T-Series Trailer Camera

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by austint30, Jul 23, 2016.

1. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

Can we have the ability to focus on the trailer, but still be able to drive the vehicle attached to it? I want to have the camera attached the the trailer instead of the truck, but still be able to drive the truck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

After finally getting to use the trailer properly, I second this motion. I enjoy using orbit camera, but it is annoying to see this everytime I reset the camera position:
    20160807111709_1.jpg
    The camera should recognize that the trailer is attached, and zoom accordingly to show everything, like so:
    20160807111926_1.jpg

3. TromboneWalrus

TromboneWalrus
    Expand Collapse

I think this should happen for all trailers. You can use tab to focus on a trailer but still drive the vehicle it's attached to. This way you can still see the trailer even if it falls off and rolls down a hill or something. It annoys the hell out of me when I set back the camera and have my face in the trailer.

4. bowdlerize

bowdlerize
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, make it follow the trailer unless if decouples, then default to the tow vehicle so you don't crash as the camera flies away from your vehicle.

5. Gavril T-series

Gavril T-series
    Expand Collapse

6. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

Should it not be possible to create a custom camera like the those created by @Funky7Monkey. He created a helicopter and a cinematic using the new custom system. Might be possible to create a "trailer" camera or something like that. I've not dived into the new system myself yet.

7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

It is possible if it is also possible to query if a vehicle is coupled to another vehicle, and which vehicle.

8. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

And also I think when a trailer is connected, it should treat the couple as one. Also it should add a trailer camera option when coupled. The reason why a coupled car and trailer should be treated as one is so when switching to another vehicle, it doesn't switch to the trailer.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is on our long ToDo list.

Not all trailers are the same, so we need to thinker about a solution that would work for them all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

I suggest giving the trailers camera nodes, and comparing those with the camera nodes on the primary vehicle to figure out the position of the camera.

11. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

I have an Idea for that.

First, the trailer now knows what the tractor vehicle does (Lights, brakes...). It "Import" these data fron the tractor unit.

So, may the tractor import data from the trailer? simply a value for his lenght and tall. A table who says length = 12,5 , tall = 3,5 ? And add these data to the stardard offset of the orbit cam?

It's only a idea, maybe not the easiest...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice