1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Tech demo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bman777, Aug 5, 2012.

1. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Did I beg? No; Not hypocracy. Did I only post once? No; Not hypocracy. Have I just joined. No, I've been here since August 8th, 2012. I have 120 posts. I am a constant forum contributor and a progressively active member (as all of you are who are in this incident).

I AM NOT a Hypocrite. The +1 was an AGGREEANCE. It would be redundant to have a tech demo when the developers are ALREADY adamant on developing and ALPHA for the community. I am patient and I have never once asked for the beta.

This is ridiculous

#21 iheartmods, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

The thing is we were not asking for the release, I said:

This means: don't do a tech demo, do the alpha instead.

3. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Mythbuster, I really like your stuff too. Didn't think I'd have a problem with someone of your stature's lack of evidence

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Man you guys are as bad here as over in RoR board, this is really the first thing I have seen asking about a tech demo (TECH DEMO not beta or alpha), and I was wondering the same thing

I saw the official response, and got my answer. Simple!

You guys however? No I must ABSOUTELY MUST go on and call this guy an idiot for asking a question.....

5. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

Mythbuster@
    Yes it is annoying when ppl ask for releashe date or a demo, but they where just saying that they would prefer a alpha release instead of a tech demo.
    And instead of overreacting just ignore it, because there will be plenty more ppl asking for alpha and shit that have been asked millions of times before.

#25 Jon, Jul 26, 2013
  6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I've been ignoring it for about 11 months now, ever since I joined these forums. I'm not overreacting. I'm litterally sad how much this community is starting to become like the RoR community in the last few months. It makes me avoid certain parts of these forums because every day there are threads and posts that just make me rage.

On top of that, the rest of my post was mostly directed at gtaman788, since his post clearly states he just wants the game to come out as soon as possible, rather than as good as possible.
    And you(iheartmods and davidbc) may say that you were just stating you prefer an alpha over a tech demo, that may be true, however, in the end it's really just the same "please hurry up" message... You're just stating that you want as much content available from the start(ie alpha with all features as WIP, instead of tech demo with only very few features but more polished). On top of that, the only point you're getting across to developers by posting things like "+1" or "yes we need to play this sooner or later" is really just "hey you guys, you should hurry up, you're taking too long! we really wanna play this game now!".
    People used to do that on the RoR forums with my cars, posting stuff like that. It's incredibly annoying honestly...

Also, @ iheartmods: If you have a problem with me because I get tired of people begging for beta after 11 months, I'm not sure how you haven't completely gone into white-hot rage-mode yet :p... If you get problems with someone so easily, you should be even more pissed than me at all the beggers...

Sorry, I guess, for "overreacting", for those who think it is overreacting...

I think we should get back on topic now though... :/

EDIT@Below: I meant talking about the tech demo instead of talking about me throwing a fit :p

EDIT@below that: yeah, you're right Hati... I should stop my rants :)

#26 Mythbuster, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  7. Jon

Jon
    Expand Collapse

I think we are on topic judging from the first posts on this threat :p

#27 Jon, Jul 26, 2013
  8. jotaonze

jotaonze
    Expand Collapse

This is why you're epicly awesome. OT: I would rather play the final game than rather play a buggy version (maybe).

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I do not sympathize with people who ask for release, they to some degree deserve the animosity they get. I've been on this forum since the second day it's been open, I've had over a year in terms of waiting like many others. Admittedly I'm losing my patience waiting and losing my patience with the community getting filled up with kids. That's well understood, its to be expected and its fine. But rather than telling you to find something else to do than obsess over this game, let me point something out.

7 months ago, and hell even 1 month ago, what we saw in the streams didn't exist. The developers aren't withholding the game, they're still creating it. Whatever the developers decide in future that is "good enough to release" doesn't yet exist. I can't stress to you how poorly thought out the logic is of "give us a beta or a tech demo" when one does not yet exist in a form that would be worth handing out to the general public. I don't know why the developers deem BeamNG "not ready", but there's genuinely going to be a good reason for it. They're a company creating a product to sell. Now its fine to ask what's left to do, but stop pressuring for it. its a poorly thought out request and perhaps what annoys most people is that it's plain impolite.

and mythbuster, I understand you entirely. You have to understand something though, people getting angry at each-other and bitching is half of why I don't like the RoR forums. Not everyone has matured, you have to account for that and ranting like that doesn't strike me as particularly conducive to the 'community' spirit I suspect you're striving for. Not saying you shouldn't rant, but it does appear to be getting more and more frequent.

Bounds of reason my good chap, tone it down. :)

#29 Hati, Jul 27, 2013
  10. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Mythbuster, if I had said 'I agree' instead of '+1' would the argument have been different? I understand your argument, however. The +1 thing must be different for most.

My +1 was an agreeance, nothing more. I am well aware that the developers are working harder than ever.

I did not say to 'rush it' or 'give it to me now'. If you look at my join date; I am and have been patient (AS WE ALL HAVE those who have been here since the mere beginning) and also if you notice on the RoR forums, I've been there for going on my third year (not sure how long you've been there).

My point is, I AM NOT one of the people I am describing in my signature...also I won't change it.

I am sorry for furthering this...issue but I am adamant with my opinion and felt it should be seen. Also, I don't have anger towards you; I just see this as a disagreement ;)

#30 iheartmods, Jul 27, 2013
  11. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

You guys need to stop. The game is pretty clearly not stable or complete enough for a tech demo. If they did release it, it would just be a giant hassle for the devs and possibly even shut this whole thing down since they'll just get screamed at by people who complained about not releasing a demo for it not being stable.

12. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

Solution: Put a red banner on the demo page and on the .exe file saying "THIS DEMO IS UNSTABLE, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT GLITCHES AS THEY WILL BE FIXED IN THE NEAR FUTURE"

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Lol... If you really think that's gonna stop people from complaining, you're naive as hell :p Even if you put it in flashing letters diagonally across their screen like a virus as soon as they open the website, they'll still not read it and complain about something not working... They should just wait till most of the game breaking bugs are fixed before releleasing anything :)

14. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse

Solution: Ban them. Just kidding, anyone that stupid or ignorant would probably not be listened to anyway so I don't see a major problem with this.

15. foulmonkey

foulmonkey
    Expand Collapse

that would be fun a demo

16. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Stay tuned ;)

17. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse

Hey, that's Tdev's line!

18. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I can't get to the demo, error 404. D:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice