WIP Beta released The Tennessee USA Roane County 0.71 Beta Discussion/Suggestion/feedback Thread 19.3.1

HUGE 175sq/mi, 193+ miles of roadway, US40 highway, 3 Towns, Signs, Working Traffic Lights, Trees

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, good idea, I'll have to build one! Will put that on the to-do list before the next release.
    Great idea there my friend. I have to build a Cracker Barrel restaurant, so I will possibly call it 'Joes' "now you can eat".
    That's odd, I'd say it's either a driver bug (with Nvidia cards only, thus far), or a game bug. My map would either 'break it all the time' or 'break it none of the time'. It's likely just a game bug, I have heard of the same black boxes on the green striping of the 'Snake Oil' gas station canopy off Westel Road (1st interchange if you start at the West end of US40 spawn point).

Yesterday (don't think I posted this it was getting rather late) I made a not-so stellar 'filler' quality mock up of the shed sales place "Sir Sheds A-Lot" storage solutions, it sells GARAGES, since I don't have shed models here (oops). Big sign letters stating GARAGE SALE explain the difference. We do with what we have, what we can, right?

...and...
    Just so no one misses out, I posted this to the 'Development screens' thread earlier:

Nodeway Inn ! It's early so pardon the quality / unfinished state.
    Just down the road from the Shoe-in's I posted yesterday.
    Likely will take 2+ days to build this lot up. This is one of 2 buildings...
    *Windows are a bit dark, that won't be like that when it's done.
    EDIT: Stairways are in, back parking lot rough-grade is in.

This is a google location (the hotel across the road, if you move forward down the road a bit, is the one I am working on building).
    https://www.google.com/maps/@35.907...4!1sDzSgj9H4yBgLHCuIdQ-ShA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Again it's not done yet, but stay tuned to the Roane County TN discussion forum for more progress shots as I don't always post them here.
    and, yes, yes that crossover in the median makes an AWESOME jump in the middle of a VERY straight level sections of roadway (well 'level' compared to the rest of the map).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So, I want to pick some brains here. There's a guy explaining the FIU Bridge collapse.
    The bridge collapse itself is HERE (see below).

Please make sure the little ones are in bed, while it's no swearing and nothing terrible, it's not something they should see; but I doubt you'd get fired from your work for seeing it any more than, say, being on the Beamng site during work would get you fired.

Someone is explaining it here, user AVE, he goes on to state 'well it looks like the top portion broke in the center' blah blah, he was good up until that point, but it did not break in the center, if you watch the 1st video above, you'll see it broke at the top and bottom of where they were post-tensioning the rods (about the 2nd or 3rd from the left rod - and due to concrete curing, concrete shrinks when it dries, etc). So the rods must be tightened (tensile strength being added, so the act of the metal 'rods' or 'bars' - more similar to stranded wire winch cable on a crane than rebar, wanting to return to it's normal state - called metal memory - will put compressive strength on concrete and hence deflect gravity by not wanting to bow - and elongate in the process - downward)....
    So if you could read that mess, you're a genius, and if you can figure out where that guy's explanation went wrong, congrats, you're Einstein!
    The explanation video is here, take with grain of salt:

So that should start at 4:26, if pressed for time, skip to that part, but make sure to watch the dash cam footage 1st.

Pre-stressed concrete beams (and post-tensioned to the same degree), for the sake of brevity is this:
    Multi-stranded wire 'rods' are pulled by hydraulics.
    Concrete is poured to fully encase said 'rods' AND ALLOWED TO CURE FOR NO LESS THAN 2~4 WEEKS to achieve it's proper COMPRESSIVE strength.
    It is done either on the job or at an off-site approve facility appropriately before-hand. (ABC = on site)
    When concrete cures enough to meet specification on it's nominal COMPRESSIVE strength, it is moved into place on the job site, where with proper design spec / engineering it can take X weight. (X = application dependent)
    The physics forces of the steel 'bar' or 'rods' wanting to un-stretch compresses the concrete they're entombed in. Concrete (WHEN CURED FULLY!!!) has *GREAT* compressive strength.
    The steel bars trying to return to original state gives the concrete a force it excells in (compressive strength), which, if any weight pushing down, adds to this tension on the bars, putting even MORE compressive force on the concrete.
    The bars don't want to stretch any further, and so it deflects weight being added (not to mention it's own weight), so it essentially deflects any forces pushing down on it.
    However, if these cables BREAK or snap in any spot, it essentially renders the concrete dead weight with nothing holding it.
    Looks to me like they snapped a rod, or put too much tension on where the bridge broke at 1st. If you pause the video you can see it failed right at the top and bottom of where they were working, the breaks line up the the cross-member (for lack of a better term, the upright portion) indicative typically of sudden loss of tension (strength).

So yeah that's complicated, but if you understand any or most of it, you should be an engineer. I grew up in the concrete business, so yes, this is my thing. If anyone has anything to add, feel free!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Building 1 is DONE. One more to go!
    There's a second hotel but it'll be a common-hallway design and doesn't have balconies, so easy-peasy.
    Time to build: No less than 8 hours.

The railing is new and custom for that building (as is the railing texture). The window/door graphic is brighter now. Will darken the very top-most row of pixels though they're too bright / out of place.
    Overview:

So yes, entirely, I'd say there's a good quarter-mile of new property here. That's only about 4.5 (hotel is half done) different plots though, so there's at-least another good 50 or so to add until there's enough for an update, maybe much much more.
    EDIT:
    There's a SECOND building built now. It's almost done, just need the railing put on (2+ hours or so)...
    That's tomorrow, and the lot needs a bit of finishing, more will be done when I get the service station (another, smaller one), on the bottom right in front of the lot for the hotel buildings (street level).
    See my previous google link for the size/shape of it (it's just south of where I took all those shots and the link is).

The hotel lot will be a spawn point in the future, as the closest on is Harriman, at 3.2 miles to the north, and Sprawl Mart, 4 miles to the south. You know you have a big map when it takes a short drive to get to where your work is. Sure is a good simulator, though. Wish many of my commutes were that short!

Fun Fact ... Roane St. (the road all this is built on, the road from Rockwood to Harriman, Route 27) is a whopping 18.x miles long in this map. It's the longest single road in the entire map (pretty sure). The route 70 alignment east to west might be a bit longer or shorter, will check it out (though it does traverse several different 'roads' as it predates the expressway).

Did get the parking-lot grade done though tonight, finally. Yeah, never mind it's been two days with 8 hours of editing per day (at least) and it's STILL not done. Sheesh! So if you wonder why it's SO LONG between updates on this map, THAT is why.

*No, NO the second building is NOT copy-paste ... it's actually 25% larger or something like that than the 1st building (closer in the shots). Otherwise, it's fairly identical, yes. It's not killing the FPS near as much as GRASS does (for some dumb reason). I will be doing edits to the grass though, soon, to help it not render at all when it's less than 20 pixels a unit (quarter or eighth mile away or something like that).

@synsol My question now is why we can't copy/paste forest objects? Is there a 'reason' for it, or was this over-looked? That is all.
    --Cheers!

#1023 bob.blunderton, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Trump swore at my mother, and said 'Get the F out of my way lady' (he said the word, too, which I won't type in here)... as we were eating in Trump tower in NYC, USA, on a school trip (kids around!), back in like 1992 or so when I was about 10 years old. We won't forgive that. So there ya go folks. Good name for a hotel, an entirely custom one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Much like the new (partial) modular parking-lot kit I've made yesterday, I've made a modular highway kit, also a 'partial' as it has just what's needed, to make up for the lack of precise terrain detail in the map.

Pardon the hideousness of it all, it's just a proof-of-concept shot, this mess won't be here blocking the road in the next upload/release.

So yes, entirely, now I can put the actual road median in without destroying the road-surface because the terrain only renders different elevations at one point every 5 meters or such. That was the trade-off for a large map. So now, I can build the proper median into the roadway, which is awesome and will make sure this map has the detail both the map itself, and the player deserves.

These pieces will be added on an as-needed basis (like where I have all the dark patches earlier, near the hotels where the road elevation is different on each side of the road). Eventually I will have concrete pieces, to use for bridges, too. This should be pretty cool 'when it's used' so to speak; as a mapper, it also gives me much more freedom than before to avoid those invisible dips in the road near edges where it drops off suddenly (enough to sometimes unsettle the vehicle).
    I will make pieces for the other roads as I need them, and I will also be making 'storm sewer drains' to add to some of the other spots too, sparingly, where it makes sense to add them.

So look for more detail, realism and all the same you love from the next release, just 'MOAR' of it. I'll admit, I never thought it'd get to this (a 2 year project and it's barely half-done!) when I put this out. Oh well, might as well finish it!

Edit: THIS is now possible:

If you don't know already, click the picture(s) above to enlarge...

#1025 bob.blunderton, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Tying up loose ends...
    Improved the water look in the center of the road a bit, so later it doesn't look so wavy like an ocean... it's as good as i can make it look now, and possibly about as good as it needs to be.

Finished off the hotel lots, and created a set of tan curbing to match the tan concrete sidewalks.
    Wish I had done that a while ago.

So now all loose ends are tied, next time I open the mapper (or later, or whenever i get to it again) I will be able to put the last two or three remaining lots in and the half-mile or so of forested undeveloped space in after it. FPS is pretty steady... around what the rest of the stuff on that road is (where it's developed, to the north). Consistency is key here.

Will be implementing nulldetail levels to prevent objects from rendering when far enough away, and as such this should help a bit on the GPU side of course, even though it's just 2d billboard sprites at that point, and a LOT on the CPU side as the CPU still has to process what is where in relation to the player for both physics data and collision, and also what to feed the GPU and when. There's LOTS of objects in this map, so the less nearby the player (or moderately far away, to be proper) that has to be rendered, the better the FPS will be. Tests will be done in Downtown Harriman where the FPS is pits and the worst in the map, but it will / should improve map-wide (everywhere). Don't hold your hopes up high but hey if I get 5 more FPS in the rough spots, I will be very happy.

The median and the close side of the road to the camera here is all that needs grass added, the lots are done.

Doing what I can to keep FPS in check. Closed-Beta tests are at least two weeks away or more.
    I have to do something with the FPS or I won't be able to complete or add more to Rockwood, Kingston, and northern parts of Harriman downtown area (and beyond it but still within view-distance). The towns are as dense as they could get, and only stopped due to FPS issues. However, there's always a way, let's hope this NULLDETAIL trick is it.

--Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Lookin' great!

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a bunch, trying here!

Long story short after a day or two that wasn't so productive, I spent most of the night this past evening working on two lots, two new businesses not seen before here. This will be all of the development until the curve a half mile down the road (There really isn't anything except trees until there).

"TARS" AND AUTO REPAIR business, and ICHIBUN JAPANESE RESTAURANT. I spelled 'Restaurant' right, woohoo!
    The grass on the roadway/median and around all the lots is done also (except a few feet of length by the little creek in the median, I have to do more work there later, another 30 minutes worth or so).

Here's hoping to bring you a super-real scene for your crashing mis-pleasures.

Between these two businesses, and the RUMP hotel, the only object used was ONE single object for the cross-over in the center of the road in-front of ICHIBUN, that's it. That's VERY good because it means MOAR detail per object used = more total map detail. There's also a lot of 'wiggle' room even though there's only about 420~425 object slots left before I hit 4000 (max total is 4096 including player spawned objects, or anything in the current mission), if I were to go back and re-do some of the lots and such, and clean up many of the remaining intersections that I haven't yet (which I have been, and is why object count isn't skyrocketing as fast as you'd expect it to do). Sure I could make some custom intersection textures, but if I do that, for each new one I make, it's 1~10MB depending on how big it is. Those only compress by roughly 30~50% so, each one is another 0.5~5mb on the download, not to mention takes more video RAM. I am right on 1gb of VRAM on max detail with one or two cars, so I wouldn't want to go much over that.
    Yes, it really says I am use 989mb of Video memory to run Roane County TN. What happened? It used to use 3890 MB!
    Who knows! Maybe these DDS textures did a lot more good than I imagined they would, maybe MSI afterburner doesn't have a clue what it's doing and is really using almost 4gb. If anyone wants to try on the most recent version of the map and see how much memory they use on the graphics card at max texture detail (reflections only affect FPS not VRAM), feel free!

There's a new spawn point in the unloading/loading zone at Rump Hotel, and it works, too, because I did it via text file editor. I am going to be spending a lot of time fixing the forest brush entries up in the text editor, too. STUPID MAP EDITOR!
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the Red Zone... NO The Red Zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only, there is no stopping in the White Zone. Kudos if you get the reference :)

--Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So I cranked this thing up to FULL REFLECTION DETAIL, MAX EVERYTHING...

22 FPS in downtown harriman, OUCH, on my RX 480 8gb 1300mhz core & Delidded i7 4790k, 2400mhz DDR3 16gb, dual channel. OUCH. NOT GOOD. Haven't touched this area in a while. Used the default spawn to test. Ouchies.

So, thanks to @meywue for the friendly tip of a supported non-render status for models blocks away, nulldetail
    Nulldetail will skip rendering things that would be puny little dots on the screen. It makes the difference between YES detail AND FPS *OR* NO FPS FOR YOU (but it's a nice slide show to look at).
    So I will report back in a day or a few days, to see if this helps!

NO! We don't need to render from super far away, no, I don't need to see grass from a MILE away, you can't even see more than 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile in the fog anyways!

EDIT: Looks promising! Just doing half the houses from Occam's Razer Garfield Heights and doubling the fall-off threshold for detail (1000, 400, 150, null=50) gained a WHOPPING 40% FPS in downtown Harriman, on MAX detail with the car in view (as this is also why reflections reflect lots of butt-hurting gpu-wise in my map).

So yes, after almost going overboard and hence making it look like RACE DRIVIN' all over again (there are fans of it!), I have found a balance between quality, and FPS. The next version of Roane County WILL be better optimized for lower-end and mid-grade GPU's.
    Even a 1080ti on an i7 6900K just manages 30~40fps in some spots, so yes, it's just 'too much' in some spots.

#1029 bob.blunderton, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

If your video card, cpu, or both, are absolute RUBBISH, and you have enough ram (12~16gb preferred!), and you would like to try running a privately hosted closed beta of this map in the near future, PLEASE do get into contact with me via private message! Do not be alarmed if you do not hear back if you private message me about the closed beta for up to two weeks. I will respond when I am expecting to upload/release said closed beta in the coming days to give you time to respond.
    I will be releasing a private, closed beta, with some performance upgrades, which should not affect the visual quality much at all, sometime mid-month this month (April).
    I've taken it upon myself, that, while everyone is fooling around, I'd do something USEFUL that needed to be done anyways! No, not mow the lawn, that's already done (yes I finally did it yesterday, when I had trouble finding the car, and it was in the garage the whole time)...
    Currently the projected best-case FPS improvements are 25~50% improvement on FPS on urban areas (obviously less difference in rural areas), as stated above; I am using downtown Harriman as the test-bed, as that's the worst for FPS.
    Current progress on FPS: 40% (Measured, about 20FPS before, 28FPS after, at default Harriman spawn point).

Should the test go very well, I will publicly release the update with existing small bit of content I've added to the map since it's last major release (not that much, a few new models, a few new business lots, a new spawn-point, e.g. not much has changed when looking at the map as a whole) so as to let everyone with lesser gaming-capable computers enjoy what they've been missing.

Again, big shout-outs to Meywue (not going to tag the name again as already have done so last night / yesterday) for letting me know about some things that I did not know about. Helpful developers make a big difference and is why I love spending my time developing maps for a much smaller audience, VS something like Fallout 4 modding where I would have no hope of ever speaking to anyone there (at Bethesda) with a brain - possibly even if I worked there for 10 years :)

Thanks to everyone who let me know that despite thousand of hours, that my map still performs like poo, and folks who ran around as if their panties were a lite, crying about the performance (sorry, couldn't resist).

Just know the issue is being worked on before I make more progress. *grin*

--Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty neat having a playable map with the reflections CRANKED to max, although it's playable, it's a bit rough - still making some progress though. Haven't noticed any bugs or glitches at this point, it's still show-worthy (as much as any other day).
    Now the floating trees down by Rockwood, those gotta go. There's a few out that way. Will have those fixed when I find them all again and am mapping (one does not do mapping things + work on models, working on models is very game crash worthy it seems, so I wouldn't want to do double work in the event I lose progress, everything was backed up last night before I started messing with the models). I always back up things. Unless you're completely out of space (which then you should buy some more, or pay by the month for more, which can be cheaper in short-term), there's no reason not to back up.

OOOH Shiny, a car flew by!
    In car views were not quoted in FPS, I did so using free-cam which is always 20% worse than in-car views, it's bouncing 30~45+ around here though outside the vehicle. The towns have improved on average 25~50% in most spots, some spots not even 25%, but the worst offenders in Harriman have been nicked. Will do the rock walls and the ECA buildings too, in the near future, those don't need to be rendered when they're little teensy specs on the horizon, couldn't see them from that far anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

any chance of a mudding area deep in the woods, really enclosed and tight, unlike the large pond your map currently posseses? as well as possibly a few Easter eggs and ruins spread about in the woods, to give the map an adventurous feel? :D

this map is my new favorite, by the way!

13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I might eventually put more mudding areas in, eventually, don't expect it overnight or even next week, but they're on the to-do list, surely. If they weren't then, they will be. Mudding areas will be put in near off-road areas.
    There's a bit of mud by the waterfall and some just north-east of the spend-a-lot spawn, but in actuality, it's very under-utilized here. Though to be honest I can't get very detailed with the mud, because of the low ground resolution but I can make a mud track etc. When we get tiled terrain support it will be possible for me to fix this and add detailed mudding areas as the map deserves to have.

There is some destination on the AI destination box (for manual destination) that says 'MAKE AI DROWN ITSELF' and it goes and sinks in the mud/water automatically by the spend-a-lot store not far from the Samuel Rayburn Memorial bridge. It was originally a gag, but I left it in.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

wait... you made working GPS?... i need to test that out! :D

15. andrewaa22

andrewaa22
    Expand Collapse

can some one make a train or hi -railer for this

16. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes the GPS has some ten-thousand destinations or something even higher than that number.
    RW = Rockwood
    DT_HARRIMAN = downtown Harriman near the spawn point
    Harriman = all that space south of Harriman, even the Spend-A-Lot spawn is technically in Harriman rural area yet.
    Kingston = near the original Kingston Burger World spawn
    DT_RW = Downtown Rockwood, don't know if this is used/implemented yet but will be.
    Sprawl_Mart is technically in Rockwood on this map, even though it's closer to 'Cardiff' village/town, which isn't realized yet.
    Westel is on the west edge of the map, the last official exits of the highway is Westel Road.
    US40_West_End is west end of highway turn-around
    US40_East_End is east end by Kingston Worst Buy business, turn around.

AI_GUIDE is usually an invisible AI path for it to navigate parking-lots realistically (for what it's worth, these implementations were the first for Beamng.drive and all my maps have used them since I started mapping, the developers actually used this for West Coast, so yay I helped make BeamNG.drive better). I also use the to 'cheat' the AI into thinking there's a road where bridges are, and have done so for over two years to get them across all bridges in my maps.
    Parkinglot_snake = same thing, it's just a longer, more windy version, Stall_Finder is same thing, like for Sprawl Mart, it is one that traverses all the lot as if you were looking for a parking spot (called a 'parking stall' technically). Yes, I actually have parking lot blue prints on my SSD here, to reference when designing parking space sizes, as I couldn't solely use the ones from ECA for everything. Many times (too many to count) I've been looking up DOT spec blueprints so that I could properly make things the first (eh, or the second) time around.

So yes, there's plenty and I MEANT PLENTY of named AI destinations. MANY (but not all) of the roads are named.
    Pull up the AI CONTROL app from the APP tool in the menu. Add this APP and then press NO COCKPIT checkbox, so it doesn't distract from realism while in cockpit (interior) camera view.
    You can now find out even what road you're on by choosing DEBUG > NAVGRAPH view.
    This will show you ALL AI navigation routes and also, the AI will sometimes even attempt to go the proper direction on the road unless going the wrong way is shorter somehow. Just shut off the debug mode if it is too distracting.

It'll tell you if you're on Decatur Hwy, or Pine Ridge & Ruratin road. It'll tell you if you're on Roane St. (again, that's the road from Rockwood to Harriman, the longest route in the entire map at OVER 18 MILES LONG, it's also Route 27).
    It'll tell you if you're on one of almost 50~100 different roads in the map.

There's so much to this map that most people never see. It's there, it's huge, it's extremely complicated and by long and very far the most complex and hard to run map in the entire game TO DATE. There's a reason why it takes a lot of PC to run this.

--Cheers!
    --- Post updated ---
    There's a hand car that currently works with this game version.

I believe YBR was using the SUBWAY train for this, not too long ago, like in the last game version or this one (0.10 or 0.11), so it'll still work most likely. Careful not to derail by going to fast, there are many tight turns.
    There's two long sections of track. You can go from Harriman downtown to the Fossil Power Plant near Kingston, or you can go from the rail yard behind LONG DONG's (well, near the LINE CITY) to Rockwood town***. The tracks do run that far, about some dozen or two miles! I think they go from Harriman to the north map edge, also. They do go a VERY long way, though. I hope someone does make a train as otherwise they'll be outmoded and only the intersections would remain.

***I am not 100% sure at this time which ones run 'through' from which town to where, you can use free-cam and look though, but be careful going fast on the tracks, due to floating point imprecision on long routes going far away from map center, the tracks can be dodgy sometimes and derail a train a little easier than intended.
    Just check them out when you have time and find a working rail vehicle.

Also, word of note, you might get some flicker of props popping in an out of view in one or two spots momentarily, this is due to visibility blockers to help optimize FPS, that go over the track, which is lower than the road itself you normally travel on. This is known, but not a high-priority bug, due to the fact that we don't have many trains. This is expected just south of the Ibishu dealer on Roane Street, just south of Downtown Harriman by about 3/4ths of a mile. Going on the tracks here could temporarily (for one second) cause objects to flicker in and out, it'll happen just south of a road bridge over the tracks. Please do not report as a bug! I had to do something to help the FPS here it was BAD, and still isn't much better.

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Still working as expected in 0.12 - no issues that i can find as of first-glance.
    Performance is as-expected, maybe a hair better, no hard numbers as I've been messing with things a bit much to really have a say.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Current FPS improvement progress: Roughly, 35% more FPS in the towns, tested with reflections/details MAXED - tested in DOWNTOWN HARRIMAN, slowest spot in the map!

So yes, no worries, it's not going to look like RACE DRIVIN / HARD DRIVIN next time you fire it up (yes that game's fun too). Nor will it look like Stunt Race FX :) This shot is with reflections on full-blast at the default spawn point.

It's almost going to go without notice. Sure a lot of people are going to be like "What did I download 1GB again for!???, You @#$%!!!" ... Sure, if you squint you might be able to see a house a block or so away not at full detail, but really, when you're in a dense city or town, do you focus on your immediate surroundings, the road, or the stuff blocks away?
    It is not drastic enough (as it wouldn't pay to boost FPS anymore as I could NOT do it without losing obvious simulation immersion here) to make a difference on car crash videos (and at 480p, streamed by the majority, you would NOT be able to notice).

I've put hours and hours into this (two or three solid full work days worth of time), and I believe, that while the country (rural) areas won't get much of a boost in FPS (it's within margin of error between tests), the cities/towns most definitely got a good boost. Actually, you'll find that if you have the reflections off, You'd be hard-pressed with an RX 480 to drop anywhere below 47~50fps anywhere in the map.
    However, with reflections on, 22~24fps for a very brief moment was as low as I could get it to go, most of the time it stayed around 26~30fps. AT NO TIME DID THE SIMULATION RUN BELOW 20 FPS LIMIT, required for real-time simulation (below 20fps the simulation slows down). This is good! As it had done so in a few spots in downtown Harriman before.

Currently using 4069MB max VRAM over several tests with lots of windows open (Windows 7, no 3d effects), so 4gb card users REJOICE! You WILL NOT need more than a 4gb card for this map - unless you load in LOTS and LOTS of other cars. I must have gotten an erroneous reading the other day when it said I was only using 1gb of VRAM.

The game is using 5.6GB of RAM plus the UI EXE RAM requirement (128mb, much less than in 0.11 and 0.10 game version!).
    I don't know the state of the mini-map, if it's still bugged up or not. I haven't tried it, it's on the to-do list though.

Going to consider editing some of the reflection quality in tests, it doesn't need to be a mirror-finish reflection as it's not realistic to expect 60fps from it EVEN WITH A GTX 1080 Ti !!! Sheesh. Maybe my mapping skills aren't so good after-all.

Oh well, going to keep trying, for that 40% improvement, but if 35% is all I get, I will be thrilled with that.

I should be able to get my act together over the next week to 10 days, to get a private beta out. Slots are still open for the CLOSED BETA PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT TEST, the only requirement being that you let me know how well it runs pre and post-update
    (take screenshots with CTRL+F fps counter on, then ALT+O for a screenshot), that is it! You don't need a good PC, I've still got a 4790k, because I'd rather buy Super Nintendo games than PC games/hardware right now (I don't agree with the RAM and GPU prices as of late, they can kiss my big rump).

So honestly here, Should have a late-month public update regardless of beta participation unless I bugger things up badly repeatedly (I do backup - religiously).

Send a private message to me if you want to be on the CLOSED beta, or chime in here on the thread, I will be less likely to lose the message or forget about you if you use the private message feature, don't forget to send your specs (pc hardware) over with the message about the Roane County Closed Beta, if you do!

I can't promise everyone will get 35%, heck, some could get more, but some will get less improvement, it should never be WORSE though. The closed beta shall tell all!
    --Cheers!

#1038 bob.blunderton, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  19. TagIstNacht676

TagIstNacht676
    Expand Collapse

can you do this area tuvalu.jpg please and put a massive glass under water highway if you need help i can help thank you map link https://goo.gl/maps/NxdFs9mZLJv

20. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

how do you think this would run on a Nvidia 1060 6g fx-8350 and 16gb of ram
    --- Post updated ---
    maybe you could make a small fps friendly version of the map that isn't so big so that some people who cant run the map can actually enjoy it sorta

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice