The Crew

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by destroyer8769, Dec 5, 2014.

1. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

Anyone want to be in a BeamNG crew on the crew? Reply if you want to be in, as well as the times you are on.

2. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i might be getting it tomorrow so yea
    its my bday tomoz

3. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

What platform?

4. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

PC (6char)

5. Singh336

Singh336
    Expand Collapse

I recently got it.

The "dialogue' or however you call it was like NFS, drove me nuts.

The driving part was the worst and controls etc. It was so bad I haven't played it past the first hour or so of gameplay.

Pretty pathetic IMO.

6. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

I dunno what settings you're using. Because it's great in my eyes. I'm playing on Hardcore Manual with a 360 controller and I love how it feels (except the Raid cars get really lose on dirt which is annoying). The physics are this perfect mix of arcade and simulation; you have to brake correctly for turns and have good lines, but you can still swing the car around. It feels VERY Driver: San Francisco-like, which is great because that game is practically the perfect Simcade racer.

This game is really awesome. I'm loving nearly every aspect of it.

7. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

I've played it a bit and it's further from a simulator than fucking Mario Kart. It doesn't have NFS' drift-to-turn physics, I'll give it that, but driving sucks and there's no difference between a muscle car and a japanese sports car.

8. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

Not any worse than what BlueScreen said, honestly.

I know that most of the people here only race sims, but I like all racing games. I'll play anything from arcade to simcade to full-on sims depending on my mood. I just plain like racing in general. And right now, I feel that the Crew feels very nice when in the Hardcore setting and with some steering settings tweaked. Yeah, it's not realistic, but you still have to use proper braking points and can't just mindlessly throw your car around the corner. That results in skidding and losing tons of time.

Like...yeah, if you only care about sims like BeamNG, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, etc. then yeah you're not gonna like The Crew.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You called him a braindead fuck with no provocation at all. Escalation much.

#9 SixSixSevenSeven, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  10. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

No, you said it was the right simulator-arcade mix, but it's 100% arcade. You can easily tell because all cars drive the same.
    I do like some arcade games (flatout), but The Crew was just a bad driving experience.

11. Makoto H.

Makoto H.
    Expand Collapse

Well, okay. That's your opinion, but it doesn't match up with what I've played.

Early on in the game I test-drove the new Mustang and the 1960's Impala Sedan. I couldn't definitely sense a difference: the Mustang was eager to get the rear-end out but was still controllable, but the Impala sluggishly threw its weight around like you'd expect and had incredibly soft suspension meaning that any hard bump would completely unsettle it. Now that's only two cars in the game, but it felt good at the time. I'll test drive some more and see if you're right or not.

12. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

One thing that bothers me is that, even in a dirt car, you slide wide ON DIRT, even at manageable speeds.

13. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

Thread revival to avoid making a new thread..

The Crew was free on xbox one this month for Games with Gold (so today is the last day I think). It actually turned out to be way more fun than I expected. The races are a bit easy (at least in the beginning, where I still am) but it's a nice map to just drive around. Anyone here who also recently got the game on xbox one who wants to play together some time?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice