tire wear

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by raleigh, Nov 7, 2016.

1. raleigh

raleigh
    Expand Collapse

it would be pretty simple, if someone could make a mod or if devs could do it, then that'd be cool. i would do it myself, but im not too keen on collision and shear detection works.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

its not as simple as you think.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

If you are going to suggest something, atleast do a bit of research into it especially if you have no idea about lua or even basic coding which you clearly don't.
    Anyways this will probably be a feature that will make it into the game eventually (note that i said eventually) because an accurate tyre heat sim would make circuit and drag racing much more realistic in terms of driving and with the heat of the tire playing a major part in the handling of a vehicle i think they would atleast have plans to implement it in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. raleigh

raleigh
    Expand Collapse

creasing curve, if you're going to be a jerk, don't post in my threads.
    --- Post updated ---
    if the game is detecting that the car tires are leaving skidmarks, it will bring them closer to their bursting point. simple.

5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@raleigh, i'm aware that i may come across as a jerk, but when you are suggesting ideas that you clearly have no concept of how they would be implemented, i can not help it especially when you have acted and treated other people in a similar way.
    The game cannot just pick up the amount of skidmarks that are left and base the tyre wear off of that. It would have to work in a similar way to brake thermals but i way that takes in telemetry such as wheelspeed, tyre compound, wieght of vehicles, weight distribution and drivetrain type and suspension. This would then have to be setup up in a way that can be calculated in lua and then be put in game.

No, not simple.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Aside from that what other people said, there are states between "new tire" and "tire so far driven down that it bursts". The loss of grip over time should also be simulated, making this even more complicated to implement.

7. raleigh

raleigh
    Expand Collapse

not simple, but still very doable.

8. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Nobody doubts that, but you always said
    , which is not the case.

9. raleigh

raleigh
    Expand Collapse

well, i guess i stand corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice