Talk about The Crew PC Beta / crash help

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Whippy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

anyone else got the crew beta? I got into it and its super buggy :/ and I got into a game breaking bug where every time I got to a certain area in the game / mission, the game would just crash, to fix that in u play, right next to play there is a drop down menu, click that and validate files :) it fixed it for me :D, and this page is also a discussion about the beta, what glitches have you found? whats your fav part currently?! do you like the car modifaction parts?!

my fav thing in the game is getting a sporty car (like the Nissan GTR (r34) skyline) and turning it into a offroad monster!

so what have you been doing in the crew beta?!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's bad. Driving is horrible, mechanics reminds of NFSWorld and it's resource-asking even if it doesn't have anything special in the graphic or whatever.
    Surely not getting it when it's out.

3. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Really?! I love just driving around, and the driving does need to be tweaked, but I found a way to make cars turn faster in the settings, but I love how I may never drive around the whole map

4. nikobelichgta5

nikobelichgta5
    Expand Collapse

Yeah , I got the key , and drove 2 days. I really like the open world driving ! The Map is HUGE ! But the cities are not the same like real cities. I never been in America , I'm dreaming to get there . But New York is almost similar to Liberty City from GTA IV . I don't like Driving physics much , but I think , I feel that after Asseto Corsa ;)
    Damage physics are scriped shit ! My dream game : Driving physics from Asseto Corsa + Damage physics from BeamNG Drive + Open world from The Crew + Knock people down like in GTA V :D But I like The Crew .

5. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

I had similar issues, besides giving me 500 errors about connection issues, the map was generally enjoyable. I also would like to know why the game can't play smoothly on my specs below when beamng and GTA IV plays fine on med settings.

6. chorepusify

chorepusify
    Expand Collapse

The handling is a bit wobbly and it's pretty hard to avoid traffic when the car weights as musch as a whale. The roads are pretty much unfinished but hey, it's still a beta after all... But it gets boring fast when you don't have any cash and you're forced to drive the same car. You only get like 900 ''bucks'' as they call it and the cars are SO EXPENSIVE. 200,000 for a 69 Charger. That's just bullcrap.

7. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

That sounds like quite the game, i can imagine it selling in stupid numbers, but it still probably wouldnt cover the development of such a huge project. Would be cool though...

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

it also wouldn't help that atm, there is no PC powerful enough for that amount of physics it would have to do

9. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

>ubisoft
    >racing game

No thank you.

10. Kracksn [GER]

Kracksn [GER]
    Expand Collapse

im with you on that.

To me it looks like a better looking NFS World i guess. I saw some gameplay footage from 2 russian guys, to me it looked very "Arcade". And the price is olala at steam. Comes time comes gameplays on youtube then we will see i gues.

11. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Except NFS:W is at least free.
    Pay to win, but free.

12. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

The only reason i'm dowloading the beta is to drive from coast to coast, something ive always wanted to do. I'm not expecting much in terms of decent driving physics, but it may be better than inspected. I highly doubt i'll end up buying it, maybe on a deep discount sale.

13. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Ubisoft period is a no go. Especially on pc. AAA devs either don't care about pc so they make crap or aren't allowed the time to make a proper pc game. Just the fact that Ubisoft soft locked the game at 30 fps and hard at 60 shows it is made for console. Also the resolution is only up to 1080p from what I've heard but that could also be due to beta. The frame rate stuff though, from reading stuff direct from Ubisoft, seems like it's final.

14. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

AAA companies don't know shit about driving games.
    They don't even care about what they make, they just want to get as much money as they can. That's why they release half a game for full price and then sell you the rest as DLCs. The only large game company I actually have some respect for is Rockstar, at least they release free updates and don't try to milk you for money.

Why would they lock the game at 30fps though?

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

because they can release it on one of the consoles at 60fps at a higher price to force you to get it there rather than on the PC or something stupid that probably makes complete sense to their project leads.

16. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I have the beta key, I just haven't downloaded the game yet.

17. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Although i still dont like Uplay, as it always seems to have trouble connecting properly, i was pleasantly surprised to find out you can play the game after downloading a small percentage of the game (around 15% or so i think). Pretty cool feature, as my DL speed is around 200kb/s, and its something i'd love Valve to offer for Steam.

First impressions are OK. Started with an Xbox360 controller, and the driving felt pretty horrible. There are quite a few options to tweak, and im sure with some patients it could be made much better, but i instead plugged in the G27. I found it to be a much more pleasant driving experience, with FFB being decent enough. Keys all needed rebinded, which is a bit of a pain, but once thats done i was happy.

Did a couple of races, then it pulled me into a garage, and wouldnt let me out till the game had finished downloading. Bit of a shame, i was hoping i could keep driving, albeit in a small area of the map, until all files were downloaded. Should be finished downloading later tonight, pretty excited to get in a muscle car, get some country tunes on then to a tour of the US. Should be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Should add, there are definitely some performance issues, which are to be expected at this stage, but should be fixed for final release. On very high, my 2500K and 6870 can handle the locked 30fps fine, but i tried to add some MSAA instead of the horrible FXAA, but it killed fps down to single digits. I really don't think there should be that difference with just some AA, so hoping that will get sorted.

18. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

There is a way to increase the 30FPS limit to 60FPS by changing the config files.

19. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i heard that, but for a game that im only likely to play casually, id rather leave it locked at 30, and have higher settings, than have it fluctuate all over the place or have to turn down settings.

For a lot of other racers i play, i like to have a steady 60fps though.

Glad to be a PC gamer, at least we have the choice, console gamers are stuck with whatever they get. 30fps for a competitive shooter or racer is almost never a great experience.

20. PladStatic99

PladStatic99
    Expand Collapse

Downloaded the beta yesterday or Monday (Can't count the days anymore) but anyways so far it's been a good experience. Obviously there are a few bugs: Glitchy road cars (A.I) ,some connection problems e.g players in session suddenly disconnect, Car Staggers slightly when turning corners and in some cut scenes and the handling model...feels lose and unpredictable but it's not game breaking and you get used to it after a while.
    One thing I wanna mention is the graphics. Seeing so many people hating on the game for the graphics when tbh they aren't half as bad as some open racers with this amount of detail/scale. p.s i have no idea how to take screenshots so these will have to do :)
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
    #20 PladStatic99, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice