1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

[Subject to Close] The download section looks nothing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mika2012, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

I post here to say that I'm sick to go to the download section to find that crap posted by anyone on things that are not downloadable or not finished.
    There's even a topic on the inputs of a wheel ... what it did in the downloads??
    There are only cadillac download. So it should only have it in this section.
    It is crazy in your project! if you want a car, make and put it in the section. Otherwise prevent yourself from posting your shit.

#1 Mika2012, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Re: The download section looks nothing

Wow. Just wow. Is that how you felt for the year they were developing this game before it was released? Would you rather have progress updates to build hype or nothing at all so when it comes out nobody notices? Also, showing the workflow here is an important part of demonstrating that something is your creation, and you haven't stolen somebody else's mesh or N/B. Theft is taken very seriously around here, so being able to prove something is yours is very important. Also, it is called "Community Showroom", not "Community Downloads Section". Which means that even if something isn't finished, or is finished and the author does not wish to provide a download link, then it is fully within his/her rights to post there.

#2 pulley999, Aug 22, 2013
  3. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Haha, shut your pie hole.

Invest time and make your own content if you want "MOAR CARZ" so desperately.

Don't procreate, for the love of god.

4. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

"Don't procreate, for the love of god."
    I love your spread.

What has that shit on the progress of the project?

I did not want to do the content, and if ever I recovered a Blender, I'll post my creation when finished.

If the content author does not want to share his creation he does not speak, his life does not interest us.

It's really smart to "look what I did, what I'm doing ... but it has nothing to do with the game .." or "Look I just finished my car, I'll watch but I share it ..."
    Sorry but I do not called that a community...

Look what write below Showroom: Post your creations...
    Not your project...

Anyway, I'm free to think.
    And I think it has no place here. that's all.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You know, people like me made WIP threads to get feedback while working on something.
    There are thread prefixes for a reason (WIP, RELEASED).

6. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

Oh dear. If your not happy with the Modded content that people make in there own time I suggest you go and do the following as this is how far most of the projects are in the showroom:

1. Learn To use Blender or purchase 3DS MAX | Price: $200 | Time: at least a year to get good enough to present a game worthy model.
    2. Purchase, Prepare and set up proper Blueprints for the vehicle | Price: $10 | Time: 1+ hour
    3. Model a vehichle | Price: Free | Time: depending on model quality 2-3 months
    4. Learn the incredibly complex J-Beam Codeing required to get it ingame. | Price: $10 for the game | Time: To fully understand it and familiarise yourself with it with no prior coding experience 5 months +
    6. Texture and UVW map the model | Price: Free | Time: A Lot of very boring work
    7. Test the model and get it working well in-game | Price: Free | Time: 2-3 weeks testing + bugfixing
    8. Release the model and car after spending a lot of money and at least a year creating and readying it for game.

If you could do any of that in the fortnight beam-NG has been released for be my guest. Otherwise stop complaining and Preferably Leave.

Rob

P.S. If you think that the models posted are "crap" i suggest you look again. Anyone would mistake this forum for a modelling website the quality is so high.

#6 Fundador, Aug 22, 2013
  7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

The game has only been out for two or three weeks.. Plus they are working on a sort of repository system like there is on the RoR site.

8. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Once again, It's a SHOWROOM, Not a downloads section. Sony and Microsoft showed off their creations at the E3 Showroom this year, the PS4 and XB1, respectively, open for all to see. Could you take one home from the showroom with you? NO.
    Just because a sample is being displayed doesn't imply that it is either finished or available.

9. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

Ok .. I see that it is not worth talking with you.

Just for your information, I do things 100 times more complex than using Blender, which I used for 5 years, so do not make me a lesson on what is hard or not. It does not take 2-3 months to get a car on blender ...
    A month lost time is sufficient.

This discution closed. Stay close to your world or only your opinion counts. I'll go break the car it will be more constructive to discuss with you.

On another day ...

Please, close this thread.

10. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

If you're so annoyed at the progress of mods then try doing it yourself. It's more work than you could ever imagine, I'm sure.

11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Just ban the troll please.

12. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

I want a complete car made in 5 minutes, or I'm going to attempt to speak english!

13. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

Look what he can do the troll:
    (imported from here)

Not to bad...and this not take more than a month...

One extreme to another, I never say 5 minutes ... but the place has a month ...

14. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

You know the engine, interior, suspension, chassis, jbeam etc don't create themselves, right?

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Ti thread is going nowhere.

16. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

It surely does not take one month.

But, knowing that I do not intend to implement it in game, I do not care.

17. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

No, it takes much longer.

18. Mika2012

Mika2012
    Expand Collapse

Ok .. I surrender. Everyone right and I'm wrong.
    To make a car it takes 6 months. Here you happy?

I leave you on this. Have fun.

19. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Kthxbai...

20. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

While you did not help yourself with the flaming in the very first Post, how can nearly all of you fail so hard to interpret what he was trying to say?
    His only point was that Unfinished Content is mixed up with finished Content, even if that is obviously a Showroom and not a pure Download Section, which makes his point irrelevant,
    90 percent of you did not even succeed in understanding his Point but still instantly started to rant at him to start his own Car Project... like wat?
    Please close this mess of Fails, before it comes even more offten to the new Posts Page.

Me'se has New Posts Button addictionski!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice