1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Tabbing to Other Vehicles Now Switches the Camera

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AntiqueT, Apr 8, 2018.

1. AntiqueT

AntiqueT
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if this is a problem only I am having, so hopefully I can explain it sufficiently. If I am in freecam mode (F8) focused on a Barstow for example, I may want to look at the vitals of or reset another vehicle, a D-15. If I am flying around the Barstow and hit Tab, ordinarily I can continue looking at the Barstow from that camera angle, while observing the vitals of the D-15, or resetting it if need be. Now, pressing Tab will teleport me to the D-15, which is rather annoying. For certain scenarios, it is crucial to be able to interact with one vehicle while focusing the camera on another. It also helps with keeping track of vehicles in different locations, especially on incredibly large maps like American Road. One more thing: I can no longer use this feature to teleport vehicles to the location of the one I'm looking at using F7, as tabbing over to the D-15 to F7 it to the Barstow's location will just teleport me to the D-15. Hopefully, this is just a simple bug or a setting that can be switched on or off. Thank you!

2. AntiqueT

AntiqueT
    Expand Collapse

Well, thanks for nothing. I guess I'll try asking somewhere else.

3. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Yes it is a bit frustrating when the camera resets when tabing to another car.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is a known issue, as mentioned in some other thread asking the same.
    It will be fixed in the future more likely.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the reminder, it'll be fixed in the next updates.

#5 stenyak, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice