1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Terrible GPU utilisation?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by NoobieElf, Dec 31, 2018.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

hey Fufs, I realized that MSPF (might) mean millisecond per frame? so if that number is high, that might mean your game is getting studdery, even with 60+ FPS. My game is pretty much completely fluid, smooth 60fps (lockedfps + vsync and dynamic reflections on 100% full and SSAO/PostFX). I was wondering if we can compare MSPF numbers (sometimes mine are close to 0 and sometimes they are around 15 or 16, that all depends on the environment, so I assume when Im on Italy, that number goes up a bit but on gridmap its very low) If a dev could shed some light on what that number means, it might help people in comparing stats and figuring out the best graphics settings.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think you are correct.

1 second divided by 60 is 0.0166666666666667 less surprisingly that is what Afterburner shows for frametime when one has 60fps. Also that is how you calculate how long each frame takes time, so it is easy to check what value should be for given fps.

fps can remain steady 60, but ms per frame can fluctuate, which can tell a bit about stuttering for example.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

yea maybe nadeox can fill us in with an explanation?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice