WIP Beta released The Tennessee USA Roane County 0.71 Beta Discussion/Suggestion/feedback Thread 19.3.1

HUGE 175sq/mi, 193+ miles of roadway, US40 highway, 3 Towns, Signs, Working Traffic Lights, Trees

1. Snowstorm

Snowstorm
    Expand Collapse

I think you mean pep-boys when you say they charge too much for stereo installment... not sure how you would flub that name tho....

2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

They all charge too much. 100 bucks or more for what... connecting 12~24 wires that are all color coded, wrapping each in electrical tape... and then stuffing the unit in the dash? Seriously! A kit is like 20~30 at most for most vehicles, like my double-din kit I got, I bought the nice brand, Scosche or however you spell it, for the Toymotor I have here and to put a double-din dvd player unit in my car, the kit cost like 24~25$ USD, shipped. I could have cheaped out, but I don't have to cut the wires or anything, 100% reversible should I want to sell the car or if it gets turned into a Accord-ion by a speeding truck or errant motorist. Even the old 90s fords were like... two pairs of 8 wires and an antennae adapter. Everything's color coded. It takes like 30~45 minutes at most, if you're smart and have everything ready, 20 minutes max.
    Never-mind I've had the unit for over 20 months and still haven't installed it... I don't think I even turned on my stock radio that's STILL in my car in like... 5 months... heh. It will get installed one day hopefully before it gets too chilly!

Spent more time working on the mega-super-duper-center parkinglot of SPRAWL*MART ...

This should line up to a trailer quite nicely! Yes, below-grade loading docks, for all you truck-driver guys out there. They're on both the left and right side of the super-center.

The super-center lot in these pictures is only half done, but there's progress!
    Dark texture on 3d driveway model (and road patch) pieces is working *NOW*... it wasn't, even though I thought I fixed it before. It shouldn't be an issue anymore.
    Now all the driveways/lot entrances won't have to be the same color!

#662 bob.blunderton, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Not too much aside of most ALL the curbing is done at the super-center except the building-front itself.
    Some of the grass-fill is done in the tight spots, the quick stuff isn't done yet, that's tomorrow.
    I may or may not have power on Tuesday when the hurricane remnants hit (will be a tropical storm or tropical depression with 45~50mph winds). Well I will have power with the generator, but I won't have internet if the lines go down.

The square grass may still be evident, it will be gone in the next previews.
    Don't know if that will remain a Burger World or something different will be there.
    There will be another fast food franchise but I won't spoil it yet.

We're about 1900ft elevation. It won't flood here until the world ends; at which point, I will mail-order an ark from DavidinArk and be set.
    So never-the-less I should be fine (hey, did my yard today so it's not a mile high after all that rain), but still, my best wishes to those less fortunate to be stuck in a location getting a Hurricane (be it Irma, Jose in the near future, or Harvey in the recent past).
    THIS is why I do not live in an area with gobs of tornadoes (we're actually a hot-spot for those in Feb-June, we have a 4' crawl space on concrete walls with truss rafter, if need be, not even an f5 will get us down there), or Hurricanes... occasional earthquakes (not too severe) I can deal with. Biggest earth tremor we had since I've been down here is the 4.3 (?) in Kentucky in August 2012.
    However, there was a Tornado about 1 mile or slightly less from the back of the house in Feb/2012. Hope we don't have another year like THAT one. Again, best wishes to all those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma. Hopefully Jose misses mainland US but I doubt it will. Hopefully I get up on the roof tomorrow to stop the damn leak before the hurricane remnants get here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

THIS MAP LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! Just keeps getting better and better! Nice job!!!

although my rig can't handle it just like every other good map.

-cries-

5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

>gas station says snake oil

Holy crap that's hilarious.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You'll get a new one eventually. Start asking around for junk computers or broken ones. Eventually after a few you should luck out with enough parts to make something better for yourself. I used to do it as a kid and even as an adult when I had other financial obligations or was just feeling 'too cheap to pony up'. There's always a time and place, and 'every dog has his day'. There's always DOS games in DOSBOX, and freebies like OpenTTD to play if you don't have much power in your PC. Trust me, Tank Wars NEVER gets old!
    Yes! It's @Occam's Razer 's gas station but I needed to make it say something fresh and new. So, with all the 'malarky' and hub-bub going on the last 15 years with oil companies, Snake Oil fit the bill! Trying to do parodies on all the franchises since there's a such thing as trademark mis-use in the United States. Not everyone will get all the jokes but it's surely adding some character to the map.
    That's one of the more fun parts of mapping, and also, most surely will make for great crash compilations.

More updates to the shopping center, amazing the difference removing square grass and adding a bit to the median makes! Well OK a few signs too. Just needs trees, occasional rocks, and parking-lot variation textures. The parameter walkways around the buildings themselves are not in yet. The place that occupies where the Chinese restaraunt is to go, has not been filled yet. I will do that when I have signs for it.
    2 pics near entrance one (south entrance)

2 pics near north entrance (two)...

Service road (not quite lined up with the delineation there, I'll get to that).

Again, last pic, I haven't finished the sidewalks immediately in front of the buildings yet, those and some trees and parking-lot variations will be in the next shots later tonight or tomorrow (whenever).

#666 bob.blunderton, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

AI lines are in and most of the finishing touches are in. Full AI lines in the parking-lot to allow for good AI use, for car-crash guys.

Hopefully managed to fix the roof today, too. Fixed the screws the informants stalking me (very desperate, and going for broke, at that) removed from my roof, too, corrupt IDIOTS. Brand new house and new roof and they find it funny to pull out screws. You can tell when there's thousands of screws holding the roof down and they can only reach two of them, and those are the ones that are completely gone (but I never saw them loosen, and I look up at them monthly, it's a one floor house with a metal roof). I think in addition to my gun I need to buy a rifle and sleep in my bushes one night when I 'accidentally' leave the backdoor unlocked *lure*. They're stupid enough to take the bait, too. At some point I should upload some surveillance footage of these clowns poisoning things in the kitchen and sabotaging the house. This is why we have such a mass-shooting epidemic in America - they drive people nuts, for profit. It's actually also why Holmes and Lanza went bonkers, sick things they did, they were driven nuts. I don't condone any of the terrible stuff they did, but I do condone standing up for yourself and defending your property. They're gonna find out the hard way when I hook the 220v line up to the damn back-door handle, and throw water all over my back deck, g'heh heh heh. Say hello to Mrs. Crispy. Fried !#$%.

So if I am away for a day or so it's just me handling stuff with the ACLU out of town. I've had it after I saw what they did, this roof is only on it's 5th year (and it's an all metal roof). They sabotaged multiple gas appliances and tried to plug up the house's two different septic systems AT ONCE, by flushing feminine 'corks' down the toilets ALL OVER the house - that none of the women in the house used, ever, mind you. They almost blew up my little niece a few years back in the process, as one of those gas appliances was within 20 feet of her bedroom. Thankfully we have flow-sensing lines here, that if unabated flow is detected, it shuts it down and stops the flow.

So, if you notice all your stuff breaking, people messing with you etc, you might be under some investigation, through no fault of your own even. I am retired, and these fired idiots from 2011 & 700 miles away (the reason why I am retired and have a settlement), keep trying to make my life hell. I will live just to spite them though, so as always for those unfortunate enough to be stuck in America, you poor souls, exercise your 2nd amendment rights. If people harass you, report it, make an incident if you must, just don't end up in jail over that.

So anyways, rant aside, yeah looks like I gotta handle some business at the ACLU *AGAIN*.
    Aside of that, map development continues and is on schedule for an update in a few weeks. I have a lot of work to do on this map before the update goes out. I won't let a bunch of immature idiots with a grade-school level attitude stop me from living my life, especially since I hate them all the way to the bank every month.

At my house, my Ruger is my welcoming committee :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Snowstorm

Snowstorm
    Expand Collapse

Who done what? For real though, who would try so hard to mess with you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

Private investigators trying to prove someone on disability isn't disabled, by my understanding.

Utterly despicable, because being able to climb a ladder and replace a few screws doesn't equate to being able to handle the physical toll of a forty hour work week. Perhaps a person is able to do so, but ends up in crippling pain for the entire night and following day. This is regardless of the matter of whether or not said person can AFFORD to hire someone to come do the job for them, because of the imminent risk of property damage and exorbitant costs of hiring a repairman.

However, the photos they are seeking of said person climbing a ladder won't show that, and will be used to challenge their claim in court..

____

@bob.blunderton - Sorry to hear you are being investigated by vultures - be wary, and if you can, get someone to help you complete whatever tasks they are trying to document you doing, to counter their efforts.

Best of luck with these matters as well as those regarding your work. I am, as always, looking forwards to seeing what you do next.

#669 NewoFox, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

In 2011 about a dozen cops/informants got fired, who wouldn't stop messing with me, so in 2015 I found a bunch more people who were getting messed with, so I told those folks what the idiot informants did and BOOM, was in the news in Lehigh-Valley PA area in july or august of 2015, several informants were caught with drugs poisoning people under investigation. I may never truly know why they were after me but I think they wanted money in the family (they thought we were rich, far from that, we're just not foolish spenders). So they want to make my life a living hell. So I moved down here and bought a gun and they're so scared they're gonna be turned to swiss cheese. Already told the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, ACLU, News (several), Sheriff & Police depts (where applicable) and the FBI CCD (Computer Crimes Division). They made so many mistakes, tried to follow me around and make my life a mess, they stalked at-least half a dozen different people thinking it was me - including some poor innocent 16-year old high-schooler who I happened to know but wasn't directly friends with. In 2008 I happened to cross path with a friend of a friend who's family knew him - and he was crying in their kitchen saying 'This old lady with blue eyes, blonde hair and glass is stalking me in a Green Buick (sedan) and Gold Subaru Wagon, she keeps following me around'. I sent him to the Police Dept after he got the license plate and her general description of vehicle/person. His friends accompanied him. I saved a child's sanity that day.
    I did what any self-respecting person would do when they see a child who has done nothing wrong, in distress, and told him how to handle the situation without escalating it and without violence. This woman blames me for her screw ups. She trashed the kid's garage where he hung out with friends, used a taser on his computer (she was in the house with unabated access), put feces in his clothing, stole his bike, stalked him, harassed him, etc. She did this to MANY people. She also trashed appliances and tried to cause fires.
    Apparently this lady got me mixed up with about half a dozen other people, some who had families, some who did not and were just single average people, and went around trying to use me as a pawn to wipe my family off the face of the earth and take this large sum of money she ASSUMED we had. She didn't wait for warrants, she wasn't licensed by anyone or certified. If the person had the same hair color as me they were as good as "smashed, trashed/thrown out/thrown in prison".

The things she did also included soliciting my friends, co-workers, boss, etc to mess with me, saying I was 'just bad' or up to no good or secretly this evil monster that her ADHD (need for attention) and OCD dreamed up. She has serious issues, an is very vindictive.
    It became impossible for me to even hold a minimum-wage temp job for a period longer than a day.
    I may never know why I was originally under investigation. However, it was dropped when she was fired in 2011 when she was proven to have no merit, no credibility, and to be a complete looney. She should have been thrown in the slammer. She's tried to attack me in traffic with cars and trucks - at one point I had to drive the car as fast as I could, to get away, in dense rush hour traffic, in the rain, at night-fall (it was winter), like some scene out of a movie.

However, this is one man, who won't be out-driven. Not even when all's I had was a base-model rental.

So I wrote basically a book on what she was doing (among other things, slandering me behind my back because "She's oh-so-tough and must engage in subversive war-fare), and sent it in to the government. She would say anything to make my life miserable, as if she was selling ocean-front vistas for pennies on the dollar in Montana/North Dakota. Except, those are land-locked states, and that's merely Snake Oil Salesman territory. Hence the name for the gas station.

So guess what happened after I wrote the government. She got yet another bout of well-deserved insecurity when she found out I was writing to the government, and so she called and tried to slander me, and without and proof, or court documents of proof, proceeded to slander me to the government, just like she did to me, to all others around me...(because my worst case is reckless driving, and I didn't even lose my license, oh, and I pushed her outta the way in 2004 with my front bumper, when she threw a tantrum in traffic, cut me off and brake-checked me in-front of a truck). This man ain't dying for NO ONE.

