Suggestion: Door lock improvments

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by gergy008, Jun 5, 2014.

1. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

At 18mph the doors shouldn't just pop open...

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Explore the Vehicle files very carefully and you shall be rewarded.

3. Happyfaller23

Happyfaller23
    Expand Collapse

I remember i was in a frontal crash once when i was small, going maybe about 20-25 mph and the doors stayed intact.
    Though the Covet is cheap and unsafe Japanese car.

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

...OK, first of all, relax...

second of all, erm, hate to burst your bubble, but car doors are supposed to NOT open, even after a 40MPH crash, check out some crash videos. 18 mph will NOT pop doors open, unless it was perhaps a French or Russian car. (that bit was a joke).

How do you know I never crashed at 18 mph? quite a bold statement, answering yourself too. jeez back up son!

- - - Updated - - -

---ninjad hours later***---

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I should have know, that LOGOSTER has to have a snotty, quick-to-pop-off answer. You aren't a moderator or a developer, and you never really seem to know shit. Doors don't pop open at 18 mph. stop it tough guy :rolleyes:

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

You have to take everything logoster says with like.. a pillar of salt...

Because if you had the doors wouldn't have opened

30mph flat on crash, doors are fine...

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00161.png
    • screenshot_00162.png
  6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

that's a GM, not the covet. its like the doors on the covet are held closed by a rubber band and a piece of gum.

and I know, that's why I said at 18mph the doors shouldn't pop open. I have been in 2 accidents IRL and one was over 40 mph and the other was at 20 mph, both instances, the doors remained closed...kinda like how a car door is supposed to act in a car crash. So things don't go flying out, ie. limbs, heads, boxes of tissues, etc. maybe I can just find the values in the Hatch jbeam and compare them to the Gm, since as you demonstrated, the doors are much sturdier in that car. thanks for pointing that out (I pretty much drive the Covet about, oh, 97% of the time, Never drove the GM or the Moonhawk lol)

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

the covet is a horrible japanese hatchbach, what do you expect?

8. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Your kidding, right? Those are the best cars in the game! (IMO)

9. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

nope, never drove em. love the covet, smooth FPS and great handling (really, the GM can suck it, the most horrid handling evar) and the moonhawk is WAY laggy. Tried it once, and didn't even drive the damn thing cuz I noticed the camera instantly was laggy and choppy.

10. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

If you've never driven it, how would you know the handling sucks and it's laggy?

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of the Moonhawk, the camera spins around it like it's a T75 or something sometimes. It's very odd

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@DummiesMan how do you know how the t75 camera spins around?!?!?!?!?

13. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

regarding the moonhawk...I drove the GM back when I first played the game, I think once, never drov eit again. so its almost like I never drove it. wobbles, ice-made tires, and just big and heavy...and it reminds me of my shitty old Buick. God I HATED that car!!

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

@Shome then maybe try the GM again (while not as big a difference as the pre-race update is supposedly going to make, there were some tire model changes which did help)? or stop trying to drive a big boaty RWD car from the 80's (or 90's, one of the two) on a keyboard

15. Happyfaller23

Happyfaller23
    Expand Collapse

The car is boaty on both control setups.
    But that's the way it's supposed to be, maybe it will be improved when the Race Update gets released.

16. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

The car IS a boat, that's why it CONTROLS like a boat...you know, like a real car would handle in a..lets say, a SOFT BODY PHYSICS AUTOMOBILE SIMULATOR. This ain't
    an arcade game damnit.:p

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i realize this, it's a full size sedan from the 80's (possibly 90's) it's going to be boaty no matter what, my point was itll be easier to control on say, a steering wheel, or 360 controller (and before you go on on how a steering wheel cost's hundreds of $, even a cheap wheel will make it easier)

18. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

i use a ONE controller not the keyboard...only use the keyboard at work at my desk, simply because using a black XBOX controller at my desk will most likely result in me getting fired or in twubble.

19. gergy008

gergy008
    Expand Collapse

This suddenly became a more interesting thread.

However I didn't think about the latches on the door breaking when the door opens, I assumed they would stay intact enough for them to close again. Hmmm.

20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if slidenodes could make a door latch act realistically.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice