Svnd Major

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Xavoto, Dec 1, 2013.

1. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

...I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

RX-7s are among my favourite cars >.>

Anyway... I think the car doesn't look terrible, but it could use some work.

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Straight body lines do not constitute good car design. The examples you provided imply that this Quasar Unipower is the epitome of automotive beauty.

(imported from here)

Curved side windows and doors can and do work in real life. There are a myriad of solutions to open oddly-shaped windows and doors, including sliding perspex panels for windows, and hinging doors to open upward, like solutions found on McLaren F1, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Mercedes 300SL.

You're missing the point. 6677 was arguing that aesthetics are subjective, and are hence different for each person, using computer cases as an analogy. He didn't reinforce your point at all. His point was along the lines of "this is what's wrong with the car, and here's how you can improve it". Your point was all over the place, from attacking OP's car, to putting his abilities down, to then attempting to falsify my point by implying that the one straight horizontal line from the bonnet to the boot made the RX7 appear attractive, which, back on form, is completely wrong:

(imported from here)

The way you argue would lead the uninformed to believe that you know your shit, but on a forum full of car enthusiasts and designers, aspiring, established, or otherwise? Yeah, that illusion isn't going to hold up very long.

3. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

You clearly didn't read my post correctly, so I'm not going to even bother arguing. I dread seeing people replying to this thread to try and argue against me, because I made my point a LONG time ago, and this argument has been over a long time.

4. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Is that Latin for "I don't want to fight a war that's already been lost"?

5. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

You fucking kidding me? What exactly designates "winning" or "losing" here? My point is that OPs car is ugly and needs a lot of improvement before releasing it in the game; and your point is that I'm wrong... so that means you won? Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? How is this a war? I simply called OPs car "ugly" and suddenly everyone bitches at me because I have an opinion. fuck me for having an opinion, right?

6. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

Two things for Kimmikix:
    1: you commented one day ago. I'm pretty sure that's not "a long time ago"
    2: Are you just trying to start a flame war? I'll admit the car needs some work, but I like it. Curves make a car interesting. Straight lines result in Geoff (watch top gear if you don't know what that is).
    A few things for the OP:
    I like your car, though raising the boot would improve it. Also, tail lights more similar to the headlights would look nice. I hope you finish this car, because it looks pretty cool. For some reason, I feel like a mechanical design like the first Saab would be interesting. Sort of badly thought out, but different and interesting. That, or a sort of sporty design. Or both, a low power, crappy one that's fun to destroy, and a sportier one, RWD with a little higher power engine. Sort of like an Austin Healey Sprite.

7. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

"Winning" in this context is defined as providing a sustained argument which raises relevant points while refuting the points of others in a logical manner. "Losing" would be the opposite.

I'm not trying to discredit your argument, since it's valid (the car could use work, etc etc). However, the justification you provide for your point is completely incorrect (cars should have straight lines, bonnet level with boot looks much better, etc etc), along with -as I already mentioned several times- your blatant attacks on the competence of OP and his design without providing constructive criticism, which is the clincher.

You have a right to an opinion, but if you want to speak up about it, you better have evidence to justify it.

+1 cookie for eaglehead i-hammergeoff

#27 Zappymouse, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  8. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

"A long time ago" wasn't meant to be literal. Also I'm not trying to start a flame war, everyone replying to me seems to be. I've been trying to end this useless argument, but people simply want to keep going.

I did not say "cars should have straight lines" I said that OPs car doesn't have a single straight line, because the modeling is so random and not consistent. And I DO believe the trunk being so low looks ridiculous. But these things are simply my opinion, and its quite stupid to try and argue my opinion and say that you "won" because you think your opinion is better. I'm not trying to attack anyone. as you can see, my first post in this thread was me simply stating my opinion, not attacking OP.

9. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I never provided my opinion on this car though.

Your first post wasn't hostile, agreed, but your response to TwentyFour was awfully caustic, even degenerating to comparing OP's car to a "childs doodle drawing", which isn't very nice at all. And again, you're certainly entitled to an opinion, but if you're going to state it for the sole purpose of getting it out there, then you need jus-ti-fi-cation, especially when creative arts are concerned. Listing two shortcomings without providing thoughtful input is not justifying your opinion.

10. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't planning on being brutally honest, but TwentyFour called me out on it and ASKED me to explain myself more, so I did... If anyone here is to blame, it's him.

11. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Whatever floats your boat~

12. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

Guys, can you stop arguing on this thread and at least take it to a PM?

13. Xavoto

Xavoto
    Expand Collapse

I do not think that people on this forum was so wicked go well you do ....
    thank you post is close to all the world: :) p: :) p

14. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

You're a little late, the argument stopped one post before yours.

15. reimo12

reimo12
    Expand Collapse

why was it closed :(

16. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

The topology on that thing is horrid

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Probably because the author realised this wasn't a community they wanted to produce content for. Good job guys...

If the author does continue the the car or modelling in general, here a few things that i think could improve the appearance and things that i do really like.
    +I quite like the headlights
    +The general shape is pretty good
    -The boot area is too low, it should probably be moved closer to the line the bonnet and windows follow
    -The front windscreen should be curved a little more towards the top corners (or end a little lower to allow the roof to do that for older cars)
    +The bumper and bonnet area look really nice
    -From that angle the central side of the car looks too low compared to the rest, so maybe curve it more there like the back and front or raise and lower things a bit.
    -Way too many polygons on the doors
    -Polygon flow isn't very good (look below for example of good poly flow) (image taken from here: A-look-at-vehicle-workflow-Part-1)
    3Z9mg.jpg
    With a few adjustments it looks like it could be something very nice. Good luck to you if you continue in modelling.

#37 aljowen, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. McRoach

McRoach
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, it's a fucking work in progress. I don't even think it's that bad. You have issues, you conceited bitter asshole.

19. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Way to dig up an ended argument just to offend me Mr. 1 post.

20. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

shut up MEG!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice