Taxi ride (idea for walking and traffic mode)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ibishucovet1987.txt, May 6, 2021.

1. ibishucovet1987.txt

ibishucovet1987.txt
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I like to ride a taxi in some games (for example, in GTA 5), but how about adding this as a new feature of the walking and traffic mode?

I think something like this:

1. When you get out of the car and turn on the traffic mode, and there is a Taxi in this traffic, you can call this taxi by pressing a special button on the keyboard. After pressing, if there is a taxi next to the player, then the same taxi will come to you and honk, giving a sign that he is next to you and is ready to take you to your destination.

2. If there are 2 taxis in traffic, and at the same time they are next to the player, then when you press a special button on the keyboard, the script should randomly select a random taxi, after choosing it, it will come to you, and of course it will honk, giving a sign that it is nearby with you.

3. When you arrive at your destination, your character will automatically log out and a message like "You have arrived at your destination, good luck" will appear. When this message appears, the taxi costs about 3 - 5 seconds and leaves.

But in reality there are cars that can give you a ride. And if you plan this too, then you should not copy the script from the taxi, but make a different trip system.

1. In most cases, if you call a random car, then it can bring you only along its own path, and only at a certain distance, you cannot go further, since they are not a taxi

2. If they reach the limit, or they do not go in another direction, then they will stop and your character will get out of the car, and a message like this is displayed, "Hey, I can't go any further / I can't go in another direction. So call another car, or call a taxi, Good luck!" When this message appeared, the car costs about 5 - 6 seconds, and then leaves.

(I want to warn you, I wrote this in Google Translate, so the words here may be distorted, or not correctly spoken)

I will later do the screenshots of this feature, of course i photoshop them

• Like Like x 4
  2. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

This is a car physics simulator

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

But it would still be cool to have functional taxis like we have functional buses and police.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ibishucovet1987.txt

ibishucovet1987.txt
    Expand Collapse

I know that already, but we need to experiment with traffic features and improve walk mode, anyone including me, always experimenting with games, changing something and adding some more features, that maybe will be cool thing for example Career mode. (if in Career mode we don't have a car, we can use them as... yes, taxis)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

you are a thoughtless being, please think before making responses that contribute nothing
    --- Post updated ---
    I like this idea alot, it seems interesting, yet rather easy to implement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Bastschi

Bastschi
    Expand Collapse

The game could be much more than that! And I hope that it will diversify as much as possible

7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

It already is much more than that, you just need to try it out yourself

8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The game is a tool to spark your imagination. Use it. :D

9. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bastschi

Bastschi
    Expand Collapse

I have been playing the game for 6 years

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice