My favorite driving view/camera is Hood. But because of the nature of how BeamNG.drive treats sound, the sound of the engine, especially V8 engines, is too high pitched and 'rattling' at that location. BeamNG.drive says “The camera is your head, so if your head is on top of the hood, you'll hear every little rattle and noise that an engine makes.” Fair enough I guess. But just because I want to have a driving view that gives me more precise car control (and I've been on a race track with a real car before) without having to resort to the migraine inducing world of virtual reality headsets and TrackIR (I bought one of those and caused me splitting migraines), should I be limited to hearing only what a camera's microphone would hear at a specific location? The best sound of the engine I think is in the Driver/cabin/cockpit view. But also when I'm in Hood view and I look backwards, I hear an awesome throaty rumble of the engine. Why in reverse Hood view but not forward? A deeply customizable simulation should allow me to hear what the driver in the cabin is hearing regardless of where the camera is located IF ONE SO CHOOSES. This sent me down the rabbit hole to try and change the sound in the Hood view. I didn't want to have to change any code if I didn't have to. I watched a YouTube video about how you can use the World Editor of all places to test out the soundConfig of any vehicle in real time. Playing around with that, I narrowed down my search to one setting that changed my experience immensely. Find this value in the soundConfig section of an engine's jbeam file and change it to -30: "eqLowGain": -30, That's all. One value. But if you don't spend 95% of your drive time in Hood view like I do, you might not want to do this. Because there are some drawbacks. None of which kept me personally from changing that value in all of my V8 engines. What you get in Hood view with that value is a throaty but smooth rumble that is very pleasing and umm...sexy. lol