1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

The Realism Aspect of BeamNG.dive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monte379, Sep 23, 2015.

1. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Hello all,

I would like to share what is on my mind about how this game compares to real life and how some people may not be aware of certain things.

I always saw that there were different differential choices to choose from, limited slip, welded and open but I never actually tested them. I was at grid map and had the left side of the Moonhawk on the ice and the right on the grid. With the limited slip it acted like real life and the wheel spun around at a high rate on the ice and on the grid part the right wheel didn't spin no wear close to the speed of the one on the ice. Then I changed to the welded differential and again, like real life the wheel on the right had to spin as fast as the wheel on the ice so it was squealing it's tires and making skid marks.

Now about weight. If you strip a vehicle down or just take some parts off the vehicle it will increase in speed because it doesn't have to move as much mass and it will handle a little different. It is also fun to drive in manual and along with all the other realistic aspects of BeamNG it makes it that much more fun to drive.

These are just some of the ways in which BeamNG compares to real life and maybe some of you didn't pay attention to and will have a better appreciation for the game.

Finally I want to thank all the devs for their hard work and making truly an amazing and accurate vehicle simulator.

2. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Yes it really is amazing how real this is. I dont always think about those factors but when I do its amazing how realistic this game is. I also want to say thanks to the devs for there hard work.

Attached Files:

• 2015-09-19_00025.jpg
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe more people aren't posting on this. I'll just say BeamNG is the most awesome, fun, exciting, thrilling
    experience I've ever had with a computer. I have not, nor will I ever, forget the day I found this program. I remember
    and have occasional flashbacks of, the smell my lame ass Toshiba i3 laptop made after it's first 3 hours of endless
    wrecking in the tech demo. That wonderfully acrid smell of fresh ozone filling the room along with that beautiful
    bright white GridMap.

BeamNG unleashed a spellbinding onslaught of latent and hopelessly trashed computer art dreams. Ever since my first
    quarter went into a Donkey Kong machine I have always wanted to create worlds to play in but was always inexplicably
    shot down by the daunting and nightmarish reality of math and alien CAD programs. The wonderful decision by the
    BeamNG devs to use Torque3D in all it's free glory, along with a healthy dose of long awaited maturity, has allowed
    me to actually start realizing that dream and actually feel the awesome feeling of creating something people can
    drive on! I have never felt a feeling of creativity like this in my life.

However, what really blows my fucking mind to this day the most is the fact that a group of people on this planet
    actually have the same deeply rooted love of real time deformation physics and the passion to share that with others.
    Everyone in this community has a passion for this in their own way but as a whole I have never felt this close to a
    group of people interested in seeing vehicles perform and wreck and loving it. As with the artistry side, the doors
    have been blown wide open to a passion I've always dreamed about since I was eleven years old. Thanks to this
    group of people I can now control a vehicle realtime and in slow motion and have it do anything I want and watch
    the real results. I'm just so damn amazed this dream actually came true in my lifetime.

I feel like I've found a magical fantasy land that no one, I mean no one, in my non-BeamNG life gets, understands
    or comprehends. I love it.

A heartfelt thanks to all the devs, map makers, modders and wacky zany community members for a wonderful
    and healthy addiction I can be proud of.:cool:

Disclaimer: I wrote this post of my free mind and uncoerced by alcohol or marijuana.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice