Thoughts as to creating 'depth' to vehicle chassis/body panels

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by GabrielP04, Feb 14, 2020.

1. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I'm full of questions, but the most urgent one is how to create the depth of the vehicle chassis (a-pillar for example or truck bed). I try to extrude, but it usually ends up running into neighboring faces and creates that sort of static effect when they run into each other. I sometimes select many faces and extrude them, but it usually ends up weird leaving many edges behind. I can post screenshots if needed, but what do you suggest to build the structure? Same applies to body panels like the doors. I'm modeling a kei truck for beamng and i've never involved the depth of surfaces. I hope i worded it well, hopefully you guys can help. Thanks!

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

How advanced are you in Blender? Usually, when making such meshes, you just create the outer "shell" where as the inner one will be made using the Solidify modifier (altough you will need to clean up after it, especially with some tighter-packed places) which cuts out a lot of work, but may also add some depending on the meshes' complexity.

If you have any more question, feel free to ask :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice