WIP Beta released The Tennessee USA Roane County 0.71 Beta Discussion/Suggestion/feedback Thread 19.3.1

HUGE 175sq/mi, 193+ miles of roadway, US40 highway, 3 Towns, Signs, Working Traffic Lights, Trees

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Harramin default spawn, go WEST along road until you see train tracks.
    Rockwood Spawn, should be right next to spawn (less than one block away).
    Rockwood Burger World Spawn, should be right west of it one block.
    Kingston has no train tracks.

Tracks go from Rockwood to Harramin, and from Harramin to the Fossil Power Plant. There's about 12~18 miles of them, I forget exactly how much.
    I don't know exactly, I will keep a watch for this issue. I was playing this map last night for a while and I didn't notice anything wrong except some signs that *I* broke here adding content, but I am going to restore from backup again before I start working on it(I haven't done more than an hour of work on it since it was uploaded)...
    Consider clearing cache out of the game, then retrying. I didn't have anything broken like that on my end that I noticed last night but I will check again later and update this text if I find anything.
    That definitely looks like what another person said, the tree LOD's having an issue with billboard sprites.
    I will look into it, it might just be a problem with cache from the old game in a different format.

2. Kampfansage

Kampfansage
    Expand Collapse

Maybe i'm dumb or so.

But I don't get it, why I should enable Pagefile on my SSD?

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Enable it on any drive you prefer, SSD or HDD if you have both. It will be fastest on SSD though. The wear it makes is minimal unless you bought the cheapest pile of junk you could manage to find. In other words, with modern wear-leveling techniques on SSD's in the last 5 years, using a pagefile on a PAIR of SSD's with MLC-nand chips, on my main PC where I game and play content creation (never-mind use a 20~40gb pagefile at all times on it!), I've only managed to get the drives down to 87% life remaining in over THREE YEARS of use. Constant use, and the machine is always on. I've been making Beamng maps for almost two years now and this Roane County TN project was started in February of 2016.
    So it won't wear your drive much if that's your worry.
    You need pagefile to store large data-sets that have to do with the physics data and similar things from the huge forest brush collision data. The forest brush isn't just trees but it's pretty much everything that isn't a road, bridge or the land or water itself. Signs, homes, walk ways and drive ways, trees, poles, bushes, etc, it's all forest data. The collision for these 10,000's of objects, is somewhere in the neighborhood of many GB's of information. The more info that can be stored in the page file, the less the game has to work while it's playing, and the less likely you are to see 0xFFFFFFFF error from the game.
    People are so worried about SSD's 'wearing out' but if you have a 1tb HDD and a 1tb SSD, the HDD indeed may break before the SSD wears out due to having moving parts.

I have an all-SSD machine and I use the heck out of it. It's not going to go belly-up because of the page-file though.

EDIT: If you have 32+ GB of RAM you might not need your page file, the most combined I have used of System RAM and Pagefile is 40+ GB (a little over).

4. E.652 169

E.652 169
    Expand Collapse

I have the 0.85 version.
    Maybe can the game doesn' t spawn them for my low PC? (I use the low settings)

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That's odd, I will have a look at it, could be the case as it won't spawn grass on Lowest/Low (IIRC).

They do work on LOWEST. Hideous gfx, but it works.

Settings used depicted above. Look Ma, Caterpillars - no wait, that's grass.
    Normally I use high and highest to test maps, reflections on but minimum settings for them, all other options maxed out. Stock maps I can have reflections on, but Roane County, well, that's just a wee bit difficult.

Map works 100% on the new version, only issue still remains from last version, mini-map HUD app causes weird behavior or lock-up/choppiness of the HUD. DO NOT USE THE MINI-MAP, use in-dash GPS feature.
    Highest setting:

Medium setting:

Lowest (Buy a 486!) setting:

As you can see, it's the sheer amount of models, and the detail of which that slows things down.
    Considering including a detail re-scalar with the map in the future.
    Things that scale with detail are decal road visibility, mesh visibility, terrain detail, texture detail (it's own setting for resolution for VRAM constrained PC's), far distance draw (IIRC), fog quality etc.
    I have a lot of work to do but there's just SO MUCH detail here and no way to really block it off into sections in any meaningful way (like with a long hill, mountain, or tree line, like they have in ECA in the middle with the high hill), that it takes a lot more talent to make this work. Visibility blockers don't work nearly as well as they should - these are usually invisible and hidden in buildings rows, high hills, tree rows, etc.
    I would make the forests more 2d however then I'd be very hard pressed to keep it looking real when you FLY over it, even though not everyone does.
    Lowest = 120fps, Medium = 47fps, High = 44fps. This is mostly models that slow the game down here.
    This shot looks over half of downtown Harriman, or just slightly more than half.
    There is no weird error with the trees either.

Testing, after driving about in all 3 main towns and sprawl mart and spend-a-lot areas, FPS results:
    Lowest FPS listed!
    Harriman downtown: 32fps.
    Kingston downtown: 31.2fps.
    Rockwood downtown: 34fps.
    Spend-a-Lot (from the highway) : 34fps. (it was not as low, as I got closer, it's lowest when heading E on US 40)
    Rockwood Sprawl-Mart (just N of town) : 44fps or so.
    This is MAX everything with NO reflections. Reflections on minimum hits me only 2~5FPS.
    Shadows are ON on highest and medium and are done on the CPU not the GPU.
    Cards that are borderline powerful enough (core-wise) will get hurt a lot more as more fill-rate is needed for reflections and shading.
    Cards that are borderline VRAM-wise would be advised to turn texture detail down quite a bit.
    VRAM needed for those running the map as per GRAPHICS DETAIL and TEXTURE DETAIL setting:
    for detail HIGH: 4gb / 4gb+ for lots of modded vehicles like OLD_FULLSIZE
    for MEDIUM: 2gb is plenty
    for LOW or LOWEST: 1gb or slightly less, 768mb may do in a pinch on LOWEST.
    Some FPS may be higher than what I noted if you have driven through the area already. My FPS noted was what I received on the first drive through, at 100+ mph in a Pessima (88 Pessima AWS with stage 1 turbo), so if you have a slower disk and not a lot of RAM, you will get some micro-stutter and hitching which could drop FPS much more than what I've seen. My FPS includes loading the map things as you drive through, what is not already loaded on level start. FPS is up a very minute % on the new game version but IS improved.

#925 bob.blunderton, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  6. gtoredga

gtoredga
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I know the fps is not a high number in this map but If I got a 7700k @ 4.6ghz a msi 1080 gaming x plus and 2400mhz corsair vengence lpx oc to 2800 mhz. Is it the ram speed that matters the most?

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

RAM speed helps Beamng.drive physics calculations but can also run through the raster of models in the map a little faster, as there's just 'sooooo many of them' which is what's slowing things down. This being a real terrain, real towns, and all, I couldn't really break it up with hills or would ruin the realism of it all.
    You can use the performance checker on the left-side menu of the game (there should be a performance button there with a bar graph on the menu) as shown here:

drive around with that up (yes you can), as much as you can see with it there, anyways. then you'll see if you're CPU or GPU bottle-necked or not. If you wish you can send that screen to me by hitting ALT-o and pasting the link into a message on here.
    Others can feel free to do this also!!!
    Or you can insert it via image on the above-bar (yes!) here just above the "type-the-words-here" box (oh, that's so technical).
    It's not my day today. Seriously considering either finding the people who complained about my map's FPS previously (no not you, you have a 7700k and 1080 gfx) and caning them all, or tossing them into the angry rabid porcupine pit for a few hours, or better-yet, which won't land me in jail/prison/death penalty, fixing my map's models to fall-off detail levels quicker.
    Because lowest gets 140~300+FPS on my PC, yes that's without grass at all. There's little difference between Medium and High provided reflections are OFF both times, this I want to change. It won't look as good model-detail-wise on medium but that's fine.

Try turning reflections off or to minimum on this map. Your CPU should be plenty fast enough here, due to the super-duper high number of models, this map will hit your PC harder than most AAA games will :) My RX 480 8gb can do reflections on minimum on this map but I usually leave them off unless testing for extreme slow spots. With them on minimum, or off, it usually never goes below 30fps unless I've been editing a LONG TIME and returned to just 'play' mode in the game (in 0.10.x).
    30fps is my bare minimum, that I really try not to dip below (due to the fact, the game is stuck @ 30fps in a window while editing, but if it dips below that, it has to wait for the next v-sync, that means, 15fps, which is very bad). Hence why I hacked the plentiful grass models before the last release, to buy that extra 10~15% FPS along with a few other hacks I did. This way, 28.x FPS became 30~33fps.

Obviously, I am going to have to do a LOT of model hacking to get these buildings to knock detail back sooner.
    Either that or just wait to add more detail to complete places like Harramin until they finish up the code on the OCCLUDER's there so they actually OCCLUDE things.

Yeah, that.

A bit more info on RAM speed, HyperThreading/SMT...etc. THIS GETS TECHNICAL! RUN!

If your PC's CPU is doing things like:
    Compiling software, video encoding, physics or other MATH calculations (AI in games, too), ray-tracing, etc...
    This is ALL helped by RAM speed. Further-more, if your application is multi-threaded-aware (SMP), then it will be helped by the scheduler enhancements on i7/i9 (and even, to a lesser extent, i3) over an equal-core-count but lesser-thread-count i5 or 'pentium dual core' processor, because the scheduler can help keep that cpu busy by being it's errand-boy and getting a new process lined up for the very NS (fraction of a millisecond), that the cpu is done with the process and the last process has gone through all the 'hops' necessary to get 'out of the way'. So if you have LOTS of vehicles, doing LOTS of physics calculations, RAM speed helps a GREAT deal, especially when processing more vehicles, and SMT/Hyperthreading helps the CPU cores stay busy even when there's more cars then cores on the CPU, and even when they're not all equally demanding of CPU time (the whole physic simulation won't slow down as much, if you have one fullsize OLDS - a mod - and a bunch of covets, with an i7 as it would an i5).

Fast RAM helps the cpu request and receive data faster, and store and be done with old data faster.
    So yes while an overclocked CPU is great, if you've got a 4+ghz i7, or i9, especially going towards 5ghz that a lot of new Kaby Lake and some Coffee Lake CPU's can obtain realistically, you are REALLY going to be needing that fast RAM speed. Really though, you should do your own benchmarks though. It's not something to pay out the nose for just out of the blue, unless you're going for that LAST FPS, and money is no object. It can however, mean the difference in games like this one and Fallout 4 (yes!) between 50~55fps and 60~65+ fps, especially when all those cores on your CPU are maxed out, and you've got a really fast SSD (so the CPU doesn't have so much time to catch up while everything's waiting on the SSD for more open-world streaming data).
    You can check things out, by under-clocking your ram a good 400~600mhz or so and seeing the affect on your fps. While this isn't a perfect thing to check out, it will make the most difference when the CPU is doing constant large amounts of the same type of calculations (AI, physics, ray-tracing, and so-on).
    Ryzen, for example, gains 10% increase at the least, when going from 2133mhz RAM dual channel DDR4 to 2933mhz RAM dual channel DDR4. In this case, Ryzen does Beamng calculations 10% better than (when clocked the same as) an intel i7 6900k CPU, on x99 motherboard, with 2400mhz QUAD channel RAM DDR4.
    The RYZEN is better because the Beamng engine gets bottlenecked on the single and dual ring-bus implementation of the core-series up until recently. The MESH layout (infinity fabric) which runs at RAM speed on the Ryzen really shines when you use the heck out of the chip, vs the intel CPUs which have been unable to truly stack multi-core performance over single core performance, due to this.

The ring-bus in intel CPUs (dual on higher end i7s on X-series platforms, 8-core and above, dual on older XEONS, mesh on latest model high-end i9s, and newer XEONS), tends to get bogged down like the old token-ring networking for old PC users who know about it, needing to WAIT to contact and sync up with other CPUs and use the cache, etc. This keeps your QUAD core intel cpu from ever being 4x as powerful as a single core, where-as in-stead it is 3.5~3.6x as powerful as a single core. That's how much time you WAIT.
    Not a big deal right, not in a quad core, but on eight cores, you're basically wasting that 8th core, and the more cpu cores wait, the more it has a detrimental effect on every other core, so it can snowball quickly making lag and hitching very apparent. As if it wasn't hard enough to code in a Simultaneous Multi-threaded aware manner (SMT manner).

So yes, TL DR, if you're buying a new PC, get some fast RAM that's known-reported-working and compatible, preferrably on the QVL on the motherboard documents, to go with your new CPU. High MHZ + LOW CAS LATENCY is good, Cas Latency is the delay in ticks essentially the ram must wait for next operation, mhz is amount of cycles per second. So if latency rises with mhz equally, you don't gain too much speed.
    Low Latency high MHZ is what you want.
    IT IS NOT WORTH REPLACING ALL YOUR RAM unless you want that last 10~12% speed out of your PC.
    Samsung B-die based kits are generally favored by cpu's as of late, especially Ryzen, but do your homework and read around. Forums and hardware review sites are a wonderful thing.

--Hope this big technical mess / book of stuff helped!

#927 bob.blunderton, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Small fix to my resource post here, FILE DID NOT CHANGE, if anyone gets notifications NO don't download the whole 8xx.xxMB again. I just corrected some errors, omitted old game version references, and put 'Works with 0.11.x' at the top.

There will be no uploads from me in the next two weeks, however, after that, maybe I can whip up a Chris's Mess present for you folks. Time to dust off an old map.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

Looking forwards to it! In the meantime, I am still driving like hell all over this map, especially the US40 :D

#929 NewoFox, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I will have to go ahead and give these a watch! Thanks for taking the time to make them and I will add them to the heap of video about the map - it was so generous of everyone (you, reviewers, car crash comp. guys etc!) making the videos - thanks again! It's better than 98% of the filth that's on Youtube anyways. I actually don't even have a login for Youtube anymore. My computer forgot it about a year ago and all-knowing google says 'I am not me' when I try to get my password reset. Oh well, they lose out, not me.
    Plus, it's always nice to have video to watch, when you go and turn on the TV, there is an absolute relentless onslaught of Chris Mess being rammed into your brain, ears, eyes, etc. SEPTEMBER 30th I saw the first Chris's Mess commercial as I was walking past the TV - unlucky me - which happened to be on - casting it's Believe-and-Obey (TM) Rays (Welcome to Murica!) into the house. I screamed at it like a crazy person going "NOOOOOESSSSSSSSS" IT'S NOT EVEN OCTOBER!

So yes, in most of November and all of December until about the 10th of January, I don't watch a single show. Nothin'.
    Retailers think they can just shake their 'Spending Bells' at me and the money's just going to fly out. NO THANKS.
    I was raised much too frugal for that, where we'd cut pennies in half to save money (not really, but figure of speech here).

That being said fine print: No I don't have anything against Chris Mess other than calling it that, because that's about the most proper description for what the retailers have made it into. I am all for religious folks believing in whatever they feel like believing in that both makes them happy and gives them guidance/keeps them on the right track (provided they don't hurt others in the process like a terrorist would). I just really despise going to a store in December, having worked at one a decade or two back, can't stand the music as it repeated endlessly, and my PTSD doesn't seem to dig the crowds anymore. Not quite Agorophobic or however-you-spell-it, but I'd be a good runner up in 20th place or so!
    Don't worry folks, DO NOT WORRY, you will not download this map and get a wool sweater in-stead.

That's okay, about 5 years ago I joked with family at a social, about the time "when I was 10 and just about cried getting a sweater in-stead of toys or money from Grandmama", and some smarty-Alec went and bought me one.

Not just any sweater, but a sweater from K-Mart. I didn't know our town even had one (which, on second thought, I drive past going to the store weekly), let alone anyone still shopped there. Upon going into one, it reminded me 100% both of what one looked like in 1986~1988 when I was last inside of one as a child; and also of why no one really shops there.

So I shall dust off one of my old maps, and do something new with it, and hope to have it ready in-time.

I have also gotten the performance up another 20% or so on this map, combining this with the extra 10% avg FPS increase you got on the 0.11.x.x plethora of updates-and-hotfixes, and you have a whopping 30% better.
    31FPS is now 40~42FPS. This is GOOD!
    I am going to further attempt to reduce FPS bogging around the trees by having the detail fall-off at a sooner rate (so they 'billboard' or 'go two-dimensional' sooner. You won't notice it unless you're flying, and well, if it really bothers someone THAT much, well I don't know what to say. It's the sheer AMOUNT of models in this map, that causes slowdown, compounded by the detail on said models.
    Sheer amount of models = CPU LAG (fixed up with reducing draw distance cut-off slightly)
    Sheer amount of DETAIL (on all models) = GPU LAG (this can be remedied by setting things to medium or low but looks ugly)
    So reducing the draw distance a bit, helping free up the CPU to feed the GPU more, helps lots. Reducing the detail levels a little bit (hopefully, it will go mostly un-noticed as I don't want to ruin the look I worked so hard for) on the objects displayed, when they're further away, will bring more FPS in the future.

OK so enough of my rambling.
    For those who Don't want to have read through all this, without any gain from it here you go!
    SEE PIC AT BOTTOM FOR HELP!
    In THELEVELINFO you want to adjust lines 6 and 11, which are VISIBLEDISTANCE and FOGDENSITY
    Then adjust line 12 FOGDENSITYOFFSET (this is how far before fog starts, from the camera, set to liking or use my ###).

Visible Distance = 2048 (old, 3200), number is in METERS
    Fog Density = 0.00135 (this is a little higher, about double what it was around .00064 or so before)
    Fog Density Offset = 100~400 (suit to taste, I used 250 here so far view cut-off isn't obvious, this doesn't really affect FPS, just quality and the possibility if you use a number too high, you might see the far-view cut-off in spots)

For folks that can't figure it out, go to the f11 map editor, hit f1 to make sure you're in object mode, then type LEVEL into the top of the drop-down list-view on the right, click THELEVELINFO object that comes up and match up those 3 values.
    Save when done if everything looks okay like in my screenshot (the screenshot reflects those values and is what you'll get).
    I guess ALT+O doesn't work in the editor anymore! Had to use old way of adding a pic for this.

--Cheers, best wishes, I envy deaf people right now for the month of December, Etc :)

Attached Files:

• 20171130230517_1.jpg
    #930 bob.blunderton, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

I can totally relate on the Christmas front... I never saw a 'war on Christmas' so much as 'Christmas's hostile take-over of the rest of the year.'

It's nice to hear that you are making headway optimizing the map - I don't have many problems with it, but I am sure other users will greatly benefit from the changes. I'll still try out your recommended alterations though to see what impact it has of course, so thanks for the info :D

On the subject of BeamNG and this map, I do wish the devs would add a "Prefer major roads" option in the AI menu that could let me chase it on the highway without it taking every exit and curvy road it could find . Of course, that would require mappers to do extra work and designate which sets of pathing nodes are "major roads," but it'd be a neat feature to have.

Sometimes the AI will literally go down an off-ramp only to turn back up an on-ramp and go the other way, only to take the next off-ramp and then another on-ramp to go back the way it was originally going, except going the wrong way on the other side of the free way. Other times it will go down the off-ramp only to make a u-turn and go right back up . At it's worst, it will circle the same block ad-infinitum, because any time I pass the AI controlled vehicle in the helicopter on "flee," it'll try to turn. On the plus side, it has made me a much better pilot in the long run, but on the down side, it does not make it easy to line up a dramatic shot.

It is why the following video takes place (almost) entirely at one end of the US40:

What "targets" are the end points of the US40? I might have better luck setting them to pursue that than "random" and "flee," but I could not figure out which ones were the true "ends" last night. On that front, I had the idea that perhaps it'd be helpful if the major 'targets' were prefixed with "1_," "a_," "edge_," "end_," or something similar that would cluster them together and put them near the top of the list, as understandably there are MANY individual AI path nodes on this map to choose from. It'd just make things a little easier, from the video-making standpoint.

Regardless, keep up the great work Mr. Blunderton!

#931 NewoFox, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there's just too much Chris-Mess. It's downright offensive to the point where I hear bells/jingle-bells I leave the room.
    It's been getting worse and I just want to kick the TV in.
    I'd rather listen to a Soundblaster 16 from 1995 murder classical midi files as only an FM-synthesis sound card can do.
    On loop, in Windows at that (which was arguably worse than dos FM game patches would do).
    IS THIS BLASTED HOLIDAY OVER YET!???

I share your feelings on the 'major routes only' topic. Not yet I'm afraid.
    The map will have full one-way road support in the next version.
    As I said before, the map will have slightly better performance in the next version also, I am assuming this will help borderline PC's better than those with higher-spec systems (it still helps here, with a 4790k and Rx 480, but I am reaching the point of diminishing returns here that hurts quality more than helps FPS).

I will work on getting those targets grouped. I will also make more obvious END targets. They're partially grouped already but I think only I understand these, sadly. It's not very intuitive. Clicking points on a graphical map would be better by a long-shot. Maybe I should suggest this to the developers.
    There's a sign or two missing on my map in the new version (PlastiCar Dealer by Sprawl-Mart). Wonder why it broke in the new version. It's made like the rest of the signs. Could just be a typo.
    Some typos in the materials file for ROADS have been fixed. There were 3, maybe I was drinking when I did those, oops. Didn't really affect what you see though, oddly. The game seems to soldier through most of my errors.

Already knocked OAK TREE (the trees that are everywhere in the map) detail down, so if they slow your GFX card down, they shouldn't be as bad when you're near a bunch of them. They'll be 2d for longer before going 3d level of detail as you drive up, due to the fact that they're behind something 50~75% of the time when they're that far away anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I had to delete every last mod just to get this map to load.
    The PC runs other games fine.
    I don't know what's wrong with this or WHY this thing suddenly started acting up and not loading the map (no matter what I did).

I literally had to - completely eradicate the mods folder in it's entirety
    delete the settings
    put the map zip in \mods not extracted into \levels
    then it decides to work. After 30+ minutes of trying to make it work.

What? Why? I don't know. All's I want to do is try to make the FPS better.

For what it's worth...
    SCREENSHOTS BELOW SHOW FPS COUNTER, SEE THESE FOR PROOF!
    FPS is about 33~200+% better than before (depending on where you are, your hardware, etc)
    Fast CPU + worse GPU will improve more than those who are CPU-limited (won't improve much then).
    What was 30 before the update (33~34 after) is now 45~50 fps.
    What was 40~45fps is now 58~60fps+.

This is what it looks like now, running much better.
    So some of the view distance is lost. I am trying to keep it at-least this good on view-distance by incorporating more changes on a model-level (after I re-sync the new stuff in from ECA, my stuff is from 0.5.x game version).

Harriman test:

Before: 29~42fps (this was the slowest spot in the whole map, Downtown Harriman)
    Now: 50~62+fps (it's just shy of double, most spots that were 30~35 are 50~60fps now)
    It's the damn Oak trees, there's so many, well I changed those so they LOD faster. BIG BOOST.
    Settings I am using here:

All on high/enabled, no reflections. My last tests were without it that I am comparing to, so it's direct.
    Reflections only knock me down another 6~12fps tops. Higher core-count/RAM speed gpu does better.
    (6 on minimum, usually around 12fps slower when maxing reflections)
    Rockwood test:
    Before: 32~52fps
    After: 50~70fps

Then there's that spot on the highway. It was one of the worst spots on the map. By the AWFFLE HOUSE and SPEND A LOT store interchange.
    It used to be 28~44 fps
    Now it's 80~102+fps

I just hope it decides to load tomorrow.
    I am hacking up all the models at a text editor level (because Bob still can't model), so it takes time, and I have to work around my migraines.

Thankfully my migraines HAVE BEEN LESS since I decided to pry the aerator screening off our faucet since it would NOT unscrew. It was full of BLACK MOLD, which not only will give you rockin' headaches, but will kill you if you ingest enough of it. I was taking enough of it in that I was getting sore throats, etc.
    Check your faucets folks.

Proof is in the pudding (screenshot FPS counters) and I'm nowhere done with model hacking (don't expect night/day difference but I might be able to throw a few more FPS in). Expect good things if this game doesn't "drop the soap" again.
    Start game, switch to preferred car, drive to all 3 towns, RAM use stays JUST under 6gb.

#933 bob.blunderton, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

My experience with Amazon here in 'Murica:

1 LSI MEGARAID card to run backup drives while I work and keep extra stuff online for content creation (so drive failure doesn't take down projects).
    Still working!
    4 Cables for said drives, power extensions - all but one still working
    2 Server-grade / enterprise solid state - both DOA or died shortly after. Seller is not responding. None working!
    1 Generic off-brand mlc-nand solid state with Phison controller - working great, go figure!
    1 Most reliable 2tb Hitachi surplus stock brand new server-grade HDD - DOA, spins but does not detect on 3 different controllers. Backblaze reported about 1% failure rate per drive year, single best drive ever made.
    2 existing HDD's discovered failing, one is a 5 year old WD Velociraptor drive, 500gb, will replace, one is a Seasick, I mean SEAGATE 7200.11 1tb, they're rubbish & Seagate sucks so it doesn't suprise me. Worst drive brand out there = Seagate.
    3 Locally purchased drives and 1 video card locally purchased, all still working without a hitch.

Lesson learned? Amazon.com will be lucky if I ever buy any hardware from them again, and it certainly won't be any type of disk drive from my computer!!!

It's also funny to watch the informants that got fired 6 years ago beat the snot out of my mail/packages all the time, and other antics (like trying to ruin the garden, spray poison on the vegetables, or deliberately trying to sabotage a decoy vehicle I bought solely to lure them with and never intended to drive).
    Way to treat a physically disabled person buying Chris Mess presents for his family and friends that still mean something.

Welcome to 'Murica. This is why people are loosing it in this country and committing asks of violence in public putting us all in danger.
    I hope this above bit helps when deciding your next purchase.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Luckily, Amazon should take care of you. And if you complain enough, you might be able to get a gift card to get an extra knick knack for Christmas.

What the hell did you do the delivery people to make them hate you so much? The most mine do are leave expensive ass packages in plain view or never knock and say I wasn't home.

16. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

heh

17. CanadianGrizzlyBear

CanadianGrizzlyBear
    Expand Collapse

I didn't take the time to read thru 40 pages of posts so I don't know if it's been asked or not, but did you use Google Maps, or do you live there? We live in Tennessee, in Jackson County.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I live in Cumberland County (that starts at the time change, IIRC), about 30 minutes west of where this map is for those that wondered.
    I don't live in the map area itself. I had a good time driving the highway here and intend to make more of the stretches towards Knoxville, as they've got many many turns. They're a hoot to drive from Knoxville all the way up to the time change (heading west out of Knoxville on US 40).
    Good to hear from locals, I've been messaged by quite a few now. Love it down here, nothing but beautiful country and more and more country. It certainly is a driving paradise with all these winding roads and such. Until you get stuck behind a Buick Oldington doing 20~30mph below the 45~55mph speed limit, or a minivan, or a drunk in a pick'em'up truck, anyways.
    I used google to plot where the roads go on the terrain, by eye (using the mountains/terrain contours as a guide).

There's also TAIL OF THE DRAGON, which I made, go ahead and enjoy some of that, the whole main route is done, all 12~13 miles or so of it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CanadianGrizzlyBear

CanadianGrizzlyBear
    Expand Collapse

you think there's a chance that you could make another map like this?
    if so, could you try to make any of highway 111? goes from Chattanooga to Cookeville. just a few places would be cool, like the split with 70 that goes to McMinnville, or anywhere where it runs with Highway 8. all of it's a scenic route, so I suggest you drive the whole road when you get a chance.

20. jschadle

jschadle
    Expand Collapse

I somehow missed the .85 update, and I feel really bad about it. Great work on Kingston and the FPS is quite an improvement. Also loving the new signs. I'll update that skin pack I made real soon, as it's pretty much done. I'm adding Worst Buy and Burger World skins for the dry van. If there's an OOPS building i'll add that one too, but I didn't see it while driving around Kingston.

#940 jschadle, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice