The Square Wheel Experiment

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by NewoFox, Oct 2, 2016.

1. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

I'm not really suggesting this as official content, but I think it is on the same level of practical application as the official skid-plates. It'd be interesting if there were a bunch of polyhedral-shaped tires (3-20 sided) to fool around with, with either steel deforming rims or an amount of rubber padding around it.

Myth-Busters did it and proved it could work, but I'd like to see if it is driveable.

The same could go for silly things like manhole covers:

#1 NewoFox, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

This would be interesting to have.

3. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Very good idea, imagine a square wheel t series

• Like Like x 1
  4. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

I honestly feel like there needs to be more mods for weird types of "tires" as well as silly wings(for example just oversized wings, ones that provide lots of side force but not much downforce, fins similar to old 50's and 60's cars had that would only give sideforce and various other things like that) and more extreme suspension setups as while I wouldn't say they would be easy to make they would certainly be easier to make than entire new vehicles and in most cases they would provide more variety than even a whole other car. think of the donk wheels mod or for an even more simply example the universal wheel mod, that's something as simple as just having bigger wheels, but it adds more variety to the game than perhaps a minivan mod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice