Released T 80UD tank (shoots and working turret)

Discussion in 'Land' started by AnD_FiS, May 8, 2020.

1. This Guy Plays And ytp

This Guy Plays And ytp
    Expand Collapse

powerful enough to crash a game lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. GlitchyPranks28

GlitchyPranks28
    Expand Collapse

Thank you I will use it to crush a car in Beam that looks similar to a Warshov 255

3. Pinyap

Pinyap
    Expand Collapse

Any plans on updating this? Wanted to install it but it does not seem to be working

4. einou

einou
    Expand Collapse

how can i rotate da turret . ?

5. Jugghgjfgkhjf

Jugghgjfgkhjf
    Expand Collapse

The turret isnt working, when i press the buttons to move the turret the cannon moves and clips trough the turret

6. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

it's outdated, The author hasn't been seen for over a year.
    As for Stoat, he's a dev and has better things to do than update old forum mods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Not only this mod is outdated, but it was also the guy's first mod ever, never was perfect and has a ton of issues. And I assume it will never be updated either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The brake-based skidsteer logic is not very effective, sometimes it fails to turn other times it spins out randomly. The main problem with open diff + brakes is that the speed of the tracks cannot be controlled precisely. Rough terrain can affect track speed since open differential, and brake is constant torque regardless of speed so the turning radius is also not consistent.
    So I developed the Differential Steering logic "differentialTank.lua"(powertrain device) tankDiffCtrl.lua(control logic), which is a heavily modified locking differential powertrain device. This does not require brakes to work, and the speed ratio between the two tracks can be manipulated precisely.
    This logic is similar to many IRL tank steering logic, which use two gearboxes to dictate the speed ratio, thus the turning radius.
    The control is simple, the higher the steering input, the more the track speed ratio, when the steering is centered, the tracks are moving at the exact same speed. Also the higher the gear, the larger the turning radius, this is intentional.
    All contents other than the Controlled Differential Steering, are belong to the original authors: AnD_FiS, Stoat Muldoon, 58_gram.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  9. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Nice.

10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The Mark IV tank has moving tracks, and making a moving track is much difficult. You have to cut the track in 96 pieces in Blender and map them one by one in the jbeam nodes

11. Bill245474

Bill245474
    Expand Collapse

its sooo slow

12. Andryusha

Andryusha
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the fix!
    For those having trouble with the tank: try disabling Stein's Dashboard mod if you have one

#92 Andryusha, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  13. The_Mustang_Wolverine

The_Mustang_Wolverine
    Expand Collapse

This thing is awesome

14. JACOBRAIL

JACOBRAIL
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2022-01-13_18-51-24.png screenshot_2022-01-13_19-01-50.png screenshot_2022-01-13_19-10-17.png (this is my review of the T-80UD)
    this tank is fantastic. every thing works, no lag, doesn't crash my game when i shoot, the turret and the gun elevation is perfect, and the texter also comes with the tank. (what ever that means)
    the tank can pretty much go through any thing just as long as you know what your about to go through and what your not.
    FYI i have also tested the armor and its pretty good against other tanks (just letting you know if you wont to have a tank battle)

the roads will definitely effect your turning radius but off-roading is really good. along with the suspension
    i have a lot of fun with this tank maybe a little to much fun...

now after spending 2 to 3 hours of playing this tank i see no problems or issues that need to be fixed

although there is one thing i would love for you to change though. and that is the speed. i know it will probably mess up some stuff but you now... i like to go fast
    10/10 tank.

• Like Like x 3
  15. sweepwer

sweepwer
    Expand Collapse

those are all things that we figured out ourselves please don't bump unless it is informative and we don't already know

16. JACOBRAIL

JACOBRAIL
    Expand Collapse

"sweepwer

ok i didn't really mean to dump.
    but why do you care????
    i was just sharing my opinion of how good it is

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. sweepwer

sweepwer
    Expand Collapse

I don’t care as much as others but it’s better I say it then some other people who may be more aggressive

18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's not how it works, you said it in a really annoying way, it's worse than getting yelled at

19. DoritoPowahhhh

DoritoPowahhhh
    Expand Collapse

ATTENTION TO THE DESIGNATED GRID SQUARE!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Igoreuss_PL

Igoreuss_PL
    Expand Collapse

Very good mod

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice