WIP Beta released The Crash Hard map 1.1.2

A nice place to Jump, Race or Crash your cars

1. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well, I woke up this morning to find this...

That's awesome! The center divider is a stroke of genius that will make for some really impressive wrecks!

upload_2017-4-29_12-15-36.png

There is one thing that still seems kind of off though - usually when a tunnel collapses, it fills with rock, gravel, and parts of the tunnel itself:
    upload_2017-4-29_12-24-0.png
    (photo retrieved from http://www.gettyimages.ca/event/trapped-in-dalian-tunnel-collapse-119491531?#rescuers-work-at-the-tunnel-collapse-site-on-july-18-2011-in-dalian-picture-id119349002. All twelve workers trapped during this tunnel collapse were rescued within 36 hours.)

Right now, the tunnel looks like it was poured right up against the mountainside and never actually dug. Fortunately, There is an abundance of rock and concrete chunks already in the map, just waiting to be duplicated and inserted into the tunnel opening:
    screenshot_00046.png

screenshot_00040.png screenshot_00041.png screenshot_00042.png screenshot_00043.png screenshot_00044.png screenshot_00045.png

Just to really make it convincing, one of the custom road signs from the Area 54 map could be re-textured and placed up above to indicate where the highway might have been going:

screenshot_00048.png upload_2017-4-29_12-38-22.png

In any case, I'm excited to have this thing make its way into the map. It looks like lots of fun to play with!

2. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think I may have found the missing object ...

screenshot_00092.png

Wasn't there a ramp built out of containers next to this flip ramp at one point in time?

3. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

The finale version of The Crash Hard should be out soon, uploaded it on Saturday morning :) Still being approved I guess, so hard to judge how long stuff like that will take, but stay tuned :)

4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2017-6-11_22-24-56.png

I may be a little late with this; but now that I look at from above, this seems like an awful lot of water for a map described as "wasteland". Won't it obscure vehicles that slide off of the road during crashes?

Also, do you think that you could extend the highway just a little bit further so that it connects with the road ahead? I think that would allow more varied routes for AI races & chases.

5. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Crash Hard 01 updated Crash Hard map (Update #9) with a new update entry:

Finale version of the Crash Hard map

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Crash Hard 01 updated Crash Hard map (Update #9) with a new update entry:

small fix, map was to dark

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    Is it not at the area next to where you are, to the right of you? Or maybe the left?
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes it is a bit late now ;) But what you can do go into the world editor F11, and delete all the water... *Bam*, problem solved. ;) And for the highway connecting to the road ahead, it is two different types of road systems. But what I do on maps that is not mine, and i find stuff I don't like, I change it to my liking (but I do not release it)

Update: Looks like other people also don't like the water. When i get home from work i will make a version without any water, and release that to. Hows that? Sounds good?

A *No Water* version can be found at the end of the first forum post.

#46 CrashHard, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00125.png
    It was right about ... here! ;) I'm guessing that you had the missing object error fixed long before my post, but I just wanted to make certain so that you wouldn't be spammed with "FIX EROR PLZ" posts during the update.

If there's one thing I want to be absolutely clear on, it's this: I love this map. There's so much to see and do across it, and so many interesting places and ways to crash! If the developers were to include one mod as part of the official game, this map would be my vote. You are, in my opinion, one of the best modders to touch this game, and can be counted among those who have done the most to advance this game.

screenshot_00121.png screenshot_00124.png screenshot_00126.png screenshot_00129.png screenshot_00135.png screenshot_00137.png

Now that I've established that, I feel I should say that my original plan was to manually delete the water (although I'm still struggling with the terrible Wiki page), but then I remembered that you usually like to end your videos by panning over a wreck. Like you, I enjoy looking at the aftermath of a particularly satisfying crash, and I find that much harder to do if the vehicle is underwater. It also eliminates the equally satisfying possibility of getting a heavily damaged (yet still drivable) vehicle back up onto the road and slowly cruising towards its objective. I can't do that if my Offroad Moonhawk is hydrolocked.

It's very nice of you to offer a waterless variation based on popular demand. There are a lot of modders who can make good content, but the true measure of a good modder is how they make players feel.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, so great to hear :) I see you are missing some water texture in one of the screens you posted, that is weird. any error in the console?

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Well, there are no error codes that appear when the map is opened, but if you're talking about the creator console or something related to the map editor when you say "console", then I'm afraid that I really have no idea. In fact, I think that the creator console was never meant to be shipped, and was removed in one of the hotfixes.

It appears to be one of four bodies of water on the map currently experiencing texture issues:
    screenshot_00139.png screenshot_00140.png

#49 YellowRusty, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  10. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

A small update to the Crash Hard map is on its way :)

- Fixed the collapsed tunnel entrance
    - Lowered the water level a bit on the map
    - Fixed missing water ripple texture

• Like Like x 2
  11. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

12. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

13. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  14. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  15. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that some other textures have come undone recently:
    screenshot_2021-01-28_16-13-08.png
    This body of water between the divided highway that leads to the broken highway and the four mountains that surround the memorial site lacks water textures.
    screenshot_2021-01-28_16-16-30.png screenshot_2021-01-24_11-54-32.png
    This body of water across the three roads along the far edge of the map has the same problem.
    screenshot_2021-01-28_16-08-57.png
    Finally, the billboard at the memorial site is missing the textures from its foundations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice