WIP Beta released The Tennessee USA Roane County 0.71 Beta Discussion/Suggestion/feedback Thread 19.3.1

HUGE 175sq/mi, 193+ miles of roadway, US40 highway, 3 Towns, Signs, Working Traffic Lights, Trees

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

bob.blunderton updated (Roane County) Temporarily Broken! Oops! with a new update entry:

Roane County TN for BeamNG 0.19.x

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

3. Chance Barber

Chance Barber
    Expand Collapse

Help! It won't load in with this map! It's been stuck on the map loading screen for about 15 minutes now

4. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Should work again.

#1304 DaddelZeit, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  5. Chance Barber

Chance Barber
    Expand Collapse

This was after this new update. And what did you mean by this is a dummy file and the real one would be uploaded to MEGA? Link?

6. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

I'm not the modder. Bob's update message said that the file he posted was a dummy file and he posted the real file to mega, so that the staff can download it and replace his dummy file. He did this because the map is to big for him to upload (restrictions).
    --- Post updated ---
    The staff already replaced the file.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yeah we have to engage in some serious trickery to actually get something bigger than 500MB on the server. Sometimes my connection is bad for days. Right now is the first time it's come up properly in DAYS AND DAYS. So sorry for the quiet spell. If the 1.1GB file is what you get, it should work. The old broken one was 1.19GB (I actually was able to reduce the new one just a bit). If my maps ever come up as 1kb, just check back a day later and they will be fixed. If you make an environment large and detailed enough to make an entire game in, they might just allow an exception to the server size limits.
    Sorry it took so darn long, but I've been dealing with rubbish internet follies for the last few days to a week, and weather - and I have satellite internet...in the 2nd most rainy place in the country. Ugh. What was I thinking when I got that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I'm not kidding about how bad my internet is. This website and Discord are the only two things that came up. Speed test can't even connect 9 out of 10 tries, and when it finally did, this is what I got:
    This is also posted on the Los Injurus forum thread, too.

Attached Files:

• hughesnet2.png
    • hughesnet2.png
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

At this state you might as well move to Australia's Outback, the internet is better there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

The internet on the MOON / in outer-space is better then here!!! The ping times must certainly not worse, also, depending on how far out you go - otherwise they might as well drop a letter in the mail box out there. In space.
    Sheesh!

• Like Like x 1
  11. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Nah, coverage on the moon sucks, up here on Pluto though our internet literally eats earth-net for breakfast, lunch and dinner

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

How about internet on the sun?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

nah I wouldn't know, I only visited once for a brief time, didn't stay long because those sun people are just plain dickheads

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Welp, I got 20 Mbps here on mars.

15. DiRF

DiRF
    Expand Collapse

How're your potatoes growing?

16. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Very good actually, I've got carrots too!
    --- Post updated ---
    Lets just hope my airlock doesn't explode.

17. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Airlock ? Really ? I didn't know Mars had no air. At least here on Pluto we have plenty of air, well enough for seven people

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha, yeah our internet is pretty bad here. I swear NASA can communicate with the MARS probes better than I can with the rest of this planet.
    I will get some better internet when I find a way that doesn't cost me hundreds to start up. Sure it's worth the speed in the long run, but I'm just not game to pony up that kind of money 'just for internet'. So I will hang onto my money until I price out something better and cheaper, that actually works, and make my move then. So for now my internet might be a little spotty. I'm just not game for paying 30~100$ 'sign up' fees so 'I can be there customer to pay them'. I don't play that game.
    Our satellite internet provider hasn't held up their end of the bargain/contract, so I'm not worried much about early termination fees - I will go to court over that and dispute it.
    "Failure to fulfill contractual obligations" is a thing.

19. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M
    Expand Collapse

I have 16GB of ram but this is still crashing when I try to load it

20. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

I also have 16GB of ram and it doesn't crash. :I Maybe you just have too many mods installed or you might need to clear cache....

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice