Survivability meter

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by pf12351, Aug 17, 2013.

1. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I am hinking about a survivability meter in-game. Say you crash the Civetta, A bar on the side would say: Broken left leg, Bottom 2 ribs broken or even dead. Along side with things like crashing into water and drowning, or trying to escape a fully filled car. Any opinions?

2. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

Well, since this isn't really a game to simulate a persons likely-ness of survival in a crash, but more simulating the crash, I'd doubt that the devs would implement this as it isn't the sole purpose of the game.

3. Coovargo

Coovargo
    Expand Collapse

I would like that as well. Maybe a human analog, IE, A dummy. Given that CPU cycles are very valuable, until openCL becomes a reality in this game, and it's shown that it's much more efficient than just CPUs alone, it's probably going to be a bit difficult to make that jump right now. For the most part you could tell in the crashes in this game if they'd be fatal or not, IE, Dashboard is in driver's seat, roof deforms into driver seat, hit so hard that the front wheel enters the driver's compartment, tree branch in front windshield into driver's seat, etc. If there were something to show the max G-force delivered to the driver's seat on an impact that would be handy enough to let the player "Guess" in a normal impact. For the most part this can be guessed. A vehicle coming to a stop in four feet from 60 mph would generate a 30-G deceleration. A vehicle coming to a stop in two would be 60G. Etc.

On average, a side impact of 30Gs is often fatal. Also a front impact of 60Gs is often fatal.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/YuriyRafailov.shtml

4. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

Or maybe a little popup saying what is broken? (though pretty obvious from looking at the car..) Maybe something that says engine damage, tire damage, steering, etc.

5. bunnns

bunnns
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion pretty useless

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice