem with the smoke is that atm for it to work it is required to modify some game system files, unless I find any other method, I'm afraid the smoke won't be included (at least not by default).

It works in experimental, and the bridge picture is taken in East Coast USA (sorry I'm replying a week late).

Definitely not, it is not even worth a beta release.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I thought it would be nice to post some progress info.

There hasn't been too much progress on the plane as I haven't got that much time, and the one I had, I spent it on working on an airport map. But that doesn't keep that some work has went into the aircraft, though they are under-the-hood changes.

Watch the video to see the plane + the map together. Enjoy it :p. (Excuse the rocket like-sounds and the lag at some points)

That has to be one of the worse landings I've done in a long time :p.

I know I should't be posting this video, as it would urge some members to ask over again for a download link and beta releases, as it might look like everything is already pretty much finished, but it isn't. But I felt like I needed to update you guys a little bit with what's going on.
    Being honest, the plane already flies great and it's extremely fun to fly. But. JBeam still requires extensive work, atm it crashes, deforms and breaks worse than what you know as Russian mods. So I don't think it deserves being on the forums, well, the forums don't deserve having such a low quality crashing vehicle :p.

Texturing still needs to be done, as it would bring a lot of realism to the aircraft, currently it looks pretty much like a toy plane :). And many other smaller things to work on.

Don't expect any release any time soon. Unfortunately, I'm able to work on these BeamNG mods only a short time every week. So progress is going slow. I would spend hours each day if I could.

Regarding the map, pretty much the same, still WIP, and pretty far from what I have in mind will the map look like. It is a 20 km[SUP]2 [/SUP]map (iirc), so quite a lot can be added even after the airport area is finished (wich won't be soon).

#94 CarlosAir, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  15. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

I am salivating. Quit your job/school and work on plane lel

16. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Trust me I would. ;) But it wouldn't be a good idea. ;) ;)

17. MakKerbal

MakKerbal
    Expand Collapse

Nice looking stunt plane, will it work with the colour selected in beamng?
    Also, because I can't find any other threads, do you have an eta for the airport map, I need somwhere to fly the b25, cessna and eventually this.

18. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Indeed. It already works. If you look in the first original post here, there's a video where the plane is red, and there are some pictures where the plane is yellow, and in the video I posted yesterday it is blue. So... Yeah.

About the airport map, I definitely don't have an Eta, sorry.

19. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Neat projects Carlos, loving the attention to detail.

I have a few questions though.

1.) Are your V-Speeds (Vne, Vno, Vs0, etc. etc. etc.) based on the airplane's in-game performance, or are they more for aesthetics?

2.) I noticed the airport was missing hold-short lines on the taxiways, will that be changed?

Kinda nit-picky, I know, I was kind of looking for an excuse to give this thread momentum.

20. CarlosAir

CarlosAir
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the interest :) .

1.) The V-speeds reflected in the Asi are the numbers taken from real similar planes. Now, I'm still working on making the actual plane behave as it should according to that. But, for the most part, it already happens, though it's by no means 100% accurate, and still needs tweaking.
    But, atm, your wings start to break if you do extreme manoeuvres after Vno, let alone Vne :p . And I would say that the Vs0 is also pretty close. And that also happens with the G-Meter, it has red markings, that when exceeded, bad things can happen :p.

2.) The airport map is still very early Wip, so tons of "airport stuff" is still missing. Hold-short lines and many other markings will be added eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice