Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Brett, Aug 6, 2013.
My first two renders:
Full-size renders (5120x2160) can be found on my imgur album
...so much has been done since my last post.
--- Post updated ---
The ''blueprint'' isn't a 100% correct, but it's there get the idea of the size of the car.
How do you make those? Create a heightmap and use it as a displacement texture, then use the texture painter to color it?
There was an old tutorial, but it's gone.
You can find it archived here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306015257/http://henri-hebeisen.com/article14/abstract-landscape
I do my free-time modeling in Sketchup 8, primarily brass musical instruments. Some of them are my own design, some are modifications to existing makes/models.
Among the most complex are the ones I've pictured here, including a 4-valve compensating compact bass trombone, a euphonium with a square bell, an entire family of upright valve trombones (oldest-newest left to right), a 5-valve compensating euphonium with an extra trombone bell for sound effects, a bass trombone with dependent piston valves, and a slide baritone.
I have many, many more... something in the ballpark of 175 unique instrument models I've made over the past 4 years or so.
Here are the blueprints with the proper measurements.
Diddling on 3ds maximus.
its a 2003 evo
New Project, about 30% done at this point
Gen 1 September 18th:
Gen 2 December 6th:
(Iron, Silver, Gold, Copper, the background is Titanium)
First Post-processing I've done myself, made the objects a bit more metallic, changed some lighting options, and added subdivision surface to the triangles. Personally, copper is my favorite. Stay tuned for more colors!
I was gonna do dis but game limitations with the D-series stopped me.
Test for post-processing, wanted to turn a flat, horrible render into a niceish-looking one. I think i did alright.
Messing around with some displacements, pretty nice results.
I'm going to try and contain my posts a little more, as I'm kind of clogging the thread. Anyways, I'm working on creating an ETK I-Series render that uses the .dds files, making look actually good. That and I can render it in 2.78, with my GPU. Progress as far, though please ignore the lighting. It's only a placeholder.
Spoiler: Initial Import/Setup
Spoiler: Texturing: Glass and Engine
Spoiler: Texturing: Interior, Lettering, and Lights
Spoiler: Texturing: Normals and Dashboard
Spoiler: Texturing: Normals, Specularity, Texture Mapping Fixes, and Mirrors
Spoiler: Lighting and Texturing: Replacing the Area Lamps and Adding more Textures
Spoiler: Final: Texture Fixes, Camera Placements, and Lighting
Full 1024x1024 or 1920x1080, because I used my GPU finally
Maybe I'll import the garage and just take wallpapers there, because it's like BeamNG.drive with better graphics (extremely simplified answer, of course).
It looks like crap Right now, but it will get better
Wip model, My first model that is actually turning out decent!
I kind of abbandoned the EVO model, to complex for me =\
Guess the car!
--- Post updated ---
More fender work done in like 10 min
Nothing much, pretty poopy