ME: Gets fed up and writes grievances to the government telling how this evil fired vindictive informant followed me 700 miles across the county a year after she was fired, and is doing all this illegal stuff to me and then calling me a criminal/felon/whatever to the Police to cover for it.
    HER: Calls said government, and proceeds to do exactly what I TOLD THEM she was doing.
    The plot thickens... the idea-light was really out that day, 'ohhhh-boy was it ever. No-contest Darwinism here.

Bum-Bum-Bummmmmmm!!!

STUPID!
    Just what kind of money-business is that buffoon going to come up with next? ... Only time will tell.
    I need to write this into a book (yeah ok, feel free to tell me it's already a book, seeing as most of my posts are).

On other notes, more positive ones, I've created new signs for a franchise food joint so 'not everything has to be a Burger World', because that would be boring for such a big map (though, with that being said, there's still at-least one BURGER WORLD in each major town/city).
    Please let me know if either of these is too offensive, especially the Chinese food franchise.

I mean, this is not even too tongue-in-cheek to be on the evening news... where I've admittedly seen much much worse.
    Chinese food sign is subject to change! NO offense meant.

Created some store-front graphics so I can stick a store-front on anything now. Woohoo!

More "STORE DOORS" and "STORE WINDOWS" coming soon in a border-line-OCD manner to a county near you!
    "That can't be a store, it doesn't even have 'store doors' on it..." --one of my ex-girlfriends around the year 2000~2001.

All things considered, I still am on the up-and-up as I seem to have successfully fixed my roof without falling the hell off it and busting my back up even more. It's been raining for hours upon hours today/this evening/this morning and not a drop of drink is making it's way in. Even if it leaks again, I will just use tar this time. I don't care if it looks 'bad' it surely works, and is better than feeling like yelling THE SKY IS FALLING, inadvertently trying to audition for CHICKEN LITTLE's part in "The roof strikes back".
    The roofers that installed the roof in 2012 seem to have butt-jointed the flashing around the chimney to the roof for about 4 feet, NOT overlapping it at all, in-fact, leaving a 1/8th inch gap that after a while, opened up and gave us & the couch an opportunity to shower in the living room. So, if this fix fails, I am fixing it by adding another sheet of metal up there or breaking out the tar buckets.

So no worries, I will handle what I must, but as always, map development continues, as this lot has most everything it needs.
    Now, for the next big thing - I will see y'all in a day or two with some more sneak previews.

Best regards
    --me

• Like Like x 1
  11. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

Sausage fest is fine, Fuh King might make me avoid driving anywhere near there with my nephews in the virtual car.

They are young but it would only take a glance for them to say "What's fucking?" and my sister would hang me by the neck until dead.

12. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Move into a state with castle doctrine and take a gun with you at all times. This is not a drill. Loonies can be VERY dangerous too.

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes brother, one step ahead! Castle doctrine here states "If you have no trespassing posted anywhere visible from road or the approach road of your property, and someone is on your property, they don't even have to be in the house for you to legally use deadly force, provided they are not the US Postal Service, Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Government Official etc"
    So basically, if these informants are anywhere on my property and I find them, they can be buried with the pets of Blunderton past :)
    God Bless Tennessee.
    Last year when crime was noted having risen (again, this is likely due to informants, goading people into drugs and a life of crime), they lowered the concealed carry permit by several hundred dollars to keep crime down.
    I love this state.

@NewoFox I will change the chinese food sign. It's too controversial (only takes me 5~10 mins).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Snowstorm

Snowstorm
    Expand Collapse

awwww I thought that sign was pretty nice.... maybe Sum Ting Be Wong Chinese food?

15. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

@NewoFox Okay this should be better (The screenshot, I left interface on, the AI routes are in & works well enough to not RAM curbs except in-town where it's one must leave split-road/in-lane as it's a single pre-made lane for AI).

@Snowstorm ME LIKEY! I will have to use that for another business! "Sum Ting Wong Oriental Cuisine".
    Regardless, this way I won't get bamboo-sticks-under-the-fingernails torture from one of the moderators/devs :)

Yes, you can tell it to take you to Kingston Burger World, or Rockwood Sprawl Mart Chinese Food, etc - it's actually already mostly in, the map was designed with this from the ground up - most of the roads have their names.
    RW / Rockwood for ROCKWOOD
    Harriman for (obvious!), or Harriman DT for downtown.
    Kingston stuff is Kingston
    WB 40 / EB 40 is respectively West-bound US 40 and East-bound US 40 highway.

I will gradually be migrating all the roads to use the built-in lane-minder vs the manual single-lane configs I have set it to forceably.

See, spackling "store-doors" on a commercial building DOES make it look so much more like a store!
    My ex-GF was right!

Maybe her OCD would have proven useful in more ways than I knew.

A bit off-topic:
    Never will forget trying to explain Valve Hammer Editor (Half-life 1, Gold-source engine editor) to said girl-friend. We were about 18~19 years old, both of us, mere weeks apart in age, back around 2000~2001.
    me: This is a rotating door, these are doors that open like typical doors, you use an origin-block as the hinges, and make it part of your object, and then set it to be used or used when you contact it, and if it hurts you or not....
    (here's where I get up and walk to the door to the bedroom of our apartment, and demonstrate the door)
    her, interrupting: That's not a rotating door, THAT'S A BORING DOOR!
    laughter insues here, complete loss of accomplishing anything productive...
    She was right though, a typical hollow-core luan interior door is incredibly boring, never-mind outright CHEAP.

So all things learned, that was a boring door, wasn't it?

Back on-topic:

Someone wanted a car lot:

"Hate Tanks" = large hateful looking, heavy old cars, like an 84 Oldsmobile for example :)

The future PLASTI-CAR dealer:

it needs the ground texture changed to the one where it will match the rest of the map, not the ugly lime-green grass from ECA.

#675 bob.blunderton, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  16. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Introducing:

FEE FIRST Bank and Distrust, A Least Fidelity Banking Corporation

The things along the main route take the most time (few hours per lot), where the houses take 5 minutes per lot, maybe.

The main route through Rockwood is starting to look a lot more filled in!

I did build a few homes thus far filled in 'about a block' worth. Haven't quite finished them up yet, close though (they're reversed-frontage lots where the back of the property faces the main road, due to the main route through town being something newer than the town itself - guessing Eisenhower days caused that as it is a state route).

Edit: did finish Sausage-Fest parking lot but someone's question for map advice via Steam got in the way.

#676 bob.blunderton, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  17. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

If you add a second bank you can always be inspired by payday.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That is the 2nd bank, I've got a Wachalovaya "Walk all over you" bank in there too.
    If it's PAYDAY the Rock Star game, I haven't played it. I actually don't even have any of their games on my PC at the moment though I've played some GTA in the past. GTA feels so last-generation, like 'matchbox cars' after this game, though - especially when you can make a whole world in this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Snowstorm

Snowstorm
    Expand Collapse

I think he means PAYDAY from Overkill studios, not Rockstar

20. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

On Business names -

Big Wong Chinese is a lot better, in my opinion. Is it a family's name? Is it a family name chosen by a generic and failing corporation in a cheap attempt at sounding authentic? There's are several different ways in which it can be read, resulting in a myriad of of possibility for interpreted jokes rather than strictly one, while still sounding both satirical and plausible.

On "Sausage Fest" - it is pretty tame as is, but I feel as if "Sausage Festival" might be more subtle, while still invoking the same apparent joke to anyone looking with the right (or wrong) mindset. I also feel like it may fit in better with the general satirical theme running between business titles, as it is anything but a festival. The title points out the stark contrast of what businesses claim to be when compared to what they are (a tiny fast food restaurant with no play place).

I think "FEE FIRST Bank and Distrust, A Least Fidelity Banking Corporation" is brilliant. I laughed seeing it. It wouldn't be out of place in the slightest in the background of a political cartoon or as the name of a business in the Grand Theft Auto universe.

A possible rephrasing could be "A Non-liable" or "No Liability," Banking Corporation, but it really is great as-is.

On the development in Rockwood - I've driven down that road so many times that I was really only able to recognize it because I recognized the hill in the background off to the right and the distribution of street lights down a rail straight road. Amazing work. Same with in other locations - they look spot-on and plausibly real.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice