WIP Beta released Sunburst Parts 0.1

More motors and Drifting parts

1. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

New Update is waiting aproval, the jz motor has been added since the last small update, big jbeam update coming soon

Heres the zip for the latest version so you dont have to wait

Attached Files:

2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

So uhm... did you fix the coupe deciding to catch on fire when V8 swapped?

3. Kuthlive

Kuthlive
    Expand Collapse

no. he decided to focus more work on getting crap done on the sunburst before he does any more cars. The coupe has been removed completely in the last update.

4. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Oh oof okeh then

5. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

Yeah mate I'll do my best to get around to it but it's not a priority, the new jbeam should be coming soon when I've fixed the issues with it
    But feel free to change the code and model and make it work in the 200bx or anyother car

6. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Lol the most code i can do is make google say d*ck

7. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

OK so brakes are fixed, added a hydro with the center control panel that moves when used, fixed fuel tank thinking its in original position added new front and rear lips,added vented bonnet, Added rollcage padding to drift cage, added intake scope headlight, fixed cosision issues,added some drift front fenders (cut and extended towards the bottom fixed naming errors and some other boring stuff

Next step is to texture the lips, add the side skirts to match and look into wheels and steering wheels and fix Bugs.......
    upload_2018-1-26_16-3-29.png
    upload_2018-1-26_16-4-26.png
    upload_2018-1-26_16-4-47.png
    upload_2018-1-26_16-5-8.png
    upload_2018-1-26_16-5-29.png

Attached Files:

• upload_2018-1-26_16-0-24.png
  8. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

Another update
    Added two type of front wheels
    Added new steering rack and front suspension for more adjstablilty
    New roof (open sunroof and roof wing)
    fixed Front and rear lips
    fixed a jbeam error with ls3
    upload_2018-1-26_20-11-49.png
    upload_2018-1-26_20-12-13.png
    upload_2018-1-26_20-16-59.png
    | upload_2018-1-26_20-17-47.png
    upload_2018-1-26_21-0-4.png
    upload_2018-1-26_21-0-26.png
    If someone could look over the mod and look for bugs it would be mint heres the latest version

new rims are a bit dogy but they are the first ones ive made for this game

Attached Files:

#48 Fatkiwi, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  9. Kuthlive

Kuthlive
    Expand Collapse

DUDE! This is awesome. you are just pumping out the updates. i'll have to give this update a try.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok. So i have some bugs to report with the latest update. The 1.8 CA I4 engine is invisible (does not appear in the engine bay), the inline 6s both backfire out the downpipes with the exhaust on, the 3.0l (the 2jz style one) I6 has the worst torque curve i've ever seen. once it gets to 6000 RPM the power drops off, which is normal for a turbo car, but not this dramatically. Once it hits redline the engine is at 0hp and 0 torque. Also the stunt roll cage still has the problem where the harness bar melts. The brakes are ok, they just get a bit spikey when you turn the steering wheel. Everything else that i tested is pretty good. The coilovers and front suspension make the car handle like a dream.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Reason being he should of copied also turbo charger and not torque curve alone I believe, but haven't checked, also curve I made is not ready yet, just something I offered him as a base, but see what you think from dyno data.

Attached is curve which it should match with correct turbo, also sales brochure like smooth curve.

2jz-gte_torque_curve_dyno_stock.png 2jz-gte_torque_curve_official.png

If you look at the dyno curve you can see line stops before reaching 6300rpm, but we can estimate where power would be at 6300rpm, that should be around 155kW or 208hp I believe, in game you have 196hp so yeah, that is bit too little, all that 12hp :)
    upload_2018-1-26_18-51-44.png

Sure, torque curve does need tuning, but worse ever? I think it is much closer to real world dyno data than most torque curves you have seen in game, which are really smooth like in sales brochures, which is not how real torque curves are.

Turbo that goes with that 2jz motor is there, it has max rpm of 6500 which I found being mentioned for 2jz by guys who own such thing IRL, but I don't know if they came with different limiters:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/2jz-swap-thats-actually-good.51201/#post-781266

So now you have data to decide if it is worst ever or something else :D

Attached Files:

• 2jz-gte_torque_curve_official.png
  11. Kuthlive

Kuthlive
    Expand Collapse

i meant worse ever in the fact that at redline it makes nearly no power and torque.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

At redline it seems I need to add 40hp to it, but redline is 6500, fatkiwi's file seems to have redline at 7800rpm with twin turbo so that is quite far off. He works hard on updates, so I guess he changes that too if he aims for realism.

Even Stage 3 dyno curve I have ends to 7500rpm, so 7800rpm for stock is way too much and with high shift up of 6700rpm that is obviously not going to work, but I'm sure he fixes those issues.

I just would need to get motivation to fix that upper end of the curve to match data, also efficiency, fuel consumption etc. so he could put updated version in.

13. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

Cheers for all the feedback
    Exhausts are still broken as normal, talking to the devs about it now
    Brakes that distort i have no clue also asking about that
    rollcage , just have to change the jbeam , keep getting sidetracked tho aha
    1.8L , now this is the killer had a power outage and it ruined my master file, and bits got removed out of it such as seats and other parts, so now im trying to catch back up

Now torque Curves......
    do we want realism or fun...
    i havent been doing much with the torque curves at this point obviously but depending on what you guys want ill attempt to change it to suit either relisim or just straight up power skidding fun

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Realism = fun, personally I don't have fun with unrealistic mods, they just feel wrong, like Russian mods with some random mesh slapped on GM.

Realistic does not mean weak in power, far from that.

Update: Of course for a modder it is a lot more work to get all weights and parameters correct so that vehicle or part will act in realistic way, some of that takes a lot of skill too, but that is difference between low effort and quality I guess.

For example, you can have two engines of same power output, but other weights twice compared to other, that should change handling characteristic of vehicle quite a bit, COG of engine has also effect to handling, also spring rates would need to be matched or handling suffers from increased weight of engine even more.

Sometimes that powerful V8 swap just is slower around the track, that kind of stuff makes it fun to have different engine options.

#54 fufsgfen, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  15. Kuthlive

Kuthlive
    Expand Collapse

I'd say realism. give them the redlines that they would have in real life, with the same amount of boost and try to make the torque curves similar.

16. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

Alright
    Bad news, works flowen me out early due to a fault, left at 3am so that jbeam update is a while away now sorry boys

17. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Oof okay, thats cool, we will be patient *RIGHT GUYS?*

18. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

Life issues are always first. We can wait.

19. Jack The Ripper 2

Jack The Ripper 2
    Expand Collapse

If you use the handbrake in a incline with the drift brakes, the brakes overheat quickly.

20. Fatkiwi

Fatkiwi
    Expand Collapse

Might be due to the park brake force, I noticed the wheels wouldn't lock instantly so I pushed the number up probably a bit to. High, thatshould be the only reason as they are larger and cool quicker

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice