Super Bowl

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Kona61, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

GO SEA HAWKSSSSSSS! Anyone for the Patriots?

2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

My location makes this apparent...

3. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

Taken from the iRacing forum once again...

gib motorsport pls つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

4. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Oh bruh I think you're a Seahawk fan totalllllyyyyyy :p

5. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

Go pats

6. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Touchdown.

Bitches.

7. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

What a crazy ending!!!

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Serious mental issues up here right now........AARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH

9. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

GO PATRIOTS! No idea why the Seahawks didn't run it, but it doesn't matter. Go Pats!

10. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Capture.JPG lel...

11. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Yea they still had 3 tries to run it! Well it is what it is:D

12. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Ugh... I am so sick and tired of hearing how great the Patriots are and now we'll never hear the end of it.. They aren't all that good. When you are guaranteed a playoff spot because you are guaranteed to win your division every year it's pretty easy to be able to get 4 super bowls in however many years. Simple statistics say they should have at least 3 and they beat the odds to get 4.

No team will ever again lose four in a row so beat that record Brady you ballless goof. <----- And that's the Canadian use of the word goof.

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Welp.....Brady and Belechick are still spoiled rotten cunts, regardless how idiotic the Seahawks play calling was. Seattle needed this to balance out their history.
    All great teams have been through this and The Seahawks are no exception. What doesn't change is Brady/Belechick will always be spoiled rotten cunts and their
    follies will haunt them from here on out. Okay, bring on NASCAR!

14. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Being a Colts fan I must say I hate the Patriots with the burning passion of hell. I don't particularly care for the Seahawks so I really didn't watch this year.

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

My opinion on the matter:
    Rugby with body armour. Take that kit off and try it the British way (only protection being your t shirt and a mouth guard).

Also as the foot is not typically used to move the ball around, its not really football is it? I propose renaming the sport to armoured rugby or soccer. Rename soccer to football as it is elsewhere...

16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Dang brit! >:[

17. DWPro

DWPro
    Expand Collapse

Who had the 30sec commercial?
    I blitzed trough the replay on Fox so I haven't seen.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Watch rugby. Watch american football. Same sport, different outfits.

19. Plissken

Plissken
    Expand Collapse

The correct name is handegg. I also don't understand what make a dishware "super". :p

Similar sports, not same.
    In handegg, tactic is way more planned than rugby. And game is always stopped for a reason or another.
    In rugby you don't have to wait too long to see some actions. There are less tactic, more improvisation. Plus you can watch international matches and tournaments cheaper.

Back on topic, I don't understand the hype media in Europe are doing around Salad Bowl. No one actually follow handegg, and every year they over-mediatize and overrate it like a new Apple product. In fact, the final is often the only match of the season they broadcast. This interest maybe come from some random pathetic "rappers" wearing some NFL related outfit in a bad music video, hence people thinking handegg is cool. Or maybe it's a remain of Marshall Plan.
    Meanwhile, a lot of more popular (and/or interesting) sports are never aired, except on specialized and pay TV channels.

Anyway I prefer ice hockey. (and you can't deflate a puck!!!11!)

20. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

I kind of have to agree. I think the majority of the injuries in American Football are caused by the unnecessary body armor. You said rugby players just use a mouth guard but don't they also wear shin guards as well? Not that those come close to what is used in american football but to me it seems like all the gear gives the players a weapon to attack the other players with and not so much actual protection. Take for example the helmet, for one just about every player wears them very loose for whatever reason. Problem is if you do this it makes the helmet practically useless. Then add in the fact that most guys have been taught to use it as the principal point of contact when laying big hits.

Another sport where body armor is seen is ice hockey however in that sport it is actually needed for protection from the sticks, skates and the puck. I can't help but feel like handegg would be a much safer sport without all the extra padding but to get rid of it they would actually have to rework how the game is taught. There's a reason that participation in the US of kids in football is declining while ice hockey, lacrosse and rugby are all on the rise. People are starting to realize that handegg is unnecessarily dangerous by design and they do not what their children to be involved, and I'm sure some kids even see it on their own and choose to go into other sports that are actually making progress in player safety.
    P1-BO944A_YOUTH_G_20140130180004.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice