1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Texture Cooker crashes for me.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Artistterrymartin, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Now making something in Blender. Say I make a Box the texture in blender for that box has to be named example.color

The texture itself has to be saved with example.color.png after the name right ?

Game cooks texture fine, just wont let me do anything else in the material editor. I posted this before. This question. Get the 0000001 error

Texture Cooker Crashes trying to edit a texture that's been cooked. - YouTube

I included this object I made, Anyone can have it for whatever if they want it. This object is one from video.
    upload_2021-10-8_23-44-40.png

Attached Files:

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I guess you should edit the texture before it's cooked?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure. Its odd how that thing works. Guess it does not matter as long as we all eventually get our textures all DDS files. Whether photoshop, gimp or other texture cooker makes them. I had thought it was mostly used for people who make mod mods. Not so much for track objects. But not sure if anyone uses it.

4. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 1
  5. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

6. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

There seems to be a lot of mod-related errors in your logs. Can you please disable all of them and try again? Ideally, just rename folder "0.23" in your Userfolder.

Does it still happen after?

7. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

I accidently figured out what was wrong. If the file that is texture cooker converted is a filename.color.png it will cause the problem.
    I made a rock and saved it as filename.color.dds it loaded fine in the material editor without a crash after being cooked.
    Here are two models. One crashes game and the other is fine. Bump crashes it, Rock205 does not.

I did what you said about renaming the user folder... Here is new ID
    If you still want to see why the PNGs are crashing me when texture cooked

Spoke too soon, DDS files crash it too. dam, but something is not making Rock205 crash. That I can not figure out what makes it work.

Attached Files:

#7 Artistterrymartin, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  8. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

This is how the texture is suppose to be named for one that is to be texture cooked I assume. And the file being named twist3.color.png (or dds I suppose works too)
    I looked at todays crash log and crash happens looking for a missing texture in the temp folder involving the CDAE for the object.
    upload_2021-10-15_16-24-45.png
    upload_2021-10-15_16-28-11.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice