WIP Beta released The Tennessee USA Roane County 0.71 Beta Discussion/Suggestion/feedback Thread 19.3.1

HUGE 175sq/mi, 193+ miles of roadway, US40 highway, 3 Towns, Signs, Working Traffic Lights, Trees

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information about the reworking dates of this map and thank you for the information about this map in general.

By the way, I can hardly wait for the remastered version of this map. I really like the scenery and general vibe of this map. I would love for it to be remastered between late 2020 and early 2021.

Also, you gave some really good information about the pole. Anyways, this map is awesome. It does have a few bugs here and there, but I still like the map :)

#1261 95Crash, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

By the way, The "do not enter" signs are missing the "do not enter" sign paint/sticker/whatever texture. I cleared cache and disabled mods and I'm still having this issue.

screenshot_2020-01-02_10-39-34.png

That said, this map is still awesome and I'm thankful for all of the work you've put into it :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Oops. There goes another texture error. Derp. Old format textures went on vacation again.
    I'll have to update this by sometime in mid-February. I'm currently really working solid on Los Injurus until then - I will throw a week or so of work into dressing some things up and making casual improvements (to the FPS if I can help it, too, no promises!), and fixing some of the bugs in it.
    You're welcome for the thank-you, I appreciate it. I LOVE cruising Roane County so much, it was a labor of love building it. It really needs some more love. I wish there were two of me bud. This game really did give my modding ability some room to stretch and give me the ability to truly design what I want without limit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information about this upcoming map update =)

5. Dustytrailll

Dustytrailll
    Expand Collapse

You are the King of the road!
    That's the best map! I tried it last night and drive my Fury for hours exploring, tried the trains out, fixed a bunch of track joints derailing my trains, explored the off map areas, and with those beautiful lakes/rivers I took flight with a Cessna on pontoons and explored some more.
    Sadly my Sapphire is dying and under clocked just to keep it going. It needs 3 new fans or a liquid cooling system. But if I torture it to death on your map, it will be well worth it.
    Looks as though you have lots of room on the map to add more detail and adventures too. Is it a work still in progress? I noticed a double dead ended road nicely laid out in the middle of nowhere when I was flying around in the Cessna.
    I wish I could find a boat and trailer now to go boating there too..lol
    I used the node tool to hoist and position my trains on the tracks, it seems easier than using the editor to me.
    But thanks to you I will spend many hours touring your fantastic map. For good or bad.o_O:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Sometime in february I will put a little TLC on this map to improve any old textures that are not working, and fix any bugs I come across.
    There's probably a lot of roads that are half-done out in the more rural areas. Plenty of room for expansion here. I will eventually expand it more and put more work into it, however that is not in the immediate/near future for the map. I am currently pouring all my time into Los Injurus - while that's not as big - it's exponentially more detailed. I will come back and spend more time on this someday.
    Thanks for the kind words, this map was a labor of love.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dustytrailll

Dustytrailll
    Expand Collapse

You are the best map builder, I'll have to download Los Injurus and check it out. Your work is aprecieated and the reason I signed up here just to give you my compliments. I hope lots of folks get to see the great work you do.
    Thank you for all you do "map Santa". lol

8. Iridescent

Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

I have a question about PC performance requirements for this map, how does it compare to Italy? My computer can run Italy alright (it takes a while to load), so should it be able to run this map? My computer has around 8GB of ram.

9. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey bob.blunderton. Just curious, have you considered adding more telephone poles and roads to this map or no?

10. Aizzzz

Aizzzz
    Expand Collapse

Hey fella. I ordered a new pc and a G29. Can my pc run with the specs of:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    Intel I5 9400F
    16GB RAM DDR4?

11. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

Pretty okay specs, should run this map well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Pentium4Guy

Pentium4Guy
    Expand Collapse

it will run it extremely well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tonimark

tonimark
    Expand Collapse

hello , i just downloaded the map and enjoyed it but i have a problem at the runway (point which says roxwood exit with a gas station the game gets slowed down extremely 2 fps , the ram is ok but my GPU is overloaded with 100% , on other regions of the map the fps is just fine 30-50 fps this happens only at a specific region GPU model:Nvidia Geforce GT 1030

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Aviage

Aviage
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    First off, amazing map! You have put so much time into this, and it shows.
    The only issue is... I can't find anything. Is there some map I could use which shows the locations of everything here?
    Thanks very much!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pentium4Guy

Pentium4Guy
    Expand Collapse

GT 1030 only has 2Gb of Vram its very low for this map, upgrade your GPU to a GTX 1650 Super if you can, if not a 1050ti. this map calls for 4-6+gb of vram. What are the specs for your PC?

16. PatrickH

PatrickH
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a weird issue...one night while playing the game I found a small glitch in the road and tried to fix it with the world editor...worked fine...Then my computer crashed and when I re-spawned into the map there wasn't anything except orange everywhere saying "no textures". I tried re-installing the map several times and it doesn't fix it..Anybody know what might be the problem.

17. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Try clearing cache. If that doesn't fix it, go to Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels and delete the roane country folder.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheDarkGamer

TheDarkGamer
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Flokos | Not Purple

Flokos | Not Purple
    Expand Collapse

I've got the exact same issue. Downloaded the map manually, entered the map, the map is missing.
    Any fixes about that?

*edit* loaded the map again at default spawn and it seems like the map is there but everything is black and I'm underwater. I've attached an image

Attached Files:

• 20200409153927_1.jpg
    #1280 Flokos | Not Purple, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice