Unsolved Suspension explodes after moving nodes locations

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by mehio, Apr 18, 2020.

1. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Im using the burnside rear suspension jbeam. However the car that im modding has a narrower axle and diagonal shock absorbers. So when I move the nodes to new locations to match the 3d model of the new mod, the rear suspension just explodes and the tires fall off.

I did not change any values, all I did was move some nodes such as the shock bottom and spring bottom a few inches. Why is this happening?

2. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

what you need to do is change the axle location. to find this, go into the susbension.jbeam that you are trying to mod. then look for this line :

["wheel_R_5","steelwheel_01a_15x7_R", "Rear Wheels", {"nodeOffset":{"x":"$=case($trackwidth_R == nil, $trackoffset_R+0.235, $trackwidth_R)", "y":1.22, "z":0.285}}],

change the y value to match where your suspension is. This is a trial and error process so you wont get it perfect the first time. Good luck!

3. mehio

mehio
    Expand Collapse

Just saw this. Thanks for the reply. I dont know what I did but it works now. Like you said, trial and error.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice