1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Throttle amount?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by garyjpaterson, May 6, 2014.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Not really sure what to title the topic, but i have a problem/question about throttle input.

When using my G27, ive noticed that using just a TINY amount of throttle (-10%) input, you can reach near full revs.

My question, is this a problem with my G27 or is this just part of the game? Seems like it should get fixed but im not entirely sure its broken, mabye its supposed to be that way.

Added a few screenies, the blue circles show the amount of revs, and at the top there is my throttle input, which as you can see is tiny, as im barely pressing the pedal.

BeamNG 2014-05-06 21-26-01-19.jpg BeamNG 2014-05-06 21-26-07-19.jpg BeamNG 2014-05-06 21-26-11-45.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It's an early alpha, tons of things need to be fixed/improved. This is one of those things.

3. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i realise its early alpha, just wondering if anyone else has this issue or not. Wonder if its a simple fix or not, and if so, could it be included in the race update?

4. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

yeah, sorry, but what is this supposed to contribute to the thread? you could post those same sentences in any of the threads in this section without adding anything

@op:

i tested with my xbox controller and noticed that the gavril is definitely very sensitive to throttle inputs. i tried the same thing with the covet and was able to get much smoother revs. maybe try out the covet on your g27 to see if it's more like what you expect.

5. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, seems slightly better, but even still, im on full revs with according to the game, 40% throttle input.

I think it'd be more realistic to only be on full revs when youre on full throttle.

EDIT Thought id add another screenshot to show what i mean:

BeamNG 2014-05-06 22-28-42-61.png

6. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

If you're just free revving, that's wrong to have full rpm at full throttle and say, 50% of the rev range at 50% throttle. The throttle pedal is not like that in real life.

7. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Dunno, seems wrong for half the throttle input to do essentially nothing. Once youre past 50% any extra throttle input is meaningless. Seems strange.

Also, I think it adds to the difficulty in driving the powerful Bolide (I know the handling has been tweaked for the update), since its difficult to get, lets say Half throttle, since that translates to less than 10% of real throttle input.

Just my thoughts.

8. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Right, but it's called a throttle pedal for a reason, not an RPM pedal, ya know?

9. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Right, but i can tell you it takes pretty much full throttle in any car ive driven to get near the redline, not ~15% throttle.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Pedal lets fuel in, fuel goes bang, engine spins faster. It is not a linear relationship though. Takes a very light depression to raise my car from 750rpm idle to 2000rpm, the engine revs to 5800 in my car. Wouldnt surprise me if in nuetral at 50% throttle it did redline.

The gavril might be over-responsive, I don't know, I would need to actually compare it directly and at 11pm I am not going outside to randomly rev my car for no reason. But that sort of behavior is in general to be expected considering there is no direct relationship between RPM's and throttle position, its just how close BeamNG is and whether its something that can be tweaked through things like the sensitivity and friction settings in JBeam or needs altering in the BeamNG code.

11. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that makes sense. I still think all the cars are overly sensitive throttle wise when in neutral. But when driving, it seems much better.

12. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

IMHO, they react pretty much the same way real cars do. When im in neutral in my camaro, even with its boat anchor motor, it doesnt take much to send it bouncing off valve float. MAYBE 20% throttle to send it to redline. (which, ironically i have no clue what the RPM of is, as im too cheap to buy a tach. :p)

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Chevy doesn't put tacho's in the dash by default? wow, talk about cheap

14. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Theres wasnt much of a use for one in an auto car in 1969 so they were optional. :p Mine has the option, but it doesnt work now that its 43 years old.

As you seem to be a ford bigot, ill leave it in the air that it was optional on fords of the era as well. Talk about cheap, eh?

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

how was i supposed to know you were talking about a car from 1969 :/

16. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

How were you supposed to know i wasnt?
    You went ford fanboy and immediately bashed on anything you could without asking why.

I mean really, how many cars have you seen post '82ish that didnt have a tach? /:

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

none, never seen a car post 82ish with a tach either, because most people where i live drive a vehicle that's actually from this century, as they'd actually like to have a chance of living in a car crash :/

@Below that sounds like a GREAT idea, sadly, this is the beamng forums meaning that like 5 pages later some evil person will try to bring it back up again :/

#17 logoster, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  18. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

Let us stop arguing before Mythbuster pimp smacks this thread

19. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Simple solution: Dont crash.

Honestly if i felt unsafe in the car, i wouldnt drive it.

Sure its a tad less safe, but wheres your sense of fun? Whats better than outrunning a newish GT500 (the 4.63s i used are too high for highway use sadly. :p) in a car thats older than the driver and heavier than his daddys wallet?

Also, unless ive been waiting for the race update waaaay too long, the year is not 2069, so my car is from this century. :p

Okay i done now

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo (all badge engineering's of the same car). Lack tachometer as standard equipment yet are manual transmissions starting manufacture in 2005. That said, even having a door fitted over the glovebox is an optional extra, my mates 107 just has a little shelf there :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice