Support for steam powered vehicles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by chris_lucas, Apr 15, 2017.

1. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

I know that the chance of this getting added is small but why not give it a shot. :) So this is what I had in mind.
    For the boiler section in the jbeam there would be these variables.
    boilersize: how much water the boiler can hold.
    maxwaterlevel: how high the water can get before overflowing/damage the boiler.
    minwaterlevel: the minimum height of water before the boiler is damaged.
    blowoffPSI: how much PSI in the boiler till the safety valve blows off its steam, this also includes a 2nd number that tells to what psi it should blowoff.
    superheated: true or false, if the steam is getting superheated.
    boilerefficiency: how efficient the boiler can produce steam, this also affects the time it takes to get to full steam.
    Next up the burner.
    burnerefficiency: how much fuel the burner uses.
    maxburnerheat: the maximum temperature the burner can reach.
    Then the steam engine.
    This will be kind of the same as an electric engine, instant torque etc.
    steamengineefficiency: how much steam is lost in the engine this will be disabled if a condenser is detected.
    Next thing is the condenser, the condenser takes the exhaust steam and turns it back into water.
    condenserefficiency: how much steam is lost in the condenser.

I probably forgot some variables.

Also all these things like regulating the fire and pumping water/ regulating boiler pressure don't necessarily have to be user controlled, the doble steam car did that fully automatic in 1920 and it took only 2 min to get to operating pressure.
    Skoda made in the early 2000's a steam car that was more efficient than a internal combustion engine and only took less than half a minute to get to operating pressure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice