1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fastest you have ever driven.

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by auzzie635, Oct 10, 2017.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

1: (car in my profile pic) 1999 Hyundai Excel Twin cam manual. With me in it, it weighs close to 1100kg
    2: Supposedly 99hp but i highly doubt that.
    3: Pretty flat but not a ture straight line and sketchy AF
    4: Got it up to about 140, i saw 135 when i last saw the speedo but i kept in it for another couple seconds
    Pics are several months old but same car with no new mods.
    IMG_5150nlp.jpg IMG_5151nlp.jpg IMG_5152nlp.jpg

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

My Short Answer:

Jaguar Diesel Run:
    1. 2009 Jaguar XF 3L V6 Diesel (Twin Turbo)
    2. 271bhp, 600Nm
    3. Flat motorway (M6)
    4. 130mph

Volvo Run:
    1. 2010 Volvo V60 D5 SE LUX
    2. 202bhp, 420Nm
    3. Gradual Uphill over a long distance with a rise midway through the stretch*
    4. 137.324mph

Jaguar Supercharged Run:
    1. 2013 Jaguar XF 3L V6 Supercharged
    2. 335bhp, 450Nm
    3. Gradual Uphill over a long distance with a rise midway through the stretch*
    4. 120mph

My Long answer:

Jaguar Diesel Run:

This was just coming back from seeing my great uncle and we had been making good time and we got up to the latter stages of the M6 south of Carlisle and my dad and myself had been cruising up the motorway at about 80mph (hes had defensive driving lessons which I dont have and hes a very considerate driver and he knows to keep distances when travelling at the higher speeds and this is prior to me having a licence, so in 2014), and my dad noticed a red Ford Ka (99bhp and 120Nm torque) coming up behind us and he was flashing his lights in a standard 5 flashes (a typical Le Mans Style pass procedure of I am the faster driver get the hell out of my way) and when he tried that on us the first time my dad pulled away a bit and the Ford, I took notice of what was going on out of the left passenger wing mirror and he came up behind us for a second time and my dad pulled away harder this time and I looked ahead and I saw the motorway clearing at that point and by the third time my dad pulled away and clocked in about 100mph and I had braced myself into the car and I was looking behind us again out the passenger side mirror and my dad had already selected the "S" on the gearbox and when the guy came up behind us for a fourth attempt my dad put his foot to the floor and we left him standing and I think we did hit 130mph where I could see on the dial was from 130mph to 170mph and I saw the needle coming around and by that point the Red Ford Ka was a long way back and my dad was already slowing down to his cruising speed of 80mph, the guy who was driving the Ford Ka didnt even bother attempting a fifth attempt he undertook us in the middle lane and tore off at the next exit

Volvo Run:
    The fastest I have driven is exactly 137.324mph in my Volvo on the Dolphington Straight* I entered the straight at about 90mph (I could have made it at 100mph or higher but it was dark so I decided the safe entry speed was at 90) and I kept the foot down in 6th gear and when I lifted for the long left hander at the end of the straight I saw 221kph on the right center Dial (I saw it appear and it hold there for a few seconds for me but I realised my mind was going 4 times faster than I normal) and I did the calculation later on to make it out to be about 137.324mph.

Jaguar Supercharged Run:
    As for my Dad's Jaguar the fastest I have driven that car was again on the Dolphington Straight* and that was at 120mph when my dad told me to lift off the throttle because of traffic ahead but if it had been clear and that was only part way down the straight, the thing I remember most about that run was the way the car reacted to it, I put my foot down I was at 1100rpm or something then when I put my foot into it it dropped a gear and jumped to 3000rpm and then it jumped again to 4500rpm and then finally it dropped a 3rd time and jumped to 5500rpm where the supercharger screamed and I was off like a rocket I remember the rev counter going from 5500rpm to 6500rpm and then back to 5000rpm and then the climb to 6500rpm and by that time the Supercharger was howling away thats a treasured memory for me! by that point my dad said "okay Robert Traffic ahead" and I lifted out of it and I saw 120mph on the center digital Speedometer readout. If I had kept my foot in it till the braking point when I glimpsed 221kph in the Volvo a few months earlier I could have seen myself doing maybe 130mph to 135mph+ but I may never know its a rare chance when the straight is clear you can max the car out, its a fun ride and the straight itself is about over a mile long so if you get the entry speed right you can hit some well...some high speeds.

Conclusion:

The Jaguar Diesel Run, this was to teach a person why its not good to mess with a car that has a bit under 3 times the power and 5 times the torque figure of their car and I accept that, I wouldnt go messing with someone like that, but I know that guy was being a bully and we were sitting in the outside lane overtaking everything around us and he pushed my dad to use his right foot and well he got a taste of his own medicine when he realised he couldnt overtake the silver Jaguar XF Diesel that left him standing, I accept that, he is the most experienced driver in the house

The Volvo Run was just me seeing just how quickly I could react to the cars speed and I was doing the right foot flat to the floor and the left foot kick on the clutch and I didnt miss a gear change!

The Jaguar Run that was just me pushing the car after my dad said I could and I did, it handled it very well and the supercharger was screaming during it and that made me chuckle because of just how it sounded, god I love Eaton Superchargers (yes Jaguar does use an Eaton Superchargers on the XF supercharged cars I checked!)

I just found on those high speed runs the ability to think faster and to process how the cars reacted to the changes in the road and both cars handled slightly differently but I had them both under control at the time, the faster I go the faster I can react to whats coming up. Sorry this has been a bit of a lengthy post about my highest speed I have driven at and the highest speeds I have been driven at

#22 RobertGracie, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

1,100 mph via planet earth

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. naguluna

naguluna
    Expand Collapse

THE SPEED LIMIT OF COURSE

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ┬┐Carbohydration?

┬┐Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse

Actually 30 kilometers a second. (67000 MPH) Couldve gone faster if you stood atop this manhole cover.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. auzzie635

auzzie635
    Expand Collapse

Really it was the V-tech sticker that added 10 HP

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. CannedPakes

CannedPakes
    Expand Collapse

Have only gotten it up to 90 mph because the struts are original and it needs an alignment and balance. Started to shake really bad at about 85. Got an appt tomorrow to get it aligned and balanced, so we'll see how it does after that

• Like Like x 1
  8. (GNG) [S.PLH] wearyNATE15

(GNG) [S.PLH] wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

1: Some mini bike (mines not nearly this ugly but similar oh god) [im 15 so no car]
    2: 5 HP at most? (4 speed semi-auto (49cc i think))
    3: Flat
    4: 25-30 mph
    FT8000HDSilver_500.gif

Not done
    1: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon (Dads)
    2: 138 HP 5 speed
    3: Flat parkinglot
    4: 30-35 mph
    IMG_0362.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I don't want to admit how fast I've gone. Not that it's all that impressive, but I'd rather not have it be written down and used to get me in trouble. I will say that I've gone 75-80 mph with 10,000 lbs (~4535 kg) of RV trailer behind me. Not that impressive of a speed normally but with that much weight plus an older Dodge truck with typical Dodge truck steering it was a handful sometimes, especially with wind. I don't actually know how much horsepower/torque my truck has now with a tuner and such, but factory it had 245 HP and 505 lb-ft of torque.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

1: 2003 Acura RSX
    2: 190 stock, However I'm built to 250 HP
    3: Slightly downhill
    4: We have a ring road in our city in Edmonton, got it up to 255KMH

• Like Like x 1
  11. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

1: 2006 Saturn Vue
    2: Pretty sure 143 HP
    3: Flat, on the interstate
    4: 90 MPH

No pic :/

12. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

grody

I was gonna buy a 2003, until I hated it after driving it and found the frame rusted through

my mom's minivan is faster

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

1. Peugeot 3008 (diesel) (rental car)
    2. 148bhp
    3. Fairly flat, some downhills somewhere in France
    4. 194km/h or 120mph
    It could have gone faster but the limit was like 130km/h or so I believe.

14. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

90 mph, 2012 kia sorento fwd es edition in dark cherry, license plate #: ***-****, highway.

15. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

Me too :( only time I went above is on an overtake. I did 130km/h in a 90 (quite a furious ovetake though. he was going under the speed limit on the left lane in a 3 lane highway).
    EDIT: it was in my Polo btw

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

First experience
    9 ton dumper (auto)
    Flat building site
    100 hp
    20 mph

17. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough I guess, but even if you did put something down, there's no proof that you actually did it, and no proof that it was even on a public road. Considering how much evidence you normally need to get the police to do anything, I think you'll be fine

18. Gonzo_

Gonzo_
    Expand Collapse

eg 8 d15b2 200km\h
    lada 2106 1.3L ~160 km\h

19. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE: Just went with my friend to a car meet in his hybrid CHR. He likes going fast, we just did 150 km/h. Surprisingly it's really stable at this speed but the cvt really has to work its way up there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

I'm 16 and don't have car license, but I have moped license, so I can legally drive a car at lower speeds, if in passenger seat there is a driver with at least 2 or 3years of experience.
    Car:
    1: BMW X5 3.0D
    2: 254hp.
    3: Flat rural unpaved road that was very wide and empty
    4: 80 kph / 50 mph. Not much, but I don't want to crash

Not a car:
    1: Yamaha Grizzly 660 ATV
    2: 41hp(from random source on google)
    3: The same empty rural road
    4: At it's max speed - 95 kph / 60 mph

On water:
    1: Yamaha Waverunner (it's about 15 y.o)
    2: Don't know the exact model and power
    3: Our big "pond" if you can call it so.
    4: At it's max speed - about 102 kph, the wind was right direction / 64 mph

• Like Like x 